Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for Android App for color matching
I'm not a color expert, but I know what I want to do but haven't found the right app or apps - at least I don't think I have; here's what I want to do.

I'd like to be able to take a pic of something, like paint in the can, and have the app identify the pantone or cmyk values.

Then I'd like the app to compare that value to one that I input, and tell me what I need to add to the color to match the input color.

Here's how I want to use it: I've decided to plasti dip my car and I want to do it in Ford Blue (Pantone 294c) with dual white stripes down the middle of the car.

Plasti Dip does makes a blue of course but it's not really close to 294c so I will have to modify the blue they have to match. But I would like to do it more accurately than just by eye looking at my small screen.

Suggestions?

[Image: pantone294c.jpg]
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
this might help....

http://www.appszoom.com/android_applicat...fflfh.html
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
Well, the problem is that phones (and even digital SLRs) can't see color as accurately as we can. So you'd be better off going by eye.

Or better yet, see if plasti dip will mix a custom color to the Pantone of your choosing. Pantone (and RAL) exist for this exact reason.

Just remember, if you need to use more than one can, make sure you start mixing in your second can early so any color deviations are averaged out a little.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

Isn't the Pantone colour more for the leather interior?
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin