FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Exhaust Upgrade.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there.
I have a 2001 Ford Focus ZX3 and want to fit a Borla Cat-back exhaust on it, a new high-flow cat and the SVT header kit.
I've read that the SVT Header has a larger exit than stock so will i need to look for an SVT High-flow cat and then the SVT Borla Cat-back rather than the standard ZX3 replacement high-flow cat and Borla exhaust?
I hope that makes sense.
Thanks in Advance.
Jamie
They sell highflow cats for a ZX3 so you can just get the ZX3 exhaust if you wish. I think the key point here is the Flex, you need the ZX3 version to use the ZX3 flex, else you need a SVT flex.

I'm no expert because i didn't go this route, but members on here who have done it can confirm if i'm right or wrong.
JSkerten,Aug 29 2008, 12:39 AM Wrote:Hi there.
I have a 2001 Ford Focus ZX3 and want to fit a Borla Cat-back exhaust on it, a new high-flow cat and the SVT header kit.
I've read that the SVT Header has a larger exit than stock so will i need to look for an SVT High-flow cat and then the SVT Borla Cat-back rather than the standard ZX3 replacement high-flow cat and Borla exhaust?
I hope that makes sense.
Thanks in Advance.
Jamie
[right][snapback]271251[/snapback][/right]

that is a good set up

svt header,svt ORP or High flow cat, svt borla catback
there is no such thing as a svt specific exhaust unless its the center defuser one all ZX3/ZX5 and SVT cat back are the same from 00 to I think 05 but a high flow cat isn't a bad idea at all since when you change the header most of the time that cat gets deleted.
I've definately read it somewhere that the SVT Header is a larger tube than stock. Say for instance the stock is 2.25" then the SVT is 2.5".
Also this site seems to think there is a difference between ZX3/ZX5 Borla Exhausts and SVT Borla Exhausts. They even want to charge an extra $100 for the difference...

http://www.andysautosport.com/ford/2000_20...exhausts/borla/
i have a cat back exhaust im willing to part out, im me.
I believe the SVT version has an extra resonator to make it a little quieter. The SVT header is loud!! When combined with the 2.5" Borla for the regular ZX3, it is super loud.

I also believe the regular version even though it has 2.5" tubing, it has a 2.25" flange where it joins to the flex. The SVT version has a 2.5" flange there.

If you were going with a 2.5" flex then the SVT version of the Borla would be the way to go.
zx3 and svt exhaust are different, flange is different..
hole is not matching up..

i had magnaflow, then mbrp..

when i got svt header kit, svt header + svt cat + svt flex, i had to go with svt mbrp..because i did not have a tool to modify flange..