FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Brake Master Cylinder Help!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I recently bought a new master cylinder to replace my old beaten up one with over 350 000kms on it. I did notice that the one I had purchased (no ABS) does not have those two extra things poking out of the one side, Can anyone help me with this one!

Im not sure if theyre important or I can purchase new ones to put on. Or if I can just leave them out all together. Also, I am changing my drum brakes over to disks.

(Image below, old on right. new on left)

[Image: 20130601_154443_zps33f42406.jpg]
mine had the same thing i think they are extensions. or they chould even change the flow rate of the fluid..not sure lol. but i reused mine
those I believe are proportioning valves
So probably best to keep them eh. They only come on focuses without abs. I found some info on them but not very much at all.
quick update!

Finally tracked down exactly what these are, theyre called "Pressure conscious reducing valves".
They're the focus version of the proportioning valves to control the brake fluid pressure to the rear brakes.
For anyone who may be doing a master cylinder in the near future and want new ones the part number is 6S4Z-2L410-AA. That took a long time to find...ford themselves were no help whatsoever in finding these lovely parts haha. theyre about $40 also FIY.