Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fiesta ST coming to Canada
From sympatico autos

[Image: 138303-medium-01_Ford-Fiesta-ST-hot-hatch.jpg]

197HP and over 200lb-ft of torque. That little thing is going to be fast!
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

yikes.
I like it but knowing that the st focus has more hp there's no way I could live with getting it .
2002 SVT Focus
Procharger @ 10psi , Clutch Masters Stage 3 Clutch,Stainless Borla Exhaust, Ebc dimpled + slotted rotors and brakes ,Russel Stainless brake lines , Koni adjustable shocks ,Eibach Sportline Springs , CFM short throw shifter , Euro Grill , CFM 65mm tb , Mach Headlights , MSD Coil ,SCT Dyno tune @ steeda , Volant Intake .  
-2003 SVT Wagon - Euro Conversion , currently retired
Svt side skirts , st170 front bumper , mach headlights , spax rear adj shocks , focus sport rear springs , volant CAI , Roof rack delete , Street edition Spoiler , MBRP exhaust , Eibach front swaybar , shorty shifter and lots more to come!                             .
2011 SES - daily driver will be modded soon .                                                                                                                                                        
How many gazillion dollars will it cost?
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
(11-29-2012, 03:25 AM)2000zx3sct Wrote: I like it but knowing that the st focus has more hp there's no way I could live with getting it .

Thing is, the focus is that much heavier than the fiesta.

So, comparatively speaking, both the focus ST and fiesta ST are going to be on similar performance grounds.

So a fiesta for the price of a focus that goes as fast as an ST that's priced the same and goesa about as fast as a v6 mustang....

pick your poison...
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

(11-29-2012, 07:06 AM)darkpuppet Wrote:
(11-29-2012, 03:25 AM)2000zx3sct Wrote: I like it but knowing that the st focus has more hp there's no way I could live with getting it .

Thing is, the focus is that much heavier than the fiesta.

So, comparatively speaking, both the focus ST and fiesta ST are going to be on similar performance grounds.

So a fiesta for the price of a focus that goes as fast as an ST that's priced the same and goesa about as fast as a v6 mustang....

pick your poison...

Now this is the true successor to the Svtf. I'm not hating on the Focus ST,but it's a little over weight. Lets hope for a sub $24k price tag.
I'd like to see what people can uncork these cars to...
Why don't they give us a 2 door, Come on guys
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 - Daily Driver
2008 Lincoln MKX Limited Edition - Grocery Getter
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600 - Rode and Sold
2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade - Offroaded and Sold
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X - R.I.P. Electrical Fire
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 - Traded in Now DrunkinMonkeys Car
2003 Ford Taurus Wagon - Inherited Drove and Sold
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 Turbo - Award Winning 336 WHP - Parted and Scraped
1990 Ford Festiva - My 1st Car

[Image: ZX3PixelCarEngineVIEW.png]
(11-28-2012, 11:47 PM)darkpuppet Wrote: From sympatico autos

[Image: 138303-medium-01_Ford-Fiesta-ST-hot-hatch.jpg]

197HP and over 200lb-ft of torque. That little thing is going to be fast!

Although I haven't driven a Focus ST, I have driven a 2012 Focus for a while, and had the pleasure of driving a Fiesta for a couple of days. Maybe it's my advanced age......but I prefer the Focus to own. However, I did enjoy the Fiesta, but a few things didn't appeal to me. The suspension wasn't as good as the Focus, and the rear brakes are drums. Maybe the Fiesta ST will at least have rear disc brakes, so you can stop as fast as you can accelerate....
Proud member of the CDan nation.
2000 White ZTS: retired
2012 Frosted Glass SEL: active
K&N Filter.....
I don't think disc brakes stop better than drums on the rear. For spirited driving they will deal with heat better, look better and are easier to maintain (matter of prefference I guess).

I doubt anybody on this forum has the ability to drive our cars to their limits, what most have is the ability to drive beyond THEIR limits.

i wish they would ease up on the performance side as the aftermarket thrives on this , and focus ( see what i did there) on the European styling being brought to the NA market.
I think most people agree having that styling brought to the NA market would make a good impact on the younger , and in most of our cases , older car enthusiast crowd.
(11-30-2012, 02:23 AM)incognito27 Wrote: i wish they would ease up on the performance side as the aftermarket thrives on this , and focus ( see what i did there) on the European styling being brought to the NA market.
I think most people agree having that styling brought to the NA market would make a good impact on the younger , and in most of our cases , older car enthusiast crowd.

The styling of the Fiesta, Focus, Fusion/Mondeo are worldwide, finally. We get what Europe gets mostly.The original Focus was also a world car.
K&N Filter.....
i was more leaning towards the RS styling , that we kinda lack , even the newer ones have a styling both interior and exterior that we just don't have. I know the focus/fusion/fiesta are becoming more and more worldwide as per what ford is aiming at. but what happend to the RS styling , i know there is a article somewhere about a new RS but where is that styling in the NA markets. Tongue

Dam it man i just want an RS ...... ( goes back to my rock) Tongue
(11-30-2012, 02:30 AM)incognito27 Wrote: i was more leaning towards the RS styling , that we kinda lack , even the newer ones have a styling both interior and exterior that we just don't have. I know the focus/fusion/fiesta are becoming more and more worldwide as per what ford is aiming at. but what happend to the RS styling , i know there is a article somewhere about a new RS but where is that styling in the NA markets. Tongue

Dam it man i just want an RS ...... ( goes back to my rock) Tongue

RS would probably depend on sales of the ST. Sometimes we can't always get what we want, we get what we need.........Cool
K&N Filter.....
(big foot voice) I NEED RS I NEED RS!!!

lol

i know i know
The dealer showed me they're only making $500 per Fiesta. Asked how they can afford that, he said they'll make all their money in parts. Now that's a vote of confidence.
mental note to self , stay away from the fiesta
I would much rather have the fiesta , this thing is going to tear up auto x.
I could see it being a great auto x car
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 - Daily Driver
2008 Lincoln MKX Limited Edition - Grocery Getter
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600 - Rode and Sold
2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade - Offroaded and Sold
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X - R.I.P. Electrical Fire
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 - Traded in Now DrunkinMonkeys Car
2003 Ford Taurus Wagon - Inherited Drove and Sold
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 Turbo - Award Winning 336 WHP - Parted and Scraped
1990 Ford Festiva - My 1st Car

[Image: ZX3PixelCarEngineVIEW.png]
it definitely is a hot hatch that's for sure. could be a fun little car. ill keep an eye for the arrival and book my test drive Smile
Current: 2006 Focus ZX4 ST. Tuxedo Black and Sterling Grey
Mods: 7" double din Alpine touch screen audio unit, K&N typhoon CAI, Steeda short shifter, custom two tone paint, rear wing delete, Angel eye headlight kit with 6000K HID upgrade, tinted windows, tail lights, and marker lights, Eibach Sportline springs on Tokico shocks and struts, Eibach front and rear sway bar kit. 17x7 Ikon Black Zen Wheels. Massive front and rear upper strut bar.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ford Powershift Coming To Fiesta, Focus darkpuppet 3 2,104 01-22-2009, 03:19 PM
Last Post: OAC_Sparky
  Mk7 Fiesta Is Coming To North America Frost__2001 3 1,660 03-08-2007, 03:38 AM
Last Post: K_OS
  Gt-r Coming To Canada 2001 ZTS 10 3,317 04-15-2006, 09:13 AM
Last Post: microbunny