FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Fiesta ST coming to Canada
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
From sympatico autos

[Image: 138303-medium-01_Ford-Fiesta-ST-hot-hatch.jpg]

197HP and over 200lb-ft of torque. That little thing is going to be fast!
yikes.
I like it but knowing that the st focus has more hp there's no way I could live with getting it .
How many gazillion dollars will it cost?
(11-29-2012, 03:25 AM)2000zx3sct Wrote: [ -> ]I like it but knowing that the st focus has more hp there's no way I could live with getting it .

Thing is, the focus is that much heavier than the fiesta.

So, comparatively speaking, both the focus ST and fiesta ST are going to be on similar performance grounds.

So a fiesta for the price of a focus that goes as fast as an ST that's priced the same and goesa about as fast as a v6 mustang....

pick your poison...
(11-29-2012, 07:06 AM)darkpuppet Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-29-2012, 03:25 AM)2000zx3sct Wrote: [ -> ]I like it but knowing that the st focus has more hp there's no way I could live with getting it .

Thing is, the focus is that much heavier than the fiesta.

So, comparatively speaking, both the focus ST and fiesta ST are going to be on similar performance grounds.

So a fiesta for the price of a focus that goes as fast as an ST that's priced the same and goesa about as fast as a v6 mustang....

pick your poison...

Now this is the true successor to the Svtf. I'm not hating on the Focus ST,but it's a little over weight. Lets hope for a sub $24k price tag.
I'd like to see what people can uncork these cars to...
Why don't they give us a 2 door, Come on guys
(11-28-2012, 11:47 PM)darkpuppet Wrote: [ -> ]From sympatico autos

[Image: 138303-medium-01_Ford-Fiesta-ST-hot-hatch.jpg]

197HP and over 200lb-ft of torque. That little thing is going to be fast!

Although I haven't driven a Focus ST, I have driven a 2012 Focus for a while, and had the pleasure of driving a Fiesta for a couple of days. Maybe it's my advanced age......but I prefer the Focus to own. However, I did enjoy the Fiesta, but a few things didn't appeal to me. The suspension wasn't as good as the Focus, and the rear brakes are drums. Maybe the Fiesta ST will at least have rear disc brakes, so you can stop as fast as you can accelerate....
I don't think disc brakes stop better than drums on the rear. For spirited driving they will deal with heat better, look better and are easier to maintain (matter of prefference I guess).

I doubt anybody on this forum has the ability to drive our cars to their limits, what most have is the ability to drive beyond THEIR limits.

i wish they would ease up on the performance side as the aftermarket thrives on this , and focus ( see what i did there) on the European styling being brought to the NA market.
I think most people agree having that styling brought to the NA market would make a good impact on the younger , and in most of our cases , older car enthusiast crowd.
(11-30-2012, 02:23 AM)incognito27 Wrote: [ -> ]i wish they would ease up on the performance side as the aftermarket thrives on this , and focus ( see what i did there) on the European styling being brought to the NA market.
I think most people agree having that styling brought to the NA market would make a good impact on the younger , and in most of our cases , older car enthusiast crowd.

The styling of the Fiesta, Focus, Fusion/Mondeo are worldwide, finally. We get what Europe gets mostly.The original Focus was also a world car.
i was more leaning towards the RS styling , that we kinda lack , even the newer ones have a styling both interior and exterior that we just don't have. I know the focus/fusion/fiesta are becoming more and more worldwide as per what ford is aiming at. but what happend to the RS styling , i know there is a article somewhere about a new RS but where is that styling in the NA markets. Tongue

Dam it man i just want an RS ...... ( goes back to my rock) Tongue
(11-30-2012, 02:30 AM)incognito27 Wrote: [ -> ]i was more leaning towards the RS styling , that we kinda lack , even the newer ones have a styling both interior and exterior that we just don't have. I know the focus/fusion/fiesta are becoming more and more worldwide as per what ford is aiming at. but what happend to the RS styling , i know there is a article somewhere about a new RS but where is that styling in the NA markets. Tongue

Dam it man i just want an RS ...... ( goes back to my rock) Tongue

RS would probably depend on sales of the ST. Sometimes we can't always get what we want, we get what we need.........Cool
(big foot voice) I NEED RS I NEED RS!!!

lol

i know i know
The dealer showed me they're only making $500 per Fiesta. Asked how they can afford that, he said they'll make all their money in parts. Now that's a vote of confidence.
mental note to self , stay away from the fiesta
I would much rather have the fiesta , this thing is going to tear up auto x.
I could see it being a great auto x car
it definitely is a hot hatch that's for sure. could be a fun little car. ill keep an eye for the arrival and book my test drive Smile
Pages: 1 2