Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Speeding Ticket
Well it has been about 10 years since my last speeding ticket ( long overdue?) I was going into work early on Wednesday (around 4am) driving through the small town of Binbrook and the limit drops from 80 to 60 and as luck would have it there was a cop shooting radar. I was costing through instead of using my brakes and when it was to late I noticed the cop, Isn't 4am a little early for this sh#t? Well long story short I got a ticket and I guess I was lucky because he reduced it to 15 over (instead of 32) I think I should slow down abit, its only work.
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
Fight it if you can, 50/50 chance the cop may show to court.
If its a OPP he'll show if its Reginal then that is a 50/50 chance good luck my friend.
Currently - 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4X4 Work Truck. Needs a Super Charger
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified
Sold - 1992 Astro Van CS Sky Blue Stock
Sold - 1994 Excel 2DR HB Teal First Car

For $50 and no points I'll leave it, if it was points i'd fight it.
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
Canadian ST,Aug 8 2008, 05:37 PM Wrote:For $50 and no points I'll leave it, if it was points i'd fight it.
[right][snapback]270139[/snapback][/right]
well it'll be probaly about 75 when they add the public residential fees and it still shows as a minor on ur insurance but its up to you.
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified

if he already droppped it I would jsut let it go or you may get a flag on your name lOL
DD1,Aug 8 2008, 07:54 PM Wrote:if he already droppped it I would jsut let it go or you may get a flag on your name lOL
[right][snapback]270142[/snapback][/right]

Thats true, its only a $50 ticket he already dropped. the cop was more then fair, I didn't know they could flag you for traffic tickets? :ph34r:
Scorcher000,Aug 8 2008, 07:13 PM Wrote:
Canadian ST,Aug 8 2008, 05:37 PM Wrote:For $50 and no points I'll leave it, if it was points i'd fight it.
well it'll be probaly about 75 when they add the public residential fees and it still shows as a minor on ur insurance but its up to you.
[right][snapback]270140[/snapback][/right]

When is your insurance due to renew? You should think about fighting it at least to the point where you get past your next insurance renewal ... go for a remand or two until such time as your next policy kicks in, then simply plead guilty at that point.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
ZTWsquared,Aug 8 2008, 09:53 PM Wrote:
Scorcher000,Aug 8 2008, 07:13 PM Wrote:
[right][snapback]270140[/snapback][/right]

When is your insurance due to renew? You should think about fighting it at least to the point where you get past your next insurance renewal ... go for a remand or two until such time as your next policy kicks in, then simply plead guilty at that point.
[right][snapback]270152[/snapback][/right]

I didn't think my insurance would go up if I didn't get points?
It depends on your carrier, bud. They all have massively different rules. My carrier even offers me one accident, no increases due to my record.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
NOS2Go4Me,Aug 9 2008, 05:24 PM Wrote:It depends on your carrier, bud. They all have massively different rules. My carrier even offers me one accident, no increases due to my record.
[right][snapback]270182[/snapback][/right]

Everyone insurance goes up, it's to do with the ppl that they insure. If they have alot of pay outs the company has to increase to make up for losses. And yes ur insurance incresases even without points and they even know if you get a warning in the mail for agressive driving, suprise suprise. They know how many times you did your drivng tests and anything else that is on your record.

NOS2Go4Me,Aug 9 2008, 06:24 PM Wrote:It depends on your carrier, bud. They all have massively different rules. My carrier even offers me one accident, no increases due to my record.
Yes, forgiven but not forgotten. The accident is still in your file for seven years, and if you get another accident your rate increases to what you would pay with both accidents. So make sure that the one you claim as your forgiveness one is worth it. When my wife smacked up the Taurus we didn;t bother to get it fixed -- the $2200 claim wasn't wortk the blemish on our pristine records.
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
^^ Good point Sparky!

I just plan on not ever wrecking again! :P
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Scorcher000,Aug 9 2008, 05:55 PM Wrote:
NOS2Go4Me,Aug 9 2008, 05:24 PM Wrote:It depends on your carrier, bud. They all have massively different rules. My carrier even offers me one accident, no increases due to my record.

Everyone insurance goes up, it's to do with the ppl that they insure. If they have alot of pay outs the company has to increase to make up for losses. And yes ur insurance incresases even without points and they even know if you get a warning in the mail for agressive driving, suprise suprise. They know how many times you did your drivng tests and anything else that is on your record.
[right][snapback]270183[/snapback][/right]

My wife was at fault, but the circumstances of the accident and points caused her insurance company to leave her alone, even after paying $6800 in repairs. Where do you get any of your info? Yep, I'm nosy :)
Old enough to know me limit, yet young enough to exceed it.
The wife got a ticket in the wrx on Sunday on our way to Niagara Falls. We thought we were in a 100, and were going 118. It was a 80!

But of course...she's a girl...gets reduced to 15 over, no points. Wonder why they have lower insurance rates!?! lol. both times she's been pulled over for speeding and both reduced.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Flofocus,Aug 12 2008, 12:05 AM Wrote:But of course...she's a girl...gets reduced to 15 over, no points.&nbsp; Wonder why they have lower insurance rates!?!
[right][snapback]270283[/snapback][/right]

I never associated the two until now. Makes sense. :rolleyes:
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
Flofocus,Aug 12 2008, 12:05 AM Wrote:The wife got a ticket in the wrx on Sunday on our way to Niagara Falls.&nbsp; We thought we were in a 100, and were going 118.&nbsp; It was a 80!&nbsp;

But of course...she's a girl...gets reduced to 15 over, no points.&nbsp; Wonder why they have lower insurance rates!?!&nbsp; lol.&nbsp; both times she's been pulled over for speeding and both reduced.
[right][snapback]270283[/snapback][/right]

If your wife had to give a breathalizer test, the cop would owe you money...

Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

Well I should have fought the ticket. My insurance just went up big time.
It went from $130 to $180 a month, It should drop in acouple of years though.
Wow thats pretty good, wanna trade lifes?
750 per month. State farm.

$750/month, my lord, even with 3 speeding tickets in 3 years, i still only paid $170/month.
You need to find another carrier, try Hallmark BRB, that's who I got insurance through when no one would insure me because of those tickets.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Speeding Ticket cornflakes 16 4,531 06-12-2007, 02:07 PM
Last Post: cornflakes
  Speeding Ticket Sundown 20 5,400 11-14-2006, 12:31 PM
Last Post: paolo