Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Exhaust Upgrade.
Hi there.
I have a 2001 Ford Focus ZX3 and want to fit a Borla Cat-back exhaust on it, a new high-flow cat and the SVT header kit.
I've read that the SVT Header has a larger exit than stock so will i need to look for an SVT High-flow cat and then the SVT Borla Cat-back rather than the standard ZX3 replacement high-flow cat and Borla exhaust?
I hope that makes sense.
Thanks in Advance.
Jamie
They sell highflow cats for a ZX3 so you can just get the ZX3 exhaust if you wish. I think the key point here is the Flex, you need the ZX3 version to use the ZX3 flex, else you need a SVT flex.

I'm no expert because i didn't go this route, but members on here who have done it can confirm if i'm right or wrong.
JSkerten,Aug 29 2008, 12:39 AM Wrote:Hi there.
I have a 2001 Ford Focus ZX3 and want to fit a Borla Cat-back exhaust on it, a new high-flow cat and the SVT header kit.
I've read that the SVT Header has a larger exit than stock so will i need to look for an SVT High-flow cat and then the SVT Borla Cat-back rather than the standard ZX3 replacement high-flow cat and Borla exhaust?
I hope that makes sense.
Thanks in Advance.
Jamie
[right][snapback]271251[/snapback][/right]

that is a good set up

svt header,svt ORP or High flow cat, svt borla catback
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
there is no such thing as a svt specific exhaust unless its the center defuser one all ZX3/ZX5 and SVT cat back are the same from 00 to I think 05 but a high flow cat isn't a bad idea at all since when you change the header most of the time that cat gets deleted.
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 - Daily Driver
2008 Lincoln MKX Limited Edition - Grocery Getter
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600 - Rode and Sold
2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade - Offroaded and Sold
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X - R.I.P. Electrical Fire
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 - Traded in Now DrunkinMonkeys Car
2003 Ford Taurus Wagon - Inherited Drove and Sold
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 Turbo - Award Winning 336 WHP - Parted and Scraped
1990 Ford Festiva - My 1st Car

[Image: ZX3PixelCarEngineVIEW.png]
I've definately read it somewhere that the SVT Header is a larger tube than stock. Say for instance the stock is 2.25" then the SVT is 2.5".
Also this site seems to think there is a difference between ZX3/ZX5 Borla Exhausts and SVT Borla Exhausts. They even want to charge an extra $100 for the difference...

http://www.andysautosport.com/ford/2000_20...exhausts/borla/
i have a cat back exhaust im willing to part out, im me.
My other ride is your Mom
I believe the SVT version has an extra resonator to make it a little quieter. The SVT header is loud!! When combined with the 2.5" Borla for the regular ZX3, it is super loud.

I also believe the regular version even though it has 2.5" tubing, it has a 2.25" flange where it joins to the flex. The SVT version has a 2.5" flange there.

If you were going with a 2.5" flex then the SVT version of the Borla would be the way to go.
vintage 2000 malibu blue ZX3 ***SOLD***
2013 performance blue ST

TEAM P.I.T.A.
zx3 and svt exhaust are different, flange is different..
hole is not matching up..

i had magnaflow, then mbrp..

when i got svt header kit, svt header + svt cat + svt flex, i had to go with svt mbrp..because i did not have a tool to modify flange..
BLACKBOX(DASHCAM) | LED | HID | REMOTE STARTER + SECURITY | 12 VOLT ACCESSORIES | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | PERFORMANCE UPGRADE | MAINTENANCE REPAIR
[Image: banner_468x60_zps1c433cb9.gif]
info@motormaniac.ca | 905.508.3737
If you are calling after hours, please leave a pm or detailed voice mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Exhaust Upgrade Platinum6316 32 17,082 01-17-2012, 03:39 AM
Last Post: greenfocus