FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Speeding Ticket
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well it has been about 10 years since my last speeding ticket ( long overdue?) I was going into work early on Wednesday (around 4am) driving through the small town of Binbrook and the limit drops from 80 to 60 and as luck would have it there was a cop shooting radar. I was costing through instead of using my brakes and when it was to late I noticed the cop, Isn't 4am a little early for this sh#t? Well long story short I got a ticket and I guess I was lucky because he reduced it to 15 over (instead of 32) I think I should slow down abit, its only work.
Fight it if you can, 50/50 chance the cop may show to court.
If its a OPP he'll show if its Reginal then that is a 50/50 chance good luck my friend.
For $50 and no points I'll leave it, if it was points i'd fight it.
Canadian ST,Aug 8 2008, 05:37 PM Wrote:For $50 and no points I'll leave it, if it was points i'd fight it.
[right][snapback]270139[/snapback][/right]
well it'll be probaly about 75 when they add the public residential fees and it still shows as a minor on ur insurance but its up to you.
if he already droppped it I would jsut let it go or you may get a flag on your name lOL
DD1,Aug 8 2008, 07:54 PM Wrote:if he already droppped it I would jsut let it go or you may get a flag on your name lOL
[right][snapback]270142[/snapback][/right]

Thats true, its only a $50 ticket he already dropped. the cop was more then fair, I didn't know they could flag you for traffic tickets? :ph34r:
Scorcher000,Aug 8 2008, 07:13 PM Wrote:
Canadian ST,Aug 8 2008, 05:37 PM Wrote:For $50 and no points I'll leave it, if it was points i'd fight it.
well it'll be probaly about 75 when they add the public residential fees and it still shows as a minor on ur insurance but its up to you.
[right][snapback]270140[/snapback][/right]

When is your insurance due to renew? You should think about fighting it at least to the point where you get past your next insurance renewal ... go for a remand or two until such time as your next policy kicks in, then simply plead guilty at that point.
ZTWsquared,Aug 8 2008, 09:53 PM Wrote:
Scorcher000,Aug 8 2008, 07:13 PM Wrote:
[right][snapback]270140[/snapback][/right]

When is your insurance due to renew? You should think about fighting it at least to the point where you get past your next insurance renewal ... go for a remand or two until such time as your next policy kicks in, then simply plead guilty at that point.
[right][snapback]270152[/snapback][/right]

I didn't think my insurance would go up if I didn't get points?
It depends on your carrier, bud. They all have massively different rules. My carrier even offers me one accident, no increases due to my record.
NOS2Go4Me,Aug 9 2008, 05:24 PM Wrote:It depends on your carrier, bud. They all have massively different rules. My carrier even offers me one accident, no increases due to my record.
[right][snapback]270182[/snapback][/right]

Everyone insurance goes up, it's to do with the ppl that they insure. If they have alot of pay outs the company has to increase to make up for losses. And yes ur insurance incresases even without points and they even know if you get a warning in the mail for agressive driving, suprise suprise. They know how many times you did your drivng tests and anything else that is on your record.
NOS2Go4Me,Aug 9 2008, 06:24 PM Wrote:It depends on your carrier, bud. They all have massively different rules. My carrier even offers me one accident, no increases due to my record.
Yes, forgiven but not forgotten. The accident is still in your file for seven years, and if you get another accident your rate increases to what you would pay with both accidents. So make sure that the one you claim as your forgiveness one is worth it. When my wife smacked up the Taurus we didn;t bother to get it fixed -- the $2200 claim wasn't wortk the blemish on our pristine records.
^^ Good point Sparky!

I just plan on not ever wrecking again! :P
Scorcher000,Aug 9 2008, 05:55 PM Wrote:
NOS2Go4Me,Aug 9 2008, 05:24 PM Wrote:It depends on your carrier, bud. They all have massively different rules. My carrier even offers me one accident, no increases due to my record.

Everyone insurance goes up, it's to do with the ppl that they insure. If they have alot of pay outs the company has to increase to make up for losses. And yes ur insurance incresases even without points and they even know if you get a warning in the mail for agressive driving, suprise suprise. They know how many times you did your drivng tests and anything else that is on your record.
[right][snapback]270183[/snapback][/right]

My wife was at fault, but the circumstances of the accident and points caused her insurance company to leave her alone, even after paying $6800 in repairs. Where do you get any of your info? Yep, I'm nosy :)
The wife got a ticket in the wrx on Sunday on our way to Niagara Falls. We thought we were in a 100, and were going 118. It was a 80!

But of course...she's a girl...gets reduced to 15 over, no points. Wonder why they have lower insurance rates!?! lol. both times she's been pulled over for speeding and both reduced.
Flofocus,Aug 12 2008, 12:05 AM Wrote:But of course...she's a girl...gets reduced to 15 over, no points.  Wonder why they have lower insurance rates!?!
[right][snapback]270283[/snapback][/right]

I never associated the two until now. Makes sense. :rolleyes:
Flofocus,Aug 12 2008, 12:05 AM Wrote:The wife got a ticket in the wrx on Sunday on our way to Niagara Falls.  We thought we were in a 100, and were going 118.  It was a 80! 

But of course...she's a girl...gets reduced to 15 over, no points.  Wonder why they have lower insurance rates!?!  lol.  both times she's been pulled over for speeding and both reduced.
[right][snapback]270283[/snapback][/right]

If your wife had to give a breathalizer test, the cop would owe you money...

Well I should have fought the ticket. My insurance just went up big time.
It went from $130 to $180 a month, It should drop in acouple of years though.
Wow thats pretty good, wanna trade lifes?
750 per month. State farm.
$750/month, my lord, even with 3 speeding tickets in 3 years, i still only paid $170/month.
You need to find another carrier, try Hallmark BRB, that's who I got insurance through when no one would insure me because of those tickets.
Pages: 1 2