Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Old Focus
Written off in an accident 2 days ago :(
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
No way how bad is the damage how did you hear? Any parts for sale lol?
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 - Daily Driver
2008 Lincoln MKX Limited Edition - Grocery Getter
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600 - Rode and Sold
2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade - Offroaded and Sold
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X - R.I.P. Electrical Fire
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 - Traded in Now DrunkinMonkeys Car
2003 Ford Taurus Wagon - Inherited Drove and Sold
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 Turbo - Award Winning 336 WHP - Parted and Scraped
1990 Ford Festiva - My 1st Car

[Image: ZX3PixelCarEngineVIEW.png]
Oh Noes! Guess the new owner didn't heed the warnings of the power... :(

Any idea what is being done with the car?
Ryan and the Silver Sedan
++++++++++++++++++++++++
2008 Mazda5 GS/Copper Red Mica/2.3 MZR 5AT/22% Tint
[Image: 49951.png]
2011 Ford F150 FX4 Supercrew/Race Red/3.5 TT EcoBoost
can i buy the euro svt wheels / eap dark argent off it? Sorry to hear about the car.
Be the change you want to see in this world.
cornflakes,Nov 26 2008, 02:02 PM Wrote:can i buy the euro svt wheels / eap dark argent off it? Sorry to hear about the car.
[right][snapback]277168[/snapback][/right]

I'd be willing to be that if it was hit hard enough to be written off atleast one of the rims will be fubar'd.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

Oh man, at least it wasn't you that wrote it off. But still, hearing that news must have made your heart sink.
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
modified cars don't fare well in resale... my old fofo had it's engine blown soon after some young kid bought it.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

kid is an idiot :(
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
Its a sad sad day..that car was MINT. Maybe you could buy it back off him and part it out on here :)

wheels were sold the same night I sold the car. Tim, from here, bought my brackets and the wheels. Money talks :P He's got money. :D

Not sure of the exact damage...kid just called me "I got some bad news, I wrote off the focus'

me: 'yeah thats some bad news... for you' :lol:

I knew it was going to happen, kid was always calling me to tell me about his latest 'kill'. Told him he needed to change the tires because the ones I sold the car to him with were pooched, didnt listen, and ended up plowing some lady from behind. He was probably going to fast. Actually, Im willing to bet he WAS going to fast.

The car had BALD azenis on, its been -10 around lately, those tires would of had zero traction in those kind of conditions, I wouldnt have even attempted to drive the car around.
kinda a poor ending for a good car, but I"m not suprised, I mean you always get those morons out there with cars they know little about not to mention handle, toss in some bad weather and well you can more or less gess the outcome.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
Not to sound like a jerk...you got your money, all else is on the new owner of the what is to be known "parts car" lol. Maybe you should point him in he direction of this site, and make a 10% commish on the parts he sells lol!

An old car saying goes, "Anybody can fire a gun, but can you steer a bullet".

Unfortunately this young fella is a little gun-shy lol.
Dimitri,Nov 26 2008, 06:30 PM Wrote:Not to sound like a jerk...you got your money, all else is on the new owner of the what is to be known "parts car" lol. Maybe you should point him in he direction of this site, and make a 10% commish on the parts he sells lol!

An old car saying goes, "Anybody can fire a gun, but can you steer a bullet".

Unfortunately this young fella is a little gun-shy lol.
[right][snapback]277190[/snapback][/right]

lol, i like hardkore's idea better.
Well man sorry to hear. I kno what those Azenis are like in cold weather. The second I pulled my car outta the garage in Windsor last January I didnt even bother to drive it down the street. I reversed back into the garage (which was not easy with 1cm of snow on the ground) and went out and bought some Michellin Snow Tires. I can easily see how a little bit of speed and some cold/wet weather would end up in a not so good situation. At least you never wrote it off!
2004 Ford Focus ZX5 MTX75 - Liquid Grey -

15.7 @ 86mph

1994 Pontiac Trans AM 25th Anniversary 6 spd -

12.3 @ 110mph

2013 Ford Focus ST - Oxford White

1/4 TBD
[Image: image,Burnin1,black,blue.png]
Word of advice..........stop talking to the kid.

You knew about the state of the tires, warned him but sold him the car, I have to assume certified? By you?

See my point?
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
s***ty deal... I can only imagine what that car must have been like in the snow/cold because I remember what my RX-8 was like in the snow/cold: SCARY.

And he definitely didn't have TCS/RSC to help him out. Although, by the sounds of it he was getting traction to accelerate just fine. :ph34r:

I'll have to agree with Bryan tho if the car was certified with "close" to illegal tires. Those are muddy waters you would be wading into, Nate... I'm not sure you could wade out without getting nipped. :o
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Tires that messed up must have been like driving on hockey pucks.
I wish I felt sorry for him.

What is a Rockland kid that bought your car?

2000 Ford Focus Roush Turbo & 2004 Focus sedan
meford4u,Nov 27 2008, 01:42 AM Wrote:Word of advice..........stop talking to the kid.

You knew about the state of the tires, warned him but sold him the car, I have to assume certified?  By you?

See my point?
[right][snapback]277209[/snapback][/right]

You assume wrong.
;)

The car was safetied with winter tires. He took them off and wanted the azenis on. He made the choice, not me, he picked the wrong tires, and I even told him those azenis would only be good for the track. Bolded they key words for ya fellas. :lol: Car was sold with 2 sets. Not my problem he chose to drive away with the ones I told were not good to go..

Quote:What is a Rockland kid that bought your car?

Yep, lives on Laurier right before the golf course road...
wtf......he took off winter tires off right before the winter? what a tard.....i wish he came on this site
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike