FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: High 14's, What Do I Need...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
my srt4 went 13.9 @103 STOCK on streets

but now with the lunch box I go 13.2 on streets and never touching the floor till half way thru 2
DD1,Sep 19 2008, 05:44 PM Wrote:my srt4 went 13.9 @103 STOCK on streets

but now with the lunch box I go 13.2 on streets and never touching the floor till half way thru 2
[right][snapback]272818[/snapback][/right]

I would pay to see u in the neon LOL
thanks
went to the track tonite. 15.3@91.85 mph, average launches. i would bet after a UDP and cams i can see 14's, but we will see when i get to that point

current mods: OBX SS header, Highflow cat, 2.25 catback, K&N typhoon, Xcal2 91 tune, VF rear mount. not a lot done for the time i got. another rele good trap speed. ive seen cars get 14.8 with it, to bad i drive front wheel lol
GFXjamie,Sep 20 2008, 01:32 AM Wrote:went to the track tonite. 15.3@91.85 mph, average launches. i would bet after a UDP and cams i can see 14's, but we will see when i get to that point

current mods: OBX SS header, Highflow cat, 2.25 catback, K&N typhoon, Xcal2 91 tune, VF rear mount. not a lot done for the time i got. another rele good trap speed. ive seen cars get 14.8 with it, to bad i drive front wheel lol
[right][snapback]272834[/snapback][/right]

Post the slip.
Flofocus,Sep 19 2008, 12:11 PM Wrote:He's 1 tune away from 300, hope you got more than that! :P

Factory boosted cars FTMFW!  :banger:
[right][snapback]272796[/snapback][/right]

Cam, TB and Intake upgrade will help balance that out.
GFXjamie,Sep 20 2008, 12:32 AM Wrote:went to the track tonite. 15.3@91.85 mph, average launches. i would bet after a UDP and cams i can see 14's, but we will see when i get to that point

[right][snapback]272834[/snapback][/right]

very good times Jamie man!

i gotta come to the track with u
i dont have anything to scan or take a pic currently :( , but ill grab it outta the car later and post up every detail off it

and surprisingly enough, that run was with rele heavy air (foggy out) and i dropped tire psi a little to low and was spining w/ wheel hop that run, not an epic 60ft but otherwise i was happy. the first run of the night was a 15.4@89.5, then took a passenger for a 15.7@91 lol ?????

hey nick, wanna go next weekend???
yeah probably
lol hey nick, did u see that derek posted my time on PSGay, everyone bashed my car and said its still slow blah blah blah including jp who's personal best is a 15.3 @ 89 mph.... ppl calling it a POS and that a 2.0l car should be able to do a better time. i was keeping up with almost every street car there. mustangs doing 14.8 and a WRX did a 14.8, grandpri supercharged only had me by a little with a 14.9.
HAAAATTAAAAZZZZ
dey is just mad because this is actually a fast focus lol and they havent meet anyone but u who has one that is fairly quick, and they judge mine by urs and how much u had done when my mods list is pretty small still. i dropped that club weeks ago tho, still fun to laugh at
shows how much better Dura then Zetec

i defenetly needed a tune
ya, ur car wud have been a lot faster with a good tune. the FS tune on my car is doing wonders right now. im just tying to fine tune it for best results at the track. i leaned it out 4% and advanced timing even more.... im risky like that. f'd around with my drag launch to. that is a must man, love it
time slip (for some reason on all of them i didnt get a 1/8 mile but the other cars i was against did.....???)

r/t:.1852
60ft: 2.369
330ft: 6.5269
1/8 ET: -
1/8 mph: -
1/4 et: 15.35
1/4 mph: 91.64 ( i stated 91.8 but i was wrong, my best trap however of then night was 91.85 wth a 15.5 and 2.43 60ft)

my main issue was launches, i dropped tire pressures to 30psi for first two runs and then to 25psi, i dropped it to much for the last couple so i got a lot of spin off the line and even some wheel hop, was running on stock rims and tires aka hancook POS

i posted up on FJ to see what other ppl are getting and what they think my car shud get with the mods it has, i wonder if i have a factory freak
ok I have spend countless hours racing at drag strip across NA

if you ran a 2.3 60 foot and a 15.3

that means if you were to get a very possible 2.0 60 foot than your car would be runnit with your a 14.7

very very interesting
DD1,Sep 20 2008, 07:37 PM Wrote:ok I have spend countless hours racing at drag strip across NA

if you ran a 2.3 60 foot and a 15.3

that means if you were to get a very possible 2.0 60 foot than your car would be runnit with your  a 14.7

very very interesting
[right][snapback]272876[/snapback][/right]

lol
lets put this N/A beast on slicks!! :lol:
thats wat im planning on doing. i want to maybe get some slip streams on the front with some nice slicks at like 13 psi lol. that with a lsd would likely yeild me some nice numbers. and ya like u said 14.7 because generally speaking every 10th 60ft is worth about 2/10th's ET. then i cud be even with the mustangs instead of 2 lengths behind :D

on more thing, is there anyone else on here with a 2.0l duratec NA thats running faster? i wanna be the faster NA 2.0l haha
take out the back seat, spare, jack and you'll be running nose to nose with Ivan's B18
i believe so far he has only hit about 15.4 or so judging by when they went a month or 2 ago. i have the spare out but nothin else. this weekend im gunna try cooling my intake charge a little more, see if i can rig something up and play with the launch RPM and tire pressure because 25psi is maybe a little soft launch wise.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5