FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: WTB throttle cable
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hey guys i know this is going to be a tough one but i thought id give it a shot

im looking for the short throttle cable for the zetec (not sure if they are the same for all years)

i have the huge ass long throttle cable and its starting to fall apart.

so if anyone has one that would be awesome..

need ASAP
If you find a shorter cable let me know! I hate how lengthy the stock one is for the zetec...kinda ridiculous really lol
I'm going to Kenny u-pull in a bit ill try and grab 2
(04-06-2013, 10:33 PM)stupica1 Wrote: [ -> ]If you find a shorter cable let me know! I hate how lengthy the stock one is for the zetec...kinda ridiculous really lol

I think the primary concern is the type of connection at the throttle body - 2 distinct types for Zetec Foci.

FWIW - Ford still lists the 1s4z9a758pa for 00-03 Zetecs, and the 3s4z9a758be for 04.
Ill take a look when I get to the yard and confirm for you guys. If I have to modify it a titch I may have too. Their is about 15-20 focus's at this yard. I was their last weekend raiding them all lol
Went to the scrap yard and out of all the focus. I only found 1 short throttle cable that would fit y car. Total cost $4.99. Tonnes of spi and lots of Zetec with cruise control
what year of focus is using shorter throttle cable??
i see you have 2000 and i had/have 2 2000.
both of mine had/have long throttle cable..
will there be any issue putting shorter one??because shorter one looks a lot cleaner and organized.
im not sure what year i got it off but it ws suoer easy to swap out its the exact same cable just 10 feet shorter lol
yeah i gotta ask around..
i always hated long throttle cable rubbing against valve cover.
(04-09-2013, 11:40 AM)konafocuswrc Wrote: [ -> ]yeah i gotta ask around..
i always hated long throttle cable rubbing against valve cover.

yep mine was all chafed and falling apart and ugly as hell.. went to the junk yard and picked one up..gave it a quick clean and looks brand new

not bad for 4.99