FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Ordered An '09 Escape!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Woohoo!

So i ordered an '09 Escape. AWD v6, Black...and I went with the Sport appearance package.... black grille, and black wheels w/polished lip, and gloss black and chrome interior bits, black interior seats/trim and headliner. Colour options for the Sport Package were Silver, Black or Red.

Also went with the moonroof, Sync, tow package, and remote start.

Should have it by late January early Feb.

Now I need a couple things....

TRAILER: Anyone have hookups for enclosed trailers? (5x10 roughly)

AUDIO: I was going to go with the Audiophile system - 7 speakers (sub inc)instead of 4 (no sub) I compared the 2 system with escapes on the lot.. and honestly not a big difference at all ...not worth the extra coin anyhow.

So I'm wondering... I'm willing to bet the head units are the same in both setups... what are the chances of there being a "sub out" on the back of it? I was thinking I would just get my own sub/amp ...and it would be hella cheaper! The stock radio sounds GREAT to begin with ...just needs more low end... and the 8" sub that comes with the Audiophile setup just didn't have much kick. Would it be a PITA to put my own sub in?

I haven't bothered with additional audio gear with my 08 (seeing as we have the same headunit I assume). The headunit will be great as long as you put some sort of signal processor in there first before hooking up to an amp - normalize the input levels, clean it up a bit, run either high-draw RCAs or go fully digital out, etc.

I skipped on one with the moonroof cause I'm 6'3" and without it I have a very decent amount of headroom. With it, I found it was almost as bad as the RX-8 (worst car for tall guys - ever).

What's the basic trim package similar to? It sounds as though it's actually similar to the Limited (piano black and chrome bits).

The only thing I'm semi-sad about not having is the 6-speed auto. Given the amount of snort available with the 200HP V6... 240 would be nice but meh.

Sync I've seen and played with - let us know what you think about it. I think Nef has it in his Fusion as well.

LOL - I just went to the Ford.ca site and saw that they brought back the stick-shift transmission! :D It really makes me think most of the 2008 MY for Ford was cursed in terms of features and options. I love my truck, but a lot of guys are really pissed that they got screwed over.

EDIT - A Limted AWD 4-cyl? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Ford is rapidly approaching Mazda levels of "nothing's sacred anymore". :iono:

And checking that pricing... why the hell would someone go with 4WD and a 4-cyl for the Limited? Why not just get a Hybrid at that point?

Oh, and I hope you didn't pay the website sticker amount man... that s*** is highway robbery.
I Work at a Ford Dealer in Milton. So no I didn't pay sticker! lol.

I've used sync several times in various vehicles, and I just bought an iPod Touch ...Can't wait to use it!

Funny... I'm also 6'3" ....no issues for me w/moonroof. Everybody is different though.

the stick is nly available on 4cyl models.... We had a sold unit here... it was cool.

Driving both the 08 and 09 V6 ..what a huge difference! One of the reasons I didn't pop for an 08. ..and the economy is better too! The tranny is the key to it all

With 40 more HP and 2 extra cogs, I hope to hell it's better than mine! :lol:

Yeah historically the stick has only ever been available on the 4-cyls with FWD if memory serves.

I still had room, but I love having that much more room with no moonroof. The RX-8 kinda traumatized me I guess...

So it's a XLT with the Sport package? Nice! Throw some 16s on there with mud-terrains or somesuch and you'd be surprised what it'll crawl over, and through :lol: :lol:

Focused,Dec 9 2008, 12:52 PM Wrote:I Work at a Ford Dealer in Milton.  So no I didn't pay sticker! lol.

I've used sync several times in various vehicles, and I just bought an iPod Touch ...Can't wait to use it! 
[right][snapback]277917[/snapback][/right]

I'm sure you know this, but make sure that the SYNC is at least v 1.1 (I'm not sure if the '09 MY Escape can be upgraded to the new 2.0 SYNC, but save yourself the hassle of having to do the upgrade from 1.0 to 1.1)

NefCanuck
Thanks for the heads up...

but yea... any vehicle built starting ~12/18/08 is Sync v2 ... 911 assist being the major portion of the upgrade

NefCanuck,Dec 9 2008, 03:50 PM Wrote:
Focused,Dec 9 2008, 12:52 PM Wrote:I Work at a Ford Dealer in Milton.  So no I didn't pay sticker! lol.

[right][snapback]277917[/snapback][/right]

I'm sure you know this, but make sure that the SYNC is at least v 1.1 (I'm not sure if the '09 MY Escape can be upgraded to the new 2.0 SYNC, but save yourself the hassle of having to do the upgrade from 1.0 to 1.1)

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]277920[/snapback][/right]
What, you are not getting the hybrid edition? According to all the media and automotive naysayers, EVERYBODY only wants hybrids!

Glad to hear you're getting a new Ford :)
yea ...can't tow with the Hybrid.

we've sold a few actually. They are hard to come by right now actually

PS: anyone wanna buy a Safari van? lol
As for the aftermarket subs...there is a few companies out there making enclosures to fit the stock location and fit 10's. At least for my vintage 'scape!!
SO I got my truck a couple weeks ago!

Just getting around now to posting it.

Lovin' it so far!! I pull a 6x10 enclosed cargo trailer with it on weekends...hauls ass.

I ordered:

2009 Escape v6 AWD - Black on black
- sport appearance pkg (black grille, 17" black wheels, spoiler, piano black interior bits, chrome interior bits, painted mirrors, door handles, and rockers, blacked out headlamps)
- Sync
- moonroof
- tow pkg
- remote start

Then I tinted the front windows to match the back, and installed the Sub that I use in my golf during the summer.

here's pics (lifted from someone else...not my eact one)

[Image: DSC_1015.jpg]
[Image: DSC_1011.jpg]
[Image: DSC_1010.jpg]
[Image: DSC_1013.jpg]
[Image: DSC_1019.jpg]
Nice looking truck. I didn't even know there was a sport package avaiable for the Escape. Might be challenge to keep clean, but it'll look hawt when it is!
I have the exact same interior, except with black leather. Piano black / chromed interior FTW! Oh, and I'm pretty sure my steering wheel is black.

Nice truck!

Puppet, any chance of an "everything else Ford" section? :P

BTW I'm only half joking.
NOS2Go4Me,Feb 26 2009, 01:41 PM Wrote:I have the exact same interior, except with black leather. Piano black / chromed interior FTW! Oh, and I'm pretty sure my steering wheel is black.

Nice truck!

Puppet, any chance of an "everything else Ford" section? :P

BTW I'm only half joking.
[right][snapback]281737[/snapback][/right]

the whole dash + steering wheel is actually black, it's not showing well in these pics though

yes piano black FTW - i wouldn't have had it any way else.
Awesome looking truck!
My girlfriend has an 08 and absolutely loves it.
Escape is one of the best vehicles to ever come out of Ford.
This thing looks bad ass
Really nice!! Like the Black rims.
Great looking Escape there buddy.
My cousin that has an 07 ST like me ordered an '09 Escape XLT.
He is tradding in the ST. So if anyone is looking for an '07 ST, let me know.
I like the truck but I think it needs beefier tires to set it off just right
How did you hook up the sub, bud? I assume you have the same headunit I do? (6-disc MP3-capable with integrated Sirius and aux jack)
NOS2Go4Me,Feb 27 2009, 08:55 AM Wrote:How did you hook up the sub, bud? I assume you have the same headunit I do? (6-disc MP3-capable with integrated Sirius and aux jack)
[right][snapback]281800[/snapback][/right]

actually i didn't bother blowing money on a 6 disc since i'm all mp3 ...

I have the single disc mp3 aux jack and sync usb port +sirius.

I had our local stereo guy install it. he put a hi-lo converter on the line and ran everything for me.

1 10" in a bandpass box ...sounds incredible
Pages: 1 2