FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Looking for...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
CV shaft or axle as some call it. I need both or passenger side first of them , if anyone happens to have one lying around and want to get rid of it let me know.

Greg
scrap yard it, $40 each side i believe
yea .... trying to avoid the cold.... and dealing with taking it all apart . which is why i asked in the want to buy.. in case someone changed theirs for a aftermarket one , or did a engine change or , had a parts car..
(12-06-2012, 03:42 PM)incognito27 Wrote: [ -> ]yea .... trying to avoid the cold.... and dealing with taking it all apart . which is why i asked in the want to buy.. in case someone changed theirs for a aftermarket one , or did a engine change or , had a parts car..

I've got a couple of sets lying around but there's a reason they're not on my car - they're no good - I'm just keeping them as cores to buy new or reman.

A lot of wreckers will remove the parts for you - in my area AADCO won't even let you touch anything - they operate like a parts store except the parts are used.

Having said that, new one's aren't hugely expensive - IIRC the last one I bought cost me 140 and that was up here - you can get them in the US for almost half that.
yea i know they aren't particularily expensive , just trying to cut costs down as much as i can. And now i am on a time crunch to get em done , as i am going away for several months in January. Wonderful Winter basic training in quebec. so it will not get touched again after i leave until june july time frame.
If you want used, call Union auto parts on Richmond road, or Arnprior/Ottawa Autoparts. New, call Mike @ No Limits Autoparts.
yea i found a set new , for pretty cheap , both for 170 which is pretty decent.