FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: How To Install A Roush Hoodscoop
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
so basically i saw a guy on FF get a roush hoodscoop and i had to get one for myself lol. incidently a guy had one for sale, infra-red (which btw is exactly like vermillion red) so i grabbed it! the install was fairly simple just very time consuming because i was chopping into a 500 hunk of metal lol, hard to believe the OEM hood is that expensive.

so basically i cut out a pattern of the hoodscoop and started to place it on the hood finding the center.

took off the hood, that thing was heavy wow.
[Image: Picture001.jpg]
[Image: Picture004.jpg]
[Image: Picture002.jpg]
[Image: Picture003.jpg]
[Image: Picture005.jpg]
that screwdriver going down must mean something. omg hole in the hood! i can still turn back :ph34r:
[Image: Picture006.jpg]
no turning back now!
[Image: Picture007.jpg]
finished product! i sprayed the underside of the scoop black and put plastic door trim avail from crappy tire around the lip of the hole so i won't own my hand.
[Image: Picture009.jpg]
[Image: Picture012.jpg]
i still think ur crazy man
:)
NikiterZTS,Sep 14 2008, 09:09 PM Wrote:i still think ur crazy man
:)
[right][snapback]272403[/snapback][/right]

Can't see, work internet sucks. It must look good though, I'll see it sunday at Dixie Ford and I'll bring my freshly put on rear brake conversion.
So what about rust now that you've got exposed steel where you cut?
ANTHONYD,Sep 15 2008, 09:38 AM Wrote:So what about rust now that you've got exposed steel where you cut?
[right][snapback]272421[/snapback][/right]

No s***, hope you sprayed that down with something! If not, expect rust tomorrow. :lol:

looks good though!
I was never crazy about the hood scoop on a Focus but atleast its function hope it doesn't rust
Look great IMO.
I just hope you don't get much water in there.

Get more pics!
OK I gotta ask. WTF are those two red horn things?!!

Oscar The Grouch,Sep 15 2008, 12:07 PM Wrote:OK I gotta ask.  WTF are those two red horn things?!!

[right][snapback]272457[/snapback][/right]

upgraded horn :blink:
Now what happens when it rains and you get water on your coil packs? Or better yet, in the winter time and you get slush and ice on them?

Nice install BTW. Check your PM for an iTouch question.
Dude that looks awsome, well done, bravo buddy bravo. I was thinking of doing that to mine before I had the accident.
whats the name of that cutting tool?
Oscar The Grouch,Sep 15 2008, 12:07 PM Wrote:OK I gotta ask.  WTF are those two red horn things?!!

[right][snapback]272457[/snapback][/right]
Bozo the clown drives that car. BEEP BEEP

And what everyone else is wondering........we all hope you treated that fresh cut metal with some kind of paint?

You got balls Bozo.
I got a set on my Focus and tell you the truth it scares the hell out of ppl driving they acctually stop. lol Mine sounds like a train.

And what the hell, happend to your licence plate!!! :huh: :blink: :huh:
lol im guessing no one read the part about the plastic trim around the metal....i got the door trim that you can get from crappy tire around the edge of lip, its filled with silicone, so no rust for me =)

kev i'll get you the roms shortly. why would there be water on the coil packs? the hole has the scoop over it...lol

the tool is a nibbler

those are my air horns, niks seen/heard them before. last few times i blasted them at the meet it made a couple people jump. sounds like a bigrig coming, not quite as deep but for $20 it beats the hell out of the stock one.

licence plate was when i owned a woman's minivan when she ran through a red light in the winter. thankfully the fofo stood up well.

Water will get sucked in there faster than hors d'oeuvres disappear at a Rosie O'Donnell birthday bash. You may as well paint "Hoover" down each side of the scoop. Or, get some decent mesh in there to at least keep large debris / ice / Dodge owners out of the engine bay.

It looks good but it'll get dirty in there fast.
there is a screen there, the black plastic piece. i hosed down my car over the weekend after the install and it rained. it was dry as a bone inside. no one seems to notice detail lol.
so that tool calls nibbler??
i should've known about that before i did cutting to mine..

i used dremel + jigsaw and cut is really rough..

i also used door moulding stuff as you did..
but i am going to try make something out of abs plastic..
Spinal,Sep 16 2008, 12:21 AM Wrote:lol im guessing no one read the part about the plastic trim around the metal[right][snapback]272497[/snapback][/right]

Yep, read it, saw it.

Still need to paint it with some rust protection paint! ;)
no need if theres silicone on it.
Pages: 1 2