Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Passenger Airbag Light
Hello everyone, my question is I switched out my stock seats for after market seats, so the passenger airbag light has been on ever since, which means it wont pass a safety, does anyone know how to make it so the passenger airbag will always be on like the driver's? or does anyone know where in a stock seat the sensor is? if so I could go to the wreckers & take out the sensor & have someone I know put it into the after market seat so it pretty much be plug & play, I just don't know if there is a easier way to get that working, and if so I have to go to the wrecker's where is it located on the seat?

My focus is a 07 so does this also mean I'd have to find a 07 for the sensor?
The sensor is located in the dead middle about 3-4 inches from the back of the seat on the base portion of the seat.
I have leather seats in my car and I hope you don't have the same problem that I have with your after market ones. When girls that wear thongs or no underwear sit in the car, the light will appear on when driving. The sensor is in a stupid position. Maybe putting it off to one of the ass cheeks will get a better reading of a person's weight so the car knows to deploy the air bag.
Good luck.
Currently - 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4X4 Work Truck. Needs a Super Charger
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified
Sold - 1992 Astro Van CS Sky Blue Stock
Sold - 1994 Excel 2DR HB Teal First Car

Thanks, but what i was also thinking, does anyone know the Power output for that connector because I could put a resister in and it would activate the airbag again.
Not sure. I haven't taken my seats out ever lol
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified

Do you still have the stock seatbelts?
Yes I do
Weird when I swapped svt seats in my old zx3 the kid that bought it from me had no problem getting safety with airbag light on . Maybe the place didn't catch it lol .
2002 SVT Focus
Procharger @ 10psi , Clutch Masters Stage 3 Clutch,Stainless Borla Exhaust, Ebc dimpled + slotted rotors and brakes ,Russel Stainless brake lines , Koni adjustable shocks ,Eibach Sportline Springs , CFM short throw shifter , Euro Grill , CFM 65mm tb , Mach Headlights , MSD Coil ,SCT Dyno tune @ steeda , Volant Intake .  
-2003 SVT Wagon - Euro Conversion , currently retired
Svt side skirts , st170 front bumper , mach headlights , spax rear adj shocks , focus sport rear springs , volant CAI , Roof rack delete , Street edition Spoiler , MBRP exhaust , Eibach front swaybar , shorty shifter and lots more to come!                             .
2011 SES - daily driver will be modded soon .                                                                                                                                                        
(05-25-2014, 01:03 AM)Scorcher000 Wrote: blah blah blah ... When girls that wear thongs or no underwear sit in the car, the light will appear on when driving. more irrelevant stuff

Well there's a conversation starter if I ever saw one! How did you figure this out Johnnie??
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
Lol, some times when girls want to go out to a club they get hot dancing. So mini dresses and bare bums triggers my sensor to malfunction lol

Shouldn't be a safety issue as airbag systems are not part of a safety check but rather road worthiness. If you remove all wiring from stock seat and install into car it will turn it off
2007 ZX4 2.0l unaturally aspirated
FSwerks stage 2 Turbo kit, Cosworth Intake Manifold, 3" custom HKS turbo back
regular stage 2 @10ps : 232whp/219wtq
stage 2 plus @ 13psi: 278whp/229wtq
Stage 2 plus @15psi: 296whp/240wtq

2013 Focus ST Tuxedo Black - The daily
I just got back from the scrap yard with my buddy, we got the whole unit for the seat including all the wiring for the seat belt, Ford wanted to charge me $2300 dollars for this unit i got it for $8.50 so we will see how this fits and goes Big Grin
Did you grab the entire bladder from the passenger seat?
That is what lets the airbag no when to turn off or on by the weight of the occupant.

Looks sort of like this.
[Image: seat%20bladder2.JPG]
Yes we did , it actually wasn't all that hard to get out
Did you grab the entire bladder from the passenger seat?
That is what lets the airbag no when to turn off or on by the weight of the occupant.

Looks sort of like this.
[Image: seat%20bladder2.JPG]
[/quote]

Yes
2002 SVT Focus
Procharger @ 10psi , Clutch Masters Stage 3 Clutch,Stainless Borla Exhaust, Ebc dimpled + slotted rotors and brakes ,Russel Stainless brake lines , Koni adjustable shocks ,Eibach Sportline Springs , CFM short throw shifter , Euro Grill , CFM 65mm tb , Mach Headlights , MSD Coil ,SCT Dyno tune @ steeda , Volant Intake .  
-2003 SVT Wagon - Euro Conversion , currently retired
Svt side skirts , st170 front bumper , mach headlights , spax rear adj shocks , focus sport rear springs , volant CAI , Roof rack delete , Street edition Spoiler , MBRP exhaust , Eibach front swaybar , shorty shifter and lots more to come!                             .
2011 SES - daily driver will be modded soon .                                                                                                                                                        
Yea we got the whole unit there was nothing left but the frame when we were done with it Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airbag Light On ErnessW 2 1,469 12-28-2013, 08:55 AM
Last Post: sonic_mikey
  Passenger Side Head Light. Focus Is Art 5 2,217 05-11-2007, 07:38 AM
Last Post: Flofocus
  Airbag Light Mason 10 2,763 01-29-2007, 02:40 PM
Last Post: Mason