FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: To go jdm or not to?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So I have been thinking of getting a new car , but nothing out there really floats my boat. I have always wanted a supra , so im just wondering if buying a NA market one is worth the extra 15k? Also does anyone have any knowledge on the civic ep3?
2013 Focus ST
(10-11-2012, 02:50 AM)oldeguy Wrote: [ -> ]2013 Focus ST
No thanks , they are nice but the amount of money I would spend modifying it I could have something that already does the things I would want the focus to do.
I think the ST is the one you leave alone and the N/A is the one you dump a boat load in to try and catch an ST.

Really I'd go and buy boost and not build boost. Building is simple but you have all the little voices in your head saying is this going to let go or HEY, did you hear that too!!! lol

JDM is alright. I've always loved the Supra's (F?I) but I think it would be a waste to just get a N?A one if you want to have fun and show off.

Good Luck!!
(10-11-2012, 08:56 AM)Scorcher000 Wrote: [ -> ]I think the ST is the one you leave alone and the N/A is the one you dump a boat load in to try and catch an ST.

Really I'd go and buy boost and not build boost. Building is simple but you have all the little voices in your head saying is this going to let go or HEY, did you hear that too!!! lol

JDM is alright. I've always loved the Supra's (F?I) but I think it would be a waste to just get a N?A one if you want to have fun and show off.

Good Luck!!
I didnt mean naturally asperated , i was talking about the price differnce between a usdm supra and a jdm supra lol
go for a late '80s north american supra... you can find some pretty cheaply... also, i guess it comes down to if your interested in paying for the cost of the car, plus cost of importing, plus im sure a more expensive insurance if you import... and dont get a Targa Top supra, ton of extra weight, and loss of rigidity... im also looking for a project car from the late 80's early 90's... ive been looking at early evos, eagle talon tsi awd, merkur xr4ti, the hard to find mustang svo... my main criteria is CHEAP (under 3gs), and must have a factory turbo lol
im looking for a 1993-1997 supra , so i dont have to put any work into it lol.Just somthing about the 2jz.
OHHH ok. well I'd say get the JDM but then your insurance company will be like um your car only has a 10 digit vin number... we have to charge you more.

Hard to say Undecided
(10-12-2012, 09:26 PM)Scorcher000 Wrote: [ -> ]OHHH ok. well I'd say get the JDM but then your insurance company will be like um your car only has a 10 digit vin number... we have to charge you more.

Hard to say Undecided
Well im paying $248 a month on a 2003 focus lmao so it cant be much worse.
(10-13-2012, 02:00 AM)adamzx5 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-12-2012, 09:26 PM)Scorcher000 Wrote: [ -> ]OHHH ok. well I'd say get the JDM but then your insurance company will be like um your car only has a 10 digit vin number... we have to charge you more.

Hard to say Undecided
Well im paying $248 a month on a 2003 focus lmao so it cant be much worse.

Yes it can LOL! Best to get your insurance quote first before you jump into the Supra pool.
Trust me if you have a 10 Digit VIN you will get raped like im talking 7g's a year plus thats even if you find an insurance company to take you on. If your paying $250 on a focus I can't imagine how much they would charge you for a supra. Please humour us call and get a quote and let us know how it goes. Thats why the USDM ones are so over priced because if you get a cheap imported one your going to pay for insurance year after year. Your better off with a USDM in the long run.
I know of a USDM supra for sale in kitchener. Super clean car however it is a Targa (reason owner is selling)

Owner of the car also owns meineke in waterloo on weber. I think he is asking like 26k or something for it though but it is low mileage and a killer beautiful car.
There is one in brampton with 14400kms and the guy is asking 30k.
give the guys shop a call and ask, from last i remember (hes been trying to sell it for years) is that is only had like 30k on it, but that was a couple years ago. Guy who owns it, names john congi and its a 1994 from what i recall. 1-519-746-1070

Yeah, John has been selling his supra for years. I'm starting to think there's a reason for it. Probably asking arm and a half.
(10-13-2012, 06:28 AM)NikiterZTS Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, John has been selling his supra for years. I'm starting to think there's a reason for it. Probably asking arm and a half.
Most ppl selling supras are asking way to much. But I wonder what they really end up getting.
They ask a lot because they are clean unmolested NA cars that are hard to find
Have you tried heading south? Texas, maybe?
Hey, you should have been around when I sold/wrecked those cars. I owned an SVO and an XR4Ti.

(10-12-2012, 09:53 AM)MuskokaZX3 Wrote: [ -> ]go for a late '80s north american supra... you can find some pretty cheaply... also, i guess it comes down to if your interested in paying for the cost of the car, plus cost of importing, plus im sure a more expensive insurance if you import... and dont get a Targa Top supra, ton of extra weight, and loss of rigidity... im also looking for a project car from the late 80's early 90's... ive been looking at early evos, eagle talon tsi awd, merkur xr4ti, the hard to find mustang svo... my main criteria is CHEAP (under 3gs), and must have a factory turbo lol

The NA supra TT was better then the JDM version. stronger bottom end, better OE turbos, intake manni was better 2 IIRC. Best to just buy an NA N/A, swap out for the TT engine and enjoy the lower premiums lol
Pages: 1 2