FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Hi Folks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just popping in to say hello from Kemptville, ON. I have had 3 foci. The first was hit by a chick running a red light. It had 300,000 km. 2nd, an '02 wagon, was totalled by my son 2 weeks ago and I had it less than a year and now I'm on my 3rd...an '04 wagon. I love them but I was not happy with the lifespan of the stock suspension on the first or second one. I am hoping the '04 has better luck but I will likely be making changes to it anyway to avoid that.

Here's a pic of the old and the new.

[Image: newfocus2.jpg]

How come my pic won't post?
Welcome to the site ... lots of good information, good guys and gals, and interesting characters here ... hope you enjoy your stay.

BTW - my wife and I are on our seventh Focus; as my handle implies all but one are wagons.

Not sure what you think the lifespan of the suspension should be, my wife's 04 has 100k and the suspension is fine ... how many clicks did you get?

And finally, here's a piece of 2004 Focus Trivia:

What did the 2004 Focus not come with that you, as a mulit-Focus owner, would probably bet money that it did?

Hint: it's the same answer to the question as to why the center console gets freakin hot in the winter.
I don't know the answer to the trivia question as I have not had my 04 in the winter yet.

The suspension qut at around 150k and then another 100k later. Maybe I expect too much.
Your pics wont show in this section.

try 'From the Streets', it will show up in that section.

Welcome to the club.
Welcome, always interested to see new wagon members pop up :)

NefCanuck
heelchain,Aug 20 2008, 04:00 PM Wrote:I don't know the answer to the trivia question as I have not had my 04 in the winter yet.

The suspension qut at around 150k and then another 100k later. Maybe I expect too much.
[right][snapback]270793[/snapback][/right]

On early Focus models, the parts for the suspension ususal need maintance every 110,000 kms or so, usually it's the stablizer arms that die first... I'm on my 2nd set now @ 223,000 so it's not that bad, plus it depends on the model of Focus you have too. but welcome to the site!
300K, very inpressing.......we have a member who's got like almost 380K on his focus

welcome
heelchain,Aug 20 2008, 04:00 PM Wrote:I don't know the answer to the trivia question as I have not had my 04 in the winter yet.

[right][snapback]270793[/snapback][/right]

For the 2004 model year (and only the 2004 model year) Ford chose not to install the rear seat heat ducts in the Focus. THey forgot to tell the dealers and they forgot to tell the marketing guys which is why most people think they have them ... that, and the fact that every other year (00-03, 05-09) the Focus in fact did have them.

The reason this is important is that in the winter the hot air that would normally be blown into the rear seat area is instead blown into the interior of your centre console ... to the point where you'll find that anything put into the cup holders will become too hot to touch, as will the centre console itself.

I personally believe that this effect cannot be good for any of the switches there (heated seats, traction control) or for that matter the carpet or the plastic of the console itself ... something you may want to keep an eye on.

Welcome to the community. Enjoy... B)
welcome, nice station wagon
Thanks everyone. Since I travel alone mostly to and from work hopefully the heater to my console will not be too much of an issue. Thanks for the heads up, though. I would be wondering why my Diet Pepsi got hot. :D

I will be keeping the liquid grey Focus for parts for a while until steel prices are upa bit. I just gotta get rid of the 14" rims but the rubber is still good so I'll run them until they're done. I already have 15" winters.
heelchain,Aug 20 2008, 08:22 PM Wrote:Thanks everyone. Since I travel alone mostly to and from work hopefully the heater to my console will not be too much of an issue. Thanks for the heads up, though. I would be wondering why my Diet Pepsi got hot. :D

I will be keeping the liquid grey Focus for parts for a while until steel prices are upa bit. I just gotta get rid of the 14" rims but the rubber is still good so I'll run them until they're done. I already have 15" winters.
[right][snapback]270813[/snapback][/right]

just transfer the vents from the wrecked focus over to the new one? Console is only like 3 screws to remove, one in each cupholder

Also have you thought of parting it out on here? i'm sure a few folks might be looking for parts, or odds and ends? what kind of shape are the fenders and hood in?
Welcome aboard! :hi: Like stated earlier, there are all types of Focus nuts in here. Just take a look around and see if your questions are answered already, if not just ask away. There are a lot of very helpfull people on this board.
Welcome I'm one of those nutz Kev was talking about lol. Seems like you should do some custom tubing and plumb it to the bottom of the seats with a shut off in the summer. That would be sweet if you didn't have heated seats lol. Enjoy the site.
Any body panels on the front half of the car have been damaged. I am keeping it for a parts car for a bit so if there's something someone is in need of they can let me know. I'm not keeping it forever...maybe just until spring.

I will look into "fixing" the vents...thanks for the suggestion.
Welcome.
Great, another Kemptvillian... :rolleyes:

Welcome to the club! You may have seen me around, a Silver 2000 sedan with tint, ZX3 side skirts, and louder MBRP exhaust.

Welcome!
I dont mean to Hijack this but Relridge my black focus now has an exhaust :P so you will hear me before you see me now :P
Haha... having Bubbles on your Avatar is priceless :)))

Gotta give you props for that :P

Love Trailer Park Boys...
malim,Aug 23 2008, 02:22 AM Wrote:Haha... having Bubbles on your Avatar is priceless :)))

Gotta give you props for that :P

Love Trailer Park Boys...
[right][snapback]270938[/snapback][/right]

According to my uncle I am related to the guy who plays Bubbles. Distant cousin. He is from Country Harbour in NS and is a Smith and My family is also Smith on my mom's side from Country Harbour. It's not a big town and if my uncle says so...I believe him.