FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: NEW E-TEST DISCUSSION
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
dont know if this has been brought up here or not but in another forum im on isdisscussing this

whats everyones persepective on the new e-test coming next year?

are us who are modified and have tuned the ECU screwed from here on out?
i havent heard anything about that whats suppose to happen?
(11-22-2012, 12:26 AM)2000zx3sct Wrote: [ -> ]i havent heard anything about that whats suppose to happen?

no more sniff test everything is done by the cars ecu
and visual

Really never heard of it. Where's the links?
(11-22-2012, 12:57 AM)ZX3_2NV Wrote: [ -> ]Really never heard of it. Where's the links?

http://www.ene.gov.on.ca/environment/en/.../index.htm
http://www.ene.gov.on.ca/environment/en/...98041.html
http://www.ene.gov.on.ca/stdprodconsume/...101126.pdf
Q: What are the emission requirements for a 2004 Honda with the original engine that has been modified with performance parts, (i.e., turbocharger, cold air intake, etc.)?
A: This vehicle must:

•meet the visible emission standards
•meet the emission standards for the model year of the vehicle (2004)
•have all the original emissions control equipment, or its equivalent, attached and functioning.
FYI, even though this vehicle has been modified, it is not considered to be a “hot rod”. That’s because the modification to the engine (turbocharger) did not change the engine, which was available to buyers of that make and model year of vehicle.

we appear to be screwd even under a "hot rod" status
Great, guess im not removing egr anymore. Gotta love the MTO.
(11-22-2012, 01:31 AM)zx3kash Wrote: [ -> ]Great, guess im not removing egr anymore. Gotta love the MTO.

there very well could be a way around this, technically i have altered the displacement in my motor and according to the hot rod act that classifies a car as a hot rod

iv sent an email off to the ministry, hopefully they will respond back to me
im glad i can still slip by with the mustang and the motor swap. svt on the other had DAMN IT!
From what I have heard on the street is if your car is chipped you will be fine, but once you get an answer back from the ministry post it up.
dam wonder if my CEL will be an issue then , i have a code for EGR system .
we got the new machine here at work, no more dyno, its basically a computer thats gonna plug into your OBD2 port, it reads for check engine lights, if you have them on you will fail, it also checks for chips and tuning...we havnt used ours yet cuz we gotta wait for a govnt installer to set it up. ill let you guys know how it works....but it looks like we're screwed....im debating returning my focus to stock so i can pass itAngry
(11-22-2012, 03:49 AM)buzz2.0 Wrote: [ -> ]we got the new machine here at work, no more dyno, its basically a computer thats gonna plug into your OBD2 port, it reads for check engine lights, if you have them on you will fail, it also checks for chips and tuning...we havnt used ours yet cuz we gotta wait for a govnt installer to set it up. ill let you guys know how it works....but it looks like we're screwed....im debating returning my focus to stock so i can pass itAngry

to bad there wasnt a way to replace the ecu for a stock ecu for the test then swap it back out lol i have 2 ecus laying around lol
Great. Why the f**k would they do this? What was wrong with what we had?
cause mto is gay
If its the same system many states use, we will be fine. Many fj members are fine aslong as they have a cat, as they would fail visual otherwise
Would it be an every year thing or how it is now?
due to this thread mustang is coming out of storage in the morning and heading in for an E test to be sure it will be ok for my plate renewal in spring lol Screw you Government
(11-22-2012, 01:02 PM)GFXjamie Wrote: [ -> ]If its the same system many states use, we will be fine. Many fj members are fine aslong as they have a cat, as they would fail visual otherwise

how this going to work if the new etest can detect if the ecu has been modified and paramaters have been changed

i think that is all a bunch of smoke blown up your rear. My buddy does the Etests at economy lube and tried telling me how were all doomed.

How is this software going to be able to confirm all the programming, on all vehicles, made newer than like '98 is the original programming? what is this machine going to "see"? There are WAY to many variables, in every vehicle and only newer audi's can actually tell if the ECU has been programmed by an outside source which is for warranty use mainly if ECU is returned to stock.
(11-23-2012, 03:40 AM)GFXjamie Wrote: [ -> ]i think that is all a bunch of smoke blown up your rear. My buddy does the Etests at economy lube and tried telling me how were all doomed.

How is this software going to be able to confirm all the programming, on all vehicles, made newer than like '98 is the original programming? what is this machine going to "see"? There are WAY to many variables, in every vehicle and only newer audi's can actually tell if the ECU has been programmed by an outside source which is for warranty use mainly if ECU is returned to stock.

lol what was your buddy telling you?
Pages: 1 2 3