FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: My Focus ZX5 Project
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hey all , Haven't done a whole lot of talking on here , But if you are on FF also i have been there , but since this is a smaller group of More Canadian nature i figure i better live up to my nationality and bring some of my Focus love here too Tongue

I will post up my project thus far , you guys can tell me what you think and go from there.

[Image: bdnyqc.jpg]

This is what i started with , Had just got the rims and tires on her.

[Image: 29232tw.jpg]

[Image: 2s6wt38.png]

First thing i did was i color matched the front upper grill.

[Image: 11soy6t.jpg]

Then i went and found a local parts store that could get a SVT front lower grill , and so i modded the original to fit the SVT one.

[Image: 8yzu49.jpg]

Then i repainted the CAI to match my color scheme i was going for , and painted the battery cover too . God thats a dirty engine bay.....

[Image: 2dkbtw7.jpg]

Did a little interior painting, vent rings , and corners and door handles.

[Image: 2i7olti.jpg]

Then i had my engine bay cleaned!!!

[Image: 2dk0m6v.jpg]
[Image: kbf5h4.jpg]

Not just cleaned But also finally got a euro upper grill!!

[Image: m67on.jpg]

Got something new and exciting from Massive Performance
a Trophy Valve cover!!!

[Image: 21odi7l.jpg]

And not just the valve cover a Front and rear strut bars too!!

[Image: 10qezp3.jpg]

Front strut bar and Valve cover installed

[Image: 9i7mde.jpg]

Better look

[Image: 4qq1pl.jpg]

and finally and definitly not the last of it i got new HVAC knobs

More projects to come and pictures too .....

Gotta pause the upgrades until i figure out a vibration issue.

UPDATE!!!!

So i test fit the bumper , needed a little persuasion on one side , but in the end she fit on pretty good.

[Image: 2ryoytf.jpg]

[Image: wvo5tc.jpg]

[Image: nejmrn.jpg]

[Image: 1jb1b8.jpg]

Now to tear it all down again for the repair.
like the white/purple, love the hvac knobs where did you get them?

don't like the vc breather, imho catch can or just back to intake..
I bought the knobs from a FF member , but they are readily available on ebay for around 15 bucks

I am keeping my eyes open to a whole new CAI but it is down my list of things to do.
Very nice car
How much more was it to get white for the valve cover?
(11-18-2012, 05:46 PM)adamzx5 Wrote: [ -> ]How much more was it to get white for the valve cover?

From my understanding , there isn't a extra cost for a different color. I can't defulge the deal i had with massive , but based on their site there was no extra cost as they do their own powder coating.
They really do an awesome job on there powder coating.
nice stuffs
lookin good man
Updated post ! Tongue
Lookin good man , what are your plans to repair it ?
Well the nasty scratches im just filling with a plastic weld epoxy and sanding to smooth it out. the cracks i will be doing plastic weld with wire mesh on the back and front. i will probably have it done and completed next week.

Today i already sanded 3/4 of the bumper and filled in the scratches, tomorrow i will sand what i did today and remove the bumper and replace with my old one . Monday i will start the cracks , and by wednesday hopefully be doing paint.
Never seen those HVAC Knobs before very nice, Keep up the good work.
Today , well this morning , which is all the time i had before rain fell , but i sanded the nasty scratches and basically melted a little abs plastic into the scratches to fill them , so thats done , monday , as long as weather hold will take the bumper off , and start work on the cracks . Once thats done , wet sand , and prime , wet sand , prime , then if all looks good paint!! Tongue , gotta order me some fogs though

Started the custom wireing harness i am making to accomidate the SVT fogs and new headlights i am getting , so far looks good.
What kind of headlights you getting?
[Image: 2pquluv.jpg]

Bought them from a FF member
So a small update , AS it snowed hits Morning (&#^$&&#&R#&^&@) but didn't stop me from doing a little work , took the SVT bumper off , then my old on back on , then started to repair the damage on the SVT one.

So as of 5 pm i have all the repairs done. Tomorrow sand down he excess plastic , and then rough it all up and prime. And Wetsand , and prime ad wetsand and see where i go there.

I am hoping to have it all primed by tomorrow evening.

I also start making a wire harness for my new headlights and SVT fogs. as my car doesn't use the same connections , i had to make my own harness.

Will post pictures tomorrow of the repair ad hopefully a primed bumper.
So another update , bumper is repaired fully , and the following are pics of my repair.

[Image: a3wy1.jpg]

This was the worst repair on the thing , as it was a pressure joint , so it deserved a little more attention. so in the back looks ugly, but the front looks good.

[Image: 23kyuzq.jpg]

this was a simple matter of reinforcing the crack which is not a supporting crack , but it is repaired and reinforced.

[Image: 123mn1t.jpg]

Some more of the reinforcement and repair

[Image: c288i.jpg]

some more reinforcement

[Image: 30tjchu.jpg]

the front facing side of the first image , the major repair crack.

[Image: 2cr944h.jpg]

This is after today , 1st coat of white finally went on , after a few bouts of primer and wet sand to smooth it.

[Image: 20h24qe.jpg]

[Image: jg0f81.jpg]

Tomorrow a little wet sand for a little over spray , then another coat of white . and wetsand , then clear coat.

keep in mind i am also doing this when it is far too cold to be doing this. i am baking the bumper useing a heat gun ...... not the best way to do this. but since i am in a competition with father time , and mother nature .

i want this on for the winter.

So thats where i am at. when i have the clear coat on and the lip and grill oni will take a few more pictures to show.
Look really good man. The white is awesome. Good job on the bumper too. I saw what it looked like at first. Lol
looking good, what paint are you using? Hope it has flex agent in it....
Pages: 1 2 3