Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brake Master Cylinder Help!
I recently bought a new master cylinder to replace my old beaten up one with over 350 000kms on it. I did notice that the one I had purchased (no ABS) does not have those two extra things poking out of the one side, Can anyone help me with this one!

Im not sure if theyre important or I can purchase new ones to put on. Or if I can just leave them out all together. Also, I am changing my drum brakes over to disks.

(Image below, old on right. new on left)

[Image: 20130601_154443_zps33f42406.jpg]
05 focus se SLAMMED! 5 speed tranny swap with exedy stage 3 hypersingle clutch, raceland coils, MBRP exhaust, FSWERKS stage 2 turbo kit. Massive adjusting camber, toe arms. Steeda's HUGE rear sway bar with upgraded links. Roll bar in the back no backseats. no radio and tons of gauges!

...because RACECAR! haha
mine had the same thing i think they are extensions. or they chould even change the flow rate of the fluid..not sure lol. but i reused mine
2000 dark violet pearl zx3: eagle rods, je pistons, fidanza cam gears, arp studs, ford racing highlift valve springs, svt front/rear disc conversion, prothane total kit, fc 65mm throttle body Tial gt3071r, tial mvs wastegate, tial Q bov, top speed "street" manifold,down pipe and dump tube, greddy boost controller, siemens deka #61 injectorz, stage 4 bully clutch way to much more to list
Instagram @o_so_slo
those I believe are proportioning valves
'01 Black Focus ZX3
Custom FI Built 2.2L Zetec // CM Clutch and Lightweight Flywheel // X3 Tune FSWERKS// Ford SVT Brake Kit F&R// KW Springs // KYB AGX Shocks // 22 & 25mm Eibach Sway Set // 2000 Ported IM // FC TB // SVT Header // 3" Custom Header-back Exhaust //many more mods to come...
So probably best to keep them eh. They only come on focuses without abs. I found some info on them but not very much at all.
05 focus se SLAMMED! 5 speed tranny swap with exedy stage 3 hypersingle clutch, raceland coils, MBRP exhaust, FSWERKS stage 2 turbo kit. Massive adjusting camber, toe arms. Steeda's HUGE rear sway bar with upgraded links. Roll bar in the back no backseats. no radio and tons of gauges!

...because RACECAR! haha
quick update!

Finally tracked down exactly what these are, theyre called "Pressure conscious reducing valves".
They're the focus version of the proportioning valves to control the brake fluid pressure to the rear brakes.
For anyone who may be doing a master cylinder in the near future and want new ones the part number is 6S4Z-2L410-AA. That took a long time to find...ford themselves were no help whatsoever in finding these lovely parts haha. theyre about $40 also FIY.

...because RACECAR! haha

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Svt Clutch Master Cylinder sonic_mikey 7 2,898 04-05-2010, 12:13 AM
Last Post: sonic_mikey
  Clutch Master Cylinder Empty? NikiterZTS 13 3,555 02-12-2009, 12:19 AM
Last Post: meford4u
  Master Cylinder Leak Sundown 7 2,257 11-01-2005, 12:26 AM
Last Post: ANTHONYD