FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Best Racing Game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Any console or PC past/present, what you like and why its the best.... looking for some ideas for a new game. I like the racing games
No one into racing games???
Not all of us have as much free time to post (I keed, I keed)

I've never been all that good at pure racing games myself, I prefer things like "Twisted Metal" or the "Burnout" series that have some ways to make the racing more entertaining to me (Nothing says "Hi, how are ya sport" than blowing away some fool with an RPG at 100MPH)

NefCanuck
Burnout is one of my favourites of all time.. however, burnout paradise isn't my favourite of them all.. I'd say the series peaked in Burnout 3 as far as cars and features go, however, burnout 2 is a classic in it's own right with the tracks.

Then there's Gran Tourismo... .GT 5 Prologue is amazing.

But if you're looking for the classic racing is fun games, I'd have to say,

test drive 2 on the Amiga
Need for Speed 3 for the playstation
Speed Devils on Dreamcast

are all awesome games.
YEAH I KNOW.. I just noticed that the view count was up to 20 with not a reply...
I realy enjoyed Burnout Paradise on PS3.
Got almost 200 hours logged on it!
It takes about 50 hours to complete it (off-line) and then you need to do all the online challenges.
I also have GT5p. Great sim, but not my fav.
I am a huge fan of the Sim games like the Gran Turismo series (still say 2 is the best)... I get a bit discouraged then the cars don't react/drive like real cars.. and I was disappointed with NFS:Carbon advertising the GT500 and not being able to get it on PS2... unless anyone knows how to? I also can't get a 2 player game going on burnout revenge... weird

AND I've been a Nascar fan forever, so i like the nascar games some years NOT so much due to lack of multiplayer... four player demo derby
I wonder this as well....

I'm still playing rFactor with lots of mods.
Burnout Paradise is really good, I also really like GRID. The colors in GRID are really washed out but overall the game itself has good dynamics.

If your at all thinking about NFS undercover. Bought that for PS3 hate it, logged about 10 minutes on it before I shoved it aside and played more burnout :)
Test Drive Unlimited(360)
Need for Speed Most Wanted(360)
Need for Speed Carbon (Beatn in about 10 Hours)(360)
Forza 2(360)
Burnout Paradise(360)
Grand Theft Auto 4 (Online Racing)(360)
Mario Kart (Wii)
GTR2...hands down, the best car racing sim out there...
Get yourself a Logitech G25 wheel while your at it.
I was on the beta test program for test drive unlimited on the PS2... I have to say it was a great idea, but it wasn't fun to play and on the PS2, there were many technical issues -- I suggested in my tester's report that they cancel the game for PS2 since it just wasn't working out IMO.

burnout paradise is lots of fun, but it's also a bit tedious getting to the races and grinding through them.
I play GRID on the XboX.
In HD 52" sick.
GRID looks cool.. I want to try that.. but then I'll have to wait till I get a new console.. I see they have a down loadable demo that i could mess with.. hmmm
WuNgUnSVT,Nov 28 2008, 10:57 AM Wrote:GTR2...hands down, the best car racing sim out there...
Get yourself a Logitech G25 wheel while your at it.
[right][snapback]277310[/snapback][/right]
I haven't played that in a long while.

I also got a G25 to go with it (and rFactor). I should install that game again and load it up with mods.

GT Legends was fun too.
I'm reminded of why I stopped playing GTR2. It can't authenticate the disk in Vista without the patch, and they no longer support a website? and trying to get the patch off other websites results in having to join them etc...

I found the patch... but just the annoyance of things...

It needs a central site like rfactor has with rfactorcentral.
Here they are in no particular order:

- NFS 5 Porsche Unleashed
- NFS 3 Hot Pursuit
- Test Drive Unlimited
- Grand Turismo 4 A Spec
- Grand Turismo 5 Prologue

And favorite above all:

Motor City Online. Best racing game ever!
Oscar The Grouch,Nov 28 2008, 09:44 PM Wrote:And favorite above all:

Motor City Online.  Best racing game ever!
[right][snapback]277368[/snapback][/right]

Oh how i miss Motor City Online (I was in the beta, couldn't afford it initially when it went live and by the time I could, it was no more :( )

Near the end of the beta I was creating some pretty Frankenstein hotrods...

NefCanuck
anyone try out iRacing?
test drive USA arcade one sit down and drive if I remember right when you downshift and upshift you got to do a wheelie
Pages: 1 2