FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Lower Gas Prices
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
so not that I'm complaining but why are the gas prices going down so much so fast? It's down to 93 cents and predicted to go down to as low as 75 cents by Christmas.

If something sounds too good to be true, it often is! What's the catch? I have a feeling something bad is gonna happen after this short lived gas relief!
haven't you notice that stock market has crashed?
I heard on the radio gas is going up tonight to 94.7. Its still nice to fill up the car for under $40.
cornflakes,Oct 28 2008, 11:04 PM Wrote:so not that I'm complaining but why are the gas prices going down so much so fast?  It's down to 93 cents and predicted to go down to as low as 75 cents by Christmas.

If something sounds too good to be true, it often is! What's the catch? I have a feeling something bad is gonna happen after this short lived gas relief!
[right][snapback]275443[/snapback][/right]
Yup - all related to the price of a barrel of oil tanking (pun intended) ... and that is both the good news and the bad news ... oil revenue is a huge tax generator for the guv'mint ... and as the price of oil goes, so goes many other commodoties and therefore so goes the TSX ... have you looked at the value of your investments lately (if you haven't I wouldn't recommend that you do) ... so that's the bad news.
i heard that the US-Can-Mexico are planning to drive out the us dollar and make one currency called the Amero to replace everything and they will offer us the Amero for 2 cents at the dollar so basically all of us will lose everything anyway (its all over youtube).

So basically the people "behind the scenes" are purposefully destroying the US dollar to bring in the Amero plan which would basically wipe out all the debts and start all over - bad for us middle/working class, good for the corporations owing billions.

I don't know if this is really true or not....but it definitely sounds like something fishy is going on.
Uh OK, yah youtube.
That rumour was really something started to counter the new North American Integration Framework or whatever it's called

Don't get me wrong, I want nothing to do with giving up our freedoms, identity and soverign rights... but that Amero thing is a hoax. It basically says that the economies in Canada, the U.S. and Mexico are all the same... which will never happen. We live in three very different worlds... ahem, countries.

If the "Amero" ever comes about, the next logical step, sadly, is to annex Mexico and Canada, "integrating" us into the U.S.

At this point, we'll pack up our stuff and we'll go live somewhere either very cold (think Iqualit) or warm (somewhere tropical).

Oh yeah, back on topic :P I filled last Saturday at 103 in Toronto when I drove home... and I put $40 in last night @ 100.9 at my usual Esso. Nice. :)

I'm seriously thinking of trying to stockpile some "cheap" gas.
Um, 88.9 by my house this morning. Take that! :D
The catch is that our dollar is taking a nose dive because its directly linked to the price of oil, basically its a Petro Dollar. So you can have either cheap gas and low value of the CDN dollar, or higher gas prices and a higher value of the CDN dollar. Frankly, I'd prefer slightly higher gas prices so that our dollar can buy more goods aboard, most likely everyone doesn't see it the same way on here.

As for the 'Amero' that idea has been floating around for the longest time, and I don't think Canada or Mexico would agree with it since the US economy is in a recession.
NOS2Go4Me,Oct 29 2008, 06:34 AM Wrote:That rumour was really something started to counter the new North American Integration Framework or whatever it's called

Don't get me wrong, I want nothing to do with giving up our freedoms, identity and soverign rights... but that Amero thing is a hoax. It basically says that the economies in Canada, the U.S. and Mexico are all the same... which will never happen. We live in three very different worlds... ahem, countries.

If the "Amero" ever comes about, the next logical step, sadly, is to annex Mexico and Canada, "integrating" us into the U.S.

At this point, we'll pack up our stuff and we'll go live somewhere either very cold (think Iqualit) or warm (somewhere tropical).

Oh yeah, back on topic :P I filled last Saturday at 103 in Toronto when I drove home... and I put $40 in last night @ 100.9 at my usual Esso. Nice. :)

I'm seriously thinking of trying to stockpile some "cheap" gas.
[right][snapback]275465[/snapback][/right]

1.04/L for 91 yestarday.....take that :lol:
I saw 98.6 at lunch... it blew my mind! :lol:

I've got 5/8ths of a tank right now, but I may go fill up after work.

Of course, that kind of mentality is what brings back 1.30+/L :angry:

Oh well, you only live once.
Yeah i'd take slightly higher gas prices for higher cdn dollar value too. Especially since i only fill up once every 2 months now (taking the ttc).

I'm glad to hear that Amero is a hoax....well it better be. But you never know what is really gonna happen. Of course i'd hate to have to lose our canadian nationality to integrate with the US but this "idea" is not very far off if you really think about it.

Just look at the Euro. France and other countries had to give up their own currency and that's a big thing to lose. Slowly money is taking over everything and nationality/borders won't mean anything anymore if it means living in poverty. I bet most canadians would gladly give up their nationality and any Canadian identity if it meant living wealthy instead of in poverty.

I don't mean to be a cynic and i wish we'd be honourable and loyal to our roots and heritage and nationality but this is really quickly becoming a notion of the past as money is the only thing that matters now both for corporations, families, and even individuals.

If you had to choose between being a Canadian but watching ur kids live in poverty and eat out of the dumpsters OR be an American and live wealthy..... you know what you'd pick.

It's the whole reason why people migrate (immigrate and emmigrate) because of money and a better life.....it's sad but hey, it's true and survival is the most powerful human instinct....even if it means giving up your country and history.

So Amero i hope is a hoax ...but i don't doubt something like that could EASILY happen here anytime soon.
hmm this is going off topic rather quickly.. lol

honestly I'd love to see our dollar rebound a bit too, atleast back into the 85 - 95 range. and with oil being round the mid $60's a barrel it would be nice to actually see our gas prices back to where that price warrents the fuel at the pumps say $0.700L , the thing I hate the most right now is when oil spikes even a little bit we're hit that night by a jump in the price at the pump. it would be nice to only see that weekly like it used to be only 8 years ago.
yeah lol off topic and the thread is "off topic" :)
I'm lovin the sound of 70 cents a litre!! All the SUV owners are celebrating!
gas prices are making me happy, since i drive a 1999 suburban for the winter with a 350 in it and a gas tank that takes about 150 bucks to fill :o
GFXjamie,Oct 29 2008, 06:08 PM Wrote:gas prices are making me happy, since i drive a 1999 suburban for the winter with a 350 in it and a gas tank that takes about 150 bucks to fill :o
[right][snapback]275575[/snapback][/right]

I'd drive one in a heartbeat if I got one with the 6.5L turbodiesel. :)
NOS2Go4Me,Oct 29 2008, 05:50 PM Wrote:
GFXjamie,Oct 29 2008, 06:08 PM Wrote:gas prices are making me happy, since i drive a 1999 suburban for the winter with a 350 in it and a gas tank that takes about 150 bucks to fill :o
[right][snapback]275575[/snapback][/right]

I'd drive one in a heartbeat if I got one with the 6.5L turbodiesel. :)
[right][snapback]275580[/snapback][/right]

my buddy has this engine in his Chevy Blazzer........we go offroading in it alot........but this thing gazzles gas like nothing
hearsay everywhere.... the Adler dude on am 640 was trolling rumors today that gas prices are going to be around $1.75/L by Christmas lol but it's all BS if you ask me.... OPEC cut production and it didn't do much to the price of crude futures since demand from manufacturing in China has slowed as a result of slowed consumer demand for gas and consumer products in the US.... the only way it can go up to buck seven five is if Middle East gets destabalized again lets say with a conflict between Iran and Israel, which is actually looming...
He's probably a paid shill... paid to speculate on a station that futures traders listen to, which could in effect raise the price somewhat anyways based on their activities during the day.

We have very little control, as consumers, in the commodities market - especially as far as gas and diesel go. Believing so is a nice dream, a fallacy that lets us sleep at night.
damn u easterners, gas hasnt yet dropped below $1.00 in Vancouver yet.
Pages: 1 2 3