FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Anyone buy from Max Auto Part on Ebay?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey Guys, I'm looking for pads and rotors for my 01 Focus. When I was looking on Ebay I cam across Max Auto Part from Richmond hill. Has anyone bought from them before? They have some pretty good deals. But im open to other options. Hopefully under $100

Ebay Link
(02-27-2014, 04:32 AM)ZX3_2NV Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Guys, I'm looking for pads and rotors for my 01 Focus. When I was looking on Ebay I cam across Max Auto Part from Richmond hill. Has anyone bought from them before? They have some pretty good deals. But im open to other options. Hopefully under $100

I've never purchased from them before - but I hope you don't mind if I give you my 2 cent opinion anyway.

Through long-time personal experience and with advice from numerous owners of race cars, my strategy on brakes now is to purchase the cheapest rotors I can find and the best pads I can afford.

Even the cheapest rotors will outlast the pads and IMO you should always replace pads and rotors as a set - and I believe most people today do. The pad represents the vast majority of the friction performance of the brakes. My concern with this ebay offer is the unknown quality of the pads.

If the coating and slots and dimples appeal to your aesthetic value then they are probably worth it; but in terms of performance these rotors won't perform any better than a rotor that could cost you as little as $25.

Dru ... just my .02
I'm totally open to suggestions. Do you have any deals on brakes Ken? IIRC I had EBC greenstuff pads on my turbo focus and really liked them. But for my DD I don't think i need to go performance as long as it works.
Greenstuff is great because they warm up quickly enough for the street and provide enough performance for light track duty - it's what I run on my SVT brakes year round including track weekends.

Yes - still have deals on brakes, although the lousy exchange has bit into the savings - I'll pm you some choices if you'd like - is it stock fronts you have - maybe this is the right time to consider an SVT upgrade.

(02-27-2014, 05:48 AM)ZX3_2NV Wrote: [ -> ]I'm totally open to suggestions. Do you have any deals on brakes Ken? IIRC I had EBC greenstuff pads on my turbo focus and really liked them. But for my DD I don't think i need to go performance as long as it works.
Agree with ken on pads and rotors. I have started doing the same with getting cheap rotors and solid pads for the reason they will wear out similar time and yield same performance. Next rotors will be blanks for me.

Agree with ken on pads and rotors. I have started doing the same with getting cheap rotors and solid pads for the reason they will wear out similar time and yield same performance. Next rotors will be blanks for me.
Nah don't need SVT's on the DD I had the chance with the SVT I parted, but I decided I liked money better. lol It would be great if you can send me some options Ken. Thanks
Called there hot line and the guy was really nice, Gave me a great deal only $5 bucks extra for cross drilled slotted rotors. I bought two sets of pads and everything came out to $133 Tax in and shipped to my door. I bought the MAX Ceramic Pads good for about 50 KM
How are those rotors and pads working out?

I'm tempted to go with zinc plated rotors from these guys to replace my rusty rotors.