FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Passenger Airbag Light
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone, my question is I switched out my stock seats for after market seats, so the passenger airbag light has been on ever since, which means it wont pass a safety, does anyone know how to make it so the passenger airbag will always be on like the driver's? or does anyone know where in a stock seat the sensor is? if so I could go to the wreckers & take out the sensor & have someone I know put it into the after market seat so it pretty much be plug & play, I just don't know if there is a easier way to get that working, and if so I have to go to the wrecker's where is it located on the seat?

My focus is a 07 so does this also mean I'd have to find a 07 for the sensor?
The sensor is located in the dead middle about 3-4 inches from the back of the seat on the base portion of the seat.
I have leather seats in my car and I hope you don't have the same problem that I have with your after market ones. When girls that wear thongs or no underwear sit in the car, the light will appear on when driving. The sensor is in a stupid position. Maybe putting it off to one of the ass cheeks will get a better reading of a person's weight so the car knows to deploy the air bag.
Good luck.
Thanks, but what i was also thinking, does anyone know the Power output for that connector because I could put a resister in and it would activate the airbag again.
Not sure. I haven't taken my seats out ever lol

02ztsian

Do you still have the stock seatbelts?
Yes I do
Weird when I swapped svt seats in my old zx3 the kid that bought it from me had no problem getting safety with airbag light on . Maybe the place didn't catch it lol .
(05-25-2014, 01:03 AM)Scorcher000 Wrote: [ -> ]blah blah blah ... When girls that wear thongs or no underwear sit in the car, the light will appear on when driving. more irrelevant stuff

Well there's a conversation starter if I ever saw one! How did you figure this out Johnnie??
Lol, some times when girls want to go out to a club they get hot dancing. So mini dresses and bare bums triggers my sensor to malfunction lol
Shouldn't be a safety issue as airbag systems are not part of a safety check but rather road worthiness. If you remove all wiring from stock seat and install into car it will turn it off
I just got back from the scrap yard with my buddy, we got the whole unit for the seat including all the wiring for the seat belt, Ford wanted to charge me $2300 dollars for this unit i got it for $8.50 so we will see how this fits and goes Big Grin
Did you grab the entire bladder from the passenger seat?
That is what lets the airbag no when to turn off or on by the weight of the occupant.

Looks sort of like this.
[Image: seat%20bladder2.JPG]
Yes we did , it actually wasn't all that hard to get out
Did you grab the entire bladder from the passenger seat?
That is what lets the airbag no when to turn off or on by the weight of the occupant.

Looks sort of like this.
[Image: seat%20bladder2.JPG]
[/quote]

Yes
Yea we got the whole unit there was nothing left but the frame when we were done with it Big Grin