FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Free Air Or No Free Air?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So i just went to my local Petro Canada gas station where i always fill up and i went to pump in air in the tires in those FREE machines they had (u just take the cord and put it in ur tires and it starts pumping air for u) BUT THEY CHANGED IT BACK TO THE OLD MACHINE where you have to put in $1 now for air.

WTF

is this province wide or are there still some gas stations out there that have the free air machines? Where is it located?
I found out the same thing as you... Sometimes they are $0.25 or $0.50 but still.

There is a free machine at Bathurst/Finch - Shell Gas Station
Duffering / Finch a bit south on dufferin where Canadian Tire gas station is...

I don't know if it is going to be worth a drive for you.
cornflakes,Dec 7 2008, 06:14 PM Wrote:So i just went to my local Petro Canada gas station where i always fill up and i went to pump in air in the tires in those FREE machines they had (u just take the cord and put it in ur tires and it starts pumping air for u) BUT THEY CHANGED IT BACK TO THE OLD MACHINE where you have to put in $1 now for air.

WTF

is this province wide or are there still some gas stations out there that have the free air machines?  Where is it located?
[right][snapback]277799[/snapback][/right]
Yup - same here in Brampton ... I really liked the old one ... punch in the pressure and pump away ... too bad for them, last time I went there I tried to check my pressure first - ended up getting gas somewhere else.
AFAIK most Shell stations in the GTA are still offering free air...

Doesn't that sound weird? "Free Air")

NefCanuck
The way I see it if you need air doesn't matter how much it costs. You still need air.
the place i always went to was a Petro Canada near Yonge and 401. The Esso stations always had a fee for air. Not sure what the reason is behind it.....as if they weren't making enough money on GOUGING GAS PRICES now they gotta charge $1 for air?

The cost of those compressors (that deliver air without a fee) pay themselves off fairly fast in terms of happy customers that keep returning.

It used to be, years ago, that the "pay" air stations donated their cash to a local-to-the-station charity. Nowadays, it's likely just extra coffee money for the proprietor.

OTOH, if you find out the cash is indeed going to charity, it might be worthwhile to pitch in. At the same time, you might be getting sold a line by a money-hungry moron. Caveat Emptor.
lots of gas stations are going for the pay-for-air route because people keep steeling or vandalizing the airhoses.

Kill off all the thiefs and vandals, and there wouldn't be a need to charge extra for the air.

That being said, $9 buys you a 12 volt compressor from crappy tire that provides way more than 9 fills.
darkpuppet,Dec 8 2008, 09:35 AM Wrote:That being said, $9 buys you a 12 volt compressor from crappy tire that provides way more than 9 fills.
[right][snapback]277826[/snapback][/right]

Agreed, I keep one in the truck at all times.
Petro Can at Sheppard/Bathurst is free, bring your own gauge though, the PSI is super high.
Didn't the Sunoco Station have free air It's been awhile since ive been to one thought so I can't remember as for Petro Stations atleast most of them the gas attendent can turn it on from there desk. This summer I was filling up gas in my jeep with the Focus in tow and the trailer needed a lil bit of air so I went in to pay for the gas and I asked for change for the mashine he was like don't worry about it you just filled up I'll turn it on for you I was like what you can do that he's like yaa it a security feature he can turn it on or have it completly shut off money inserted and all He told me all the newer station were like that I was pretty surprised I drove around to the compressor and it turned on all by itself
Need Air? theyres pleanty of free air can be found on here. Just do a search for MeFord4U (everyone forgets to put the "4U"). Mind you, this free air is hot air.

paolo,Dec 9 2008, 09:22 PM Wrote:Need Air? theyres pleanty of free air can be found on here. Just do a search for MeFord4U (everyone forgets to put the "4U").  Mind you, this free air is hot air.
[right][snapback]277931[/snapback][/right]

here we go.. have fun meford, he's all yours!

grabbing popcorn.
paolo,Dec 9 2008, 09:22 PM Wrote:Need Air? theyres pleanty of free air can be found on here. Just do a search for MeFord4U (everyone forgets to put the "4U").  Mind you, this free air is hot air.

You become more dumb as you age.
paolo,Dec 9 2008, 08:22 PM Wrote:Need Air? theyres pleanty of free air can be found on here. Just do a search for MeFord4U (everyone forgets to put the "4U").  Mind you, this free air is hot air.

Why Paolo.... WHY? :blink:

Saying things like that is the equivalent of stripping naked and running through a church screaming obscenities, swift, devine justice shall strike ye down :ph34r:

NefCanuck
Hot air? Well atleast I have something to say unlike you.

SOSOSOSPRO

That is the gayest thing ever.

And we all know your gay. It's okay. You can come out of the closet now.

And a cell phone car jokey. What does that pay? $8/hr?

Still living at home with M&D?

s*** the list goes on you idiot.
ANTHONYD,Dec 10 2008, 02:53 PM Wrote:grabbing popcorn.
[right][snapback]277970[/snapback][/right]

X2 :lol:

Quote:And a cell phone car jokey. What does that pay? $8/hr?

I LOLed and almost shot coffee all over my LCD! :lol:
NOS2Go4Me,Dec 8 2008, 08:48 AM Wrote:
darkpuppet,Dec 8 2008, 09:35 AM Wrote:That being said, $9 buys you a 12 volt compressor from crappy tire that provides way more than 9 fills.
[right][snapback]277826[/snapback][/right]

Agreed, I keep one in the truck at all times.
[right][snapback]277830[/snapback][/right]

Same here, plus I know the tires are cold when I fill them.

If I do need lots of air I go to CT @ Fairview & Cumberland in Burlington, overfill and then let the extra out the next morning.
ANTHONYD,Dec 10 2008, 02:53 PM Wrote:grabbing popcorn.
[right][snapback]277970[/snapback][/right]

I now have a movie intro for these threads...

Pages: 1 2