FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: New Build!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Hey again everyone, I recently parted out my previous project focus. stripped it completely and only kept the suspension parts that were brand new. Here's a recap of my previous build...

2001 ford focus se.

[Image: 20130923_185630_zps7e4ad564.jpg]
[Image: 20130806_170157_zpse99ae374.jpg]

Sad to see it gone now but the body was rotted out too much for my liking. So rather than sinking more and more time and money into it I found myself a new project! woohoo!

I recently purchased a 2005 ford focus zx4 from another member on fc. Only has 86 000 miles on it (yes miles not kms). Air intake included and 2.5" exhaust. A pretty nice setup to start! Only downside is that it's an auto...but on the plus side i bought a 5 speed tranny to swap out so everything's okay again! haha

[Image: 20131119_192402_zpsshgycvnd.jpg]

[Image: 20131117_164438_zpszjooq5hm.jpg]

[Image: 20131119_192516_zpslel0ylny.jpg]

Now the fun begins, since purchasing the car i've already accumulated several parts and goodies to make this an awesome whip. first off the parts kept from my previous build...

Raceland Coilovers
[Image: 20130920_180103_zpsd7b54097.jpg]

Massive toe and camber arms
[Image: 20130915_132120_zps144493c0.jpg]

and of coarse my painted gold sparco rims
[Image: 20130825_200636_zps66d5468f.jpg]
very nice.
Just before the new years I ran down to Pittsburgh with GFXjamie and picked up...well...a whole car minus the shell basically haha it was great fun and brought home lots of goodies for not only me and jamie, but other members too.

What i picked up from the 'murica is the following...

Cosworth intake manifold
[Image: 20140102_220236_zps62bqdjao.jpg]

Carbon fiber trunk
[Image: 20140102_210823_zpsknzfr9qa.jpg]

Black ST interior (includes dash, door panels, and all the other fun snap on interior bits)
Also picked up the double din head unit, Wink mirror (best mirror ever), ST smoothed and foldable mirrors, a rear vf series dogbone mount, and SAP rear bumper.

[Image: 20140120_191538_zpsh2dlaelp.jpg]

I also grabbed GFXjamies old racing seats to replace my old ratty ones. They work awesome with the black and silver theme I've got going on so far with the interior.
[Image: 20140107_005946_zpsdeuo1wtb.jpg]

I also have rear ST disk brakes to install but i am currently awaiting new rear spindles from ken because mine are complete shot.

The best part of this build is the FSWERKS turbo kit bought from a buddy out in the states. has the gt28r (base model) turbo. used only 2 months and about 1500miles (I got one hell of an amazing deal on this).

[Image: IMG_73124409303497_zpsqztwgkwl.jpeg]
Wow man, that is a LOT of parts for that car already!
Yeah I wanted this build to go a lot quicker than my old one did. So far so good haha just excited to have a focus done and ready to go this summer. Try to hit up some shows or at least meets haha. Didn't goto a single meet last year Sad
Awesome Buddy. I can't wait to see it on the road. Let me know if you need any help.
Good start buddy. Going to need you to give me a hand pulling my air bag like we did on the black car lol. Seats look good in there. Get those rear brakes going and get that thing on the road until you get the 5 speed swap going.
Yeah ill come down and give you a hand for sure. That air bags a real pain in the ass as you remember from wobbs haha. And I'm waiting for new spindles from Ken for my rear disc setup
Another boosted Focus, I love it. What are you going to do with the front end? 1st gen Swap? Would be nice to see it out at some meets this year especially our Dyno Day Wink
awesome build so far man. looks like a really clean slate for you. pretty stoked to see this
No 1st gen swap. Lol but I do want to get a fswerks front lip for it. Hard to find though. And this year I'm hoping to make it out to as many meets as I can. Once the cars on the road which should be any week now. Have to start pricing out insurance too.
That lip is a very hard find.
And if I could just get an sap front I would have one for sale...
Facebook sale page for focus parts I seen one on there not long ago. But it was on some ebay thing. I'll see if I can find it again.
Why dont you take Jamies and get it molded at a local fiberglass place? Urethane would be expensive but at least you would have it right. Maybe get 2 done?
I'd get like 10 done haha keep 2 (you know. One for just in case lol) and sell a bunch. I'm sure there's people who still want them.
Im sure if you took it somewhere they could do it for cheap. Worth it imo.
Got to find somewhere willing to do 10 and not 100. That's the only trouble but give it a shot. Mine needs some minor repair done to the bottom from when john had it wayy back.
Ya I smoked a dirt mound in the middle of a parking lot when I was checking out some tail... Sorry lol
Always chasing... Maybe we will find you a nice girl at the gas station again in Carlisle lol
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8