FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Looking for Android App for color matching
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm not a color expert, but I know what I want to do but haven't found the right app or apps - at least I don't think I have; here's what I want to do.

I'd like to be able to take a pic of something, like paint in the can, and have the app identify the pantone or cmyk values.

Then I'd like the app to compare that value to one that I input, and tell me what I need to add to the color to match the input color.

Here's how I want to use it: I've decided to plasti dip my car and I want to do it in Ford Blue (Pantone 294c) with dual white stripes down the middle of the car.

Plasti Dip does makes a blue of course but it's not really close to 294c so I will have to modify the blue they have to match. But I would like to do it more accurately than just by eye looking at my small screen.

Suggestions?

[Image: pantone294c.jpg]
Well, the problem is that phones (and even digital SLRs) can't see color as accurately as we can. So you'd be better off going by eye.

Or better yet, see if plasti dip will mix a custom color to the Pantone of your choosing. Pantone (and RAL) exist for this exact reason.

Just remember, if you need to use more than one can, make sure you start mixing in your second can early so any color deviations are averaged out a little.
Isn't the Pantone colour more for the leather interior?