Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi Folks
Just popping in to say hello from Kemptville, ON. I have had 3 foci. The first was hit by a chick running a red light. It had 300,000 km. 2nd, an '02 wagon, was totalled by my son 2 weeks ago and I had it less than a year and now I'm on my 3rd...an '04 wagon. I love them but I was not happy with the lifespan of the stock suspension on the first or second one. I am hoping the '04 has better luck but I will likely be making changes to it anyway to avoid that.

Here's a pic of the old and the new.

[Image: newfocus2.jpg]

How come my pic won't post?
Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.
Welcome to the site ... lots of good information, good guys and gals, and interesting characters here ... hope you enjoy your stay.

BTW - my wife and I are on our seventh Focus; as my handle implies all but one are wagons.

Not sure what you think the lifespan of the suspension should be, my wife's 04 has 100k and the suspension is fine ... how many clicks did you get?

And finally, here's a piece of 2004 Focus Trivia:

What did the 2004 Focus not come with that you, as a mulit-Focus owner, would probably bet money that it did?

Hint: it's the same answer to the question as to why the center console gets freakin hot in the winter.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
I don't know the answer to the trivia question as I have not had my 04 in the winter yet.

The suspension qut at around 150k and then another 100k later. Maybe I expect too much.
Your pics wont show in this section.

try 'From the Streets', it will show up in that section.

Welcome to the club.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Welcome, always interested to see new wagon members pop up :)

NefCanuck
heelchain,Aug 20 2008, 04:00 PM Wrote:I don't know the answer to the trivia question as I have not had my 04 in the winter yet.

The suspension qut at around 150k and then another 100k later. Maybe I expect too much.
[right][snapback]270793[/snapback][/right]

On early Focus models, the parts for the suspension ususal need maintance every 110,000 kms or so, usually it's the stablizer arms that die first... I'm on my 2nd set now @ 223,000 so it's not that bad, plus it depends on the model of Focus you have too. but welcome to the site!
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
300K, very inpressing.......we have a member who's got like almost 380K on his focus

welcome
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
heelchain,Aug 20 2008, 04:00 PM Wrote:I don't know the answer to the trivia question as I have not had my 04 in the winter yet.

[right][snapback]270793[/snapback][/right]

For the 2004 model year (and only the 2004 model year) Ford chose not to install the rear seat heat ducts in the Focus. THey forgot to tell the dealers and they forgot to tell the marketing guys which is why most people think they have them ... that, and the fact that every other year (00-03, 05-09) the Focus in fact did have them.

The reason this is important is that in the winter the hot air that would normally be blown into the rear seat area is instead blown into the interior of your centre console ... to the point where you'll find that anything put into the cup holders will become too hot to touch, as will the centre console itself.

I personally believe that this effect cannot be good for any of the switches there (heated seats, traction control) or for that matter the carpet or the plastic of the console itself ... something you may want to keep an eye on.

2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
Welcome to the community. Enjoy... B)
welcome, nice station wagon
My other ride is your Mom
Thanks everyone. Since I travel alone mostly to and from work hopefully the heater to my console will not be too much of an issue. Thanks for the heads up, though. I would be wondering why my Diet Pepsi got hot. :D

I will be keeping the liquid grey Focus for parts for a while until steel prices are upa bit. I just gotta get rid of the 14" rims but the rubber is still good so I'll run them until they're done. I already have 15" winters.
heelchain,Aug 20 2008, 08:22 PM Wrote:Thanks everyone. Since I travel alone mostly to and from work hopefully the heater to my console will not be too much of an issue. Thanks for the heads up, though. I would be wondering why my Diet Pepsi got hot. :D

I will be keeping the liquid grey Focus for parts for a while until steel prices are upa bit. I just gotta get rid of the 14" rims but the rubber is still good so I'll run them until they're done. I already have 15" winters.
[right][snapback]270813[/snapback][/right]

just transfer the vents from the wrecked focus over to the new one? Console is only like 3 screws to remove, one in each cupholder

Also have you thought of parting it out on here? i'm sure a few folks might be looking for parts, or odds and ends? what kind of shape are the fenders and hood in?
2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting
Welcome aboard! :hi: Like stated earlier, there are all types of Focus nuts in here. Just take a look around and see if your questions are answered already, if not just ask away. There are a lot of very helpfull people on this board.
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
Welcome I'm one of those nutz Kev was talking about lol. Seems like you should do some custom tubing and plumb it to the bottom of the seats with a shut off in the summer. That would be sweet if you didn't have heated seats lol. Enjoy the site.
Currently - 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4X4 Work Truck. Needs a Super Charger
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified
Sold - 1992 Astro Van CS Sky Blue Stock
Sold - 1994 Excel 2DR HB Teal First Car

Any body panels on the front half of the car have been damaged. I am keeping it for a parts car for a bit so if there's something someone is in need of they can let me know. I'm not keeping it forever...maybe just until spring.

I will look into &quot;fixing&quot; the vents...thanks for the suggestion.
Welcome.
Great, another Kemptvillian... :rolleyes:

Welcome to the club! You may have seen me around, a Silver 2000 sedan with tint, ZX3 side skirts, and louder MBRP exhaust.

Welcome!
Ryan and the Silver Sedan
++++++++++++++++++++++++
2008 Mazda5 GS/Copper Red Mica/2.3 MZR 5AT/22% Tint
[Image: 49951.png]
2011 Ford F150 FX4 Supercrew/Race Red/3.5 TT EcoBoost
I dont mean to Hijack this but Relridge my black focus now has an exhaust :P so you will hear me before you see me now :P
2002 Ford Focus SE
2.0L DOHC
slammed on Eibach sportline
Haha... having Bubbles on your Avatar is priceless :)))

Gotta give you props for that :P

Love Trailer Park Boys...
malim,Aug 23 2008, 02:22 AM Wrote:Haha... having Bubbles on your Avatar is priceless :)))

Gotta give you props for that :P

Love Trailer Park Boys...
[right][snapback]270938[/snapback][/right]

According to my uncle I am related to the guy who plays Bubbles. Distant cousin. He is from Country Harbour in NS and is a Smith and My family is also Smith on my mom's side from Country Harbour. It's not a big town and if my uncle says so...I believe him.