Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone buy from Max Auto Part on Ebay?
Hey Guys, I'm looking for pads and rotors for my 01 Focus. When I was looking on Ebay I cam across Max Auto Part from Richmond hill. Has anyone bought from them before? They have some pretty good deals. But im open to other options. Hopefully under $100

Ebay Link
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 - Daily Driver
2008 Lincoln MKX Limited Edition - Grocery Getter
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600 - Rode and Sold
2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade - Offroaded and Sold
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X - R.I.P. Electrical Fire
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 - Traded in Now DrunkinMonkeys Car
2003 Ford Taurus Wagon - Inherited Drove and Sold
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 Turbo - Award Winning 336 WHP - Parted and Scraped
1990 Ford Festiva - My 1st Car

[Image: ZX3PixelCarEngineVIEW.png]
(02-27-2014, 04:32 AM)ZX3_2NV Wrote: Hey Guys, I'm looking for pads and rotors for my 01 Focus. When I was looking on Ebay I cam across Max Auto Part from Richmond hill. Has anyone bought from them before? They have some pretty good deals. But im open to other options. Hopefully under $100

I've never purchased from them before - but I hope you don't mind if I give you my 2 cent opinion anyway.

Through long-time personal experience and with advice from numerous owners of race cars, my strategy on brakes now is to purchase the cheapest rotors I can find and the best pads I can afford.

Even the cheapest rotors will outlast the pads and IMO you should always replace pads and rotors as a set - and I believe most people today do. The pad represents the vast majority of the friction performance of the brakes. My concern with this ebay offer is the unknown quality of the pads.

If the coating and slots and dimples appeal to your aesthetic value then they are probably worth it; but in terms of performance these rotors won't perform any better than a rotor that could cost you as little as $25.

Dru ... just my .02
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
I'm totally open to suggestions. Do you have any deals on brakes Ken? IIRC I had EBC greenstuff pads on my turbo focus and really liked them. But for my DD I don't think i need to go performance as long as it works.
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

Greenstuff is great because they warm up quickly enough for the street and provide enough performance for light track duty - it's what I run on my SVT brakes year round including track weekends.

Yes - still have deals on brakes, although the lousy exchange has bit into the savings - I'll pm you some choices if you'd like - is it stock fronts you have - maybe this is the right time to consider an SVT upgrade.

(02-27-2014, 05:48 AM)ZX3_2NV Wrote: I'm totally open to suggestions. Do you have any deals on brakes Ken? IIRC I had EBC greenstuff pads on my turbo focus and really liked them. But for my DD I don't think i need to go performance as long as it works.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
Agree with ken on pads and rotors. I have started doing the same with getting cheap rotors and solid pads for the reason they will wear out similar time and yield same performance. Next rotors will be blanks for me.

Agree with ken on pads and rotors. I have started doing the same with getting cheap rotors and solid pads for the reason they will wear out similar time and yield same performance. Next rotors will be blanks for me.
2007 ZX4 2.0l unaturally aspirated
FSwerks stage 2 Turbo kit, Cosworth Intake Manifold, 3" custom HKS turbo back
regular stage 2 @10ps : 232whp/219wtq
stage 2 plus @ 13psi: 278whp/229wtq
Stage 2 plus @15psi: 296whp/240wtq

2013 Focus ST Tuxedo Black - The daily
Nah don't need SVT's on the DD I had the chance with the SVT I parted, but I decided I liked money better. lol It would be great if you can send me some options Ken. Thanks
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

Called there hot line and the guy was really nice, Gave me a great deal only $5 bucks extra for cross drilled slotted rotors. I bought two sets of pads and everything came out to $133 Tax in and shipped to my door. I bought the MAX Ceramic Pads good for about 50 KM
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

How are those rotors and pads working out?

I'm tempted to go with zinc plated rotors from these guys to replace my rusty rotors.
Black '08 SES ATX w/ Leather & Sun + Extras