Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WTB throttle cable
hey guys i know this is going to be a tough one but i thought id give it a shot

im looking for the short throttle cable for the zetec (not sure if they are the same for all years)

i have the huge ass long throttle cable and its starting to fall apart.

so if anyone has one that would be awesome..

need ASAP
2000 dark violet pearl zx3: eagle rods, je pistons, fidanza cam gears, arp studs, ford racing highlift valve springs, svt front/rear disc conversion, prothane total kit, fc 65mm throttle body Tial gt3071r, tial mvs wastegate, tial Q bov, top speed "street" manifold,down pipe and dump tube, greddy boost controller, siemens deka #61 injectorz, stage 4 bully clutch way to much more to list
Instagram @o_so_slo
If you find a shorter cable let me know! I hate how lengthy the stock one is for the zetec...kinda ridiculous really lol
05 focus se SLAMMED! 5 speed tranny swap with exedy stage 3 hypersingle clutch, raceland coils, MBRP exhaust, FSWERKS stage 2 turbo kit. Massive adjusting camber, toe arms. Steeda's HUGE rear sway bar with upgraded links. Roll bar in the back no backseats. no radio and tons of gauges!

...because RACECAR! haha
I'm going to Kenny u-pull in a bit ill try and grab 2
2000 dark violet pearl zx3: eagle rods, je pistons, fidanza cam gears, arp studs, ford racing highlift valve springs, svt front/rear disc conversion, prothane total kit, fc 65mm throttle body Tial gt3071r, tial mvs wastegate, tial Q bov, top speed "street" manifold,down pipe and dump tube, greddy boost controller, siemens deka #61 injectorz, stage 4 bully clutch way to much more to list
Instagram @o_so_slo
(04-06-2013, 10:33 PM)stupica1 Wrote: If you find a shorter cable let me know! I hate how lengthy the stock one is for the zetec...kinda ridiculous really lol

I think the primary concern is the type of connection at the throttle body - 2 distinct types for Zetec Foci.

FWIW - Ford still lists the 1s4z9a758pa for 00-03 Zetecs, and the 3s4z9a758be for 04.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
Ill take a look when I get to the yard and confirm for you guys. If I have to modify it a titch I may have too. Their is about 15-20 focus's at this yard. I was their last weekend raiding them all lol
Instagram @o_so_slo
Went to the scrap yard and out of all the focus. I only found 1 short throttle cable that would fit y car. Total cost $4.99. Tonnes of spi and lots of Zetec with cruise control
Instagram @o_so_slo
what year of focus is using shorter throttle cable??
i see you have 2000 and i had/have 2 2000.
both of mine had/have long throttle cable..
will there be any issue putting shorter one??because shorter one looks a lot cleaner and organized.
BLACKBOX(DASHCAM) | LED | HID | REMOTE STARTER + SECURITY | 12 VOLT ACCESSORIES | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | PERFORMANCE UPGRADE | MAINTENANCE REPAIR
[Image: banner_468x60_zps1c433cb9.gif]
info@motormaniac.ca | 905.508.3737
If you are calling after hours, please leave a pm or detailed voice mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
im not sure what year i got it off but it ws suoer easy to swap out its the exact same cable just 10 feet shorter lol
Instagram @o_so_slo
yeah i gotta ask around..
i always hated long throttle cable rubbing against valve cover.
BLACKBOX(DASHCAM) | LED | HID | REMOTE STARTER + SECURITY | 12 VOLT ACCESSORIES | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | PERFORMANCE UPGRADE | MAINTENANCE REPAIR
[Image: banner_468x60_zps1c433cb9.gif]
info@motormaniac.ca | 905.508.3737
If you are calling after hours, please leave a pm or detailed voice mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
(04-09-2013, 11:40 AM)konafocuswrc Wrote: yeah i gotta ask around..
i always hated long throttle cable rubbing against valve cover.

yep mine was all chafed and falling apart and ugly as hell.. went to the junk yard and picked one up..gave it a quick clean and looks brand new

not bad for 4.99
Instagram @o_so_slo

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wtb: Throttle Cable Black_ZTS 2 1,276 07-15-2006, 05:24 AM
Last Post: Black_ZTS