FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Few new parts, possible build thread?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
So my focus just recently turned a year old for being in my owner ship and I feel she deserves a thread? possibly make it into a build thread with what I have going on haha.

So when I first got her all I could think of parts so naturally I went straight to an intake. I bought it from High Speed Performance in Pickering. Its a WPN-R Short Ram Intake system. It does the job.
[attachment=658]

After that I went to a shop to get an exhaust bent, I asked for a 2" straight back with a cherry bomb in the middle. After getting ripped off for price and not getting the size tubing I wanted this is what I ended up with.
[attachment=659]
[attachment=660]
[attachment=661]
Notice on the last picture its not even out where it should be? Won't ever go to Ajax Muffler again

along with that I ordered an ebay, upper front strut bar, I have a feeling its mainly for looks because its pretty flimsy, I can push down on it and it'll bend with my hand.
[attachment=662]

After this all happened I got more into the Focus meet scene. Didn't feel right going out with a bone stock focus for my first meet haha, after I went I found out everyone was a great group of people and I shouldn't have cared. So when I was there I ended up buying a Pacesetter Short header for Zetec from I believe FocusmanFocus, when I got these, before I installed I got some DEI Exhaust wrap, and wrapped the header, that plastic coolant line infront and the one line above the header.
[attachment=663]

after this, I found out about Plasti-dip 0.o haha had fun but only one plasti-dip mod stayed, I started off trying to do my rims and that just was a disaster, I also tried to do some time of a mudflap out of flexible cutting boards. (if you try this STAY AWAY from big chunks that your wheels will throw up haha, it shreds them)
[attachment=664]
[attachment=665]
this is a repost of a pic but oh well, these are the mud flaps I was talking about
[attachment=666]

All this was fine and all but just didn't feel right sitting in the car...so you know whats next Wink haha SPARCO! Loved the seat, it was a reclineable red Sparco R100 driver seat, which I purchased from High Speed Performance in Pickering as well and I ordered the Sparco seat base from Tool Tyme in Whitby. This as after Sparco took 5 months to ship one I originally ordered.
[attachment=667]
This is the seat which I sold to 2muchDUB4U then he bought the sister seat from the same store

this is jumping ahead a bit but before I sold that seat I already had a new pair lined up for driver passenger. Its a set of Sparco Sprint JRs that I bought used off kijiji yes they are a fixed back bucket. They are one of sparcos cheapest competition seat.
[attachment=668]
Yes the passenger seat does sit lower, I didn't feel like spending any more money with just being laid off so I decided to use some of the spare metal I had around to make a bracket for the passenger!

After all this I was on the Shannonville race track site and found out about an open track day! to my excitement I got the dates messed up, I went out on a sunday when the track day was on the Monday. BUT just my luck, there was a club out there that had rented the track for the night..little bit of talking and such I got onto the track. It was a great time, met new people... got passed by and evo8 and 240sx haha oh well.
[attachment=669]

After the first time tracking the car you find out what you need... So I bought an FSwerks rear stress bar. I absolutely love it one of my best investments. (sorry no pics) ordered with those was a set of their Spark plug wires, I matched those with a set of E3 plugs which I would recommend.. love them runs well
[attachment=670]

After all this I drove the car up to pretty much owen sound for the summer, I was up there because I'm a reservist and had to do some training, and couldn't stand being on base for weekends for the next 10 weekend. So I put on a few KM then came home to the FocusCanada, DaSilva Dyno day, where I put down better numbers than I was expecting with these mods
120 hp
119tq
[attachment=672]

then after this the car sat idle some more then in November or end of January I believe I bought an ST rear brake conversion from 05BlackZX5
[attachment=671]

ah one thing, before the buying of the brake system, at the dyno day I bought ZTWsquared's hood at the dyno day, which I have done some cutting and weight shedding, this will be my summer hood once i'm done and got it either painted or vinyl wrapped.
[attachment=673]
[attachment=674]

I also bought a new 2.25" stainless exhaust from a member here, theres no markings on the exhaust I remember the member saying he thought it was borla? who knows? I just know it sounds great
[attachment=675]
[attachment=676]
My girlfriend bought me some red poly mudflaps online for my birthday aswell, which went onto the car when I installed my winters
[attachment=677]
[attachment=678]

Somewhere in this mess I went to steeda and bought a STS which was for the 2002+, So i had to make another trip down there to buy the 2002-
new exhaust looks way better
as for the strut bar take it off and turn one of the ends in to "shorten" the reach and install it agian

and may i make a suggestion? the material on the fire wall, id remove it it'll make it look cleaner
after all this I went to Rally of the Tall pines in Bancroft ON, great time...always love loud rally machines flying threw a forest at high boost and speeds! While I was there I found some foci Big Grin haha, one was a US focus, never seen before the other two were from Juggernaut Motorsports, I'm not sure if they're on FC but I've seen their posts on Focaljet, and Focus Fanatics
[attachment=679]
[attachment=680]

So, on the way home from that weekend I just couldn't resist Rolleyes
[attachment=681]

anyways from here, in the beginning of January I've been on a big parts spending spree!!!I've recently ordered:

Massive UDP kit
[attachment=682]
[attachment=686]

Wings west Whale tail spoiler
[attachment=683]
From this I found out it covers your third brake light, Undecided oh well easy fix, Went to Walmart and bought some red LED strips that I'm going to splice into the third brake light power
[attachment=684]

Taylor Battery relocation kit
[attachment=685]

(01-17-2013, 07:15 AM)drunkinmonkey Wrote: [ -> ]new exhaust looks way better
as for the strut bar take it off and turn one of the ends in to "shorten" the reach and install it agian

and may i make a suggestion? the material on the fire wall, id remove it it'll make it look cleaner

Thanks, I may try that. and yeah I'll have to get out there when its warmer to try that( probably would be a better look )

I've also got a NAPA timing belt kit, so most likely the pulleys will be going on while I'm down there
[attachment=687]

What I also have on the way is a Zetec Wrinkle Red Valve cover
[attachment=688]

Esslinger Adjustable cam gears
[attachment=689]

OBX Fuel rail w/ adapter for nitrous or fuel pressure gauge
[attachment=690]
One pic from a Galaway Cavendish Forest Rally, one of the red Juggernaut Foci
[attachment=691]

as well as FC DaSilva Dyno day
[attachment=692]
[attachment=693]
Hmm i dont know why I havnt taken my back seat out nobody can fit back there. Massive really does a nice job on there pulleys.
i like what you have done. Come summer i will be posted to Kingston so i will def be trying to find the focus meets to go to. I going to Basic next weekend then i have SQ training then i go to Kingston for a few months. I look forward to finding out who is all out there to meet up .
(01-17-2013, 10:45 AM)incognito27 Wrote: [ -> ]i like what you have done. Come summer i will be posted to Kingston so i will def be trying to find the focus meets to go to. I going to Basic next weekend then i have SQ training then i go to Kingston for a few months. I look forward to finding out who is all out there to meet up .

nice, bmq's easy, SQ...a lot of people hate it...hate it threw the course but after theres a lot of memories
Yea i have a bit of a military background so i know what i am getting into. However i have no clue on SQ . but i do know depending on when SQ is happening i could be in Kingston first before SQ . But i look forward to it all anyway and more so to Focus meets i can go to
(01-17-2013, 10:34 AM)adamzx5 Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm i dont know why I havnt taken my back seat out nobody can fit back there. Massive really does a nice job on there pulleys.

haha all depends on how youre going for looks... personally I don't care. I love the look of race/rally cars thats why I tore them out. I put them back in for the winter for those "just in case situations" but depending on the spring/summer and if I get a half cage it'll be out and hopefully sold
looking really good man ! I've always liked the look of the whale tail spoiler. Do you have plans of tuning the car?
(01-18-2013, 04:02 AM)2000zx3sct Wrote: [ -> ]looking really good man ! I've always liked the look of the whale tail spoiler. Do you have plans of tuning the car?

by like internal mods?
Like sct tuning .
(01-18-2013, 11:16 AM)2000zx3sct Wrote: [ -> ]Like sct tuning .

I'm thinking about it, but I would prefer to just use someones who already has the devise than going out and buying one
You can't really use someone else's device because its loaded with there own tunes. I mean you could do it if there person wants to delete there tubes from the device
[attachment=697]Look what came in!
[attachment=696]
I have no idea why that picture appears lmao
(01-24-2013, 06:07 AM)drunkinmonkey Wrote: [ -> ]You can't really use someone else's device because its loaded with there own tunes. I mean you could do it if there person wants to delete there tubes from the device

fair enough, I did not know that haha.
Maybe one some more money comes in I'll buy one. I wanna bolt everything on and then on the FC dyno day this year see what everyone has to say
Its worth it plus it will grow ith future mods.
really annoying how that picture keeps appearing everytime i post
(01-24-2013, 06:12 AM)adamzx5 Wrote: [ -> ]Its worth it plus it will grow ith future mods.

well I'm going to wait and hope for a used one I guess, otherwise i won't be buying one till summer time ish
Pages: 1 2 3