FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: My Old Focus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Written off in an accident 2 days ago :(
No way how bad is the damage how did you hear? Any parts for sale lol?
Oh Noes! Guess the new owner didn't heed the warnings of the power... :(

Any idea what is being done with the car?
can i buy the euro svt wheels / eap dark argent off it? Sorry to hear about the car.
cornflakes,Nov 26 2008, 02:02 PM Wrote:can i buy the euro svt wheels / eap dark argent off it? Sorry to hear about the car.
[right][snapback]277168[/snapback][/right]

I'd be willing to be that if it was hit hard enough to be written off atleast one of the rims will be fubar'd.
Oh man, at least it wasn't you that wrote it off. But still, hearing that news must have made your heart sink.
modified cars don't fare well in resale... my old fofo had it's engine blown soon after some young kid bought it.
kid is an idiot :(
Its a sad sad day..that car was MINT. Maybe you could buy it back off him and part it out on here :)

wheels were sold the same night I sold the car. Tim, from here, bought my brackets and the wheels. Money talks :P He's got money. :D

Not sure of the exact damage...kid just called me "I got some bad news, I wrote off the focus'

me: 'yeah thats some bad news... for you' :lol:

I knew it was going to happen, kid was always calling me to tell me about his latest 'kill'. Told him he needed to change the tires because the ones I sold the car to him with were pooched, didnt listen, and ended up plowing some lady from behind. He was probably going to fast. Actually, Im willing to bet he WAS going to fast.

The car had BALD azenis on, its been -10 around lately, those tires would of had zero traction in those kind of conditions, I wouldnt have even attempted to drive the car around.
kinda a poor ending for a good car, but I"m not suprised, I mean you always get those morons out there with cars they know little about not to mention handle, toss in some bad weather and well you can more or less gess the outcome.
Not to sound like a jerk...you got your money, all else is on the new owner of the what is to be known "parts car" lol. Maybe you should point him in he direction of this site, and make a 10% commish on the parts he sells lol!

An old car saying goes, "Anybody can fire a gun, but can you steer a bullet".

Unfortunately this young fella is a little gun-shy lol.
Dimitri,Nov 26 2008, 06:30 PM Wrote:Not to sound like a jerk...you got your money, all else is on the new owner of the what is to be known "parts car" lol. Maybe you should point him in he direction of this site, and make a 10% commish on the parts he sells lol!

An old car saying goes, "Anybody can fire a gun, but can you steer a bullet".

Unfortunately this young fella is a little gun-shy lol.
[right][snapback]277190[/snapback][/right]

lol, i like hardkore's idea better.
Well man sorry to hear. I kno what those Azenis are like in cold weather. The second I pulled my car outta the garage in Windsor last January I didnt even bother to drive it down the street. I reversed back into the garage (which was not easy with 1cm of snow on the ground) and went out and bought some Michellin Snow Tires. I can easily see how a little bit of speed and some cold/wet weather would end up in a not so good situation. At least you never wrote it off!
Word of advice..........stop talking to the kid.

You knew about the state of the tires, warned him but sold him the car, I have to assume certified? By you?

See my point?
s***ty deal... I can only imagine what that car must have been like in the snow/cold because I remember what my RX-8 was like in the snow/cold: SCARY.

And he definitely didn't have TCS/RSC to help him out. Although, by the sounds of it he was getting traction to accelerate just fine. :ph34r:

I'll have to agree with Bryan tho if the car was certified with "close" to illegal tires. Those are muddy waters you would be wading into, Nate... I'm not sure you could wade out without getting nipped. :o
Tires that messed up must have been like driving on hockey pucks.
I wish I felt sorry for him.

What is a Rockland kid that bought your car?

meford4u,Nov 27 2008, 01:42 AM Wrote:Word of advice..........stop talking to the kid.

You knew about the state of the tires, warned him but sold him the car, I have to assume certified?  By you?

See my point?
[right][snapback]277209[/snapback][/right]

You assume wrong.
;)

The car was safetied with winter tires. He took them off and wanted the azenis on. He made the choice, not me, he picked the wrong tires, and I even told him those azenis would only be good for the track. Bolded they key words for ya fellas. :lol: Car was sold with 2 sets. Not my problem he chose to drive away with the ones I told were not good to go..

Quote:What is a Rockland kid that bought your car?

Yep, lives on Laurier right before the golf course road...
wtf......he took off winter tires off right before the winter? what a tard.....i wish he came on this site
Pages: 1 2