FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Svtf Noise
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok heres the problem, there is a noise coming from the drivers side, it sounds like a pump turning on and off really quickly but I don't think that is that. In the video you can hear it pretty clearly, its a noise that just showed up out of nowhere tonight.

Is there any way that you can remove the accessory belt and see if the noise goes away?
I remember on my old '83 mustang, I had a faulty egr pump pully that did something like this.
I'll continue Gravter's train of thought - it definitely sounds like:

- a baffed bearing pack on a rotating spindle/axle (just about any pulley on your belt)

- a skipping / slipping belt (catching and slipping repeatedly)

But it could be something more than that... the noise is quite overwhelming on the audio portion of the feed... is it physically affecting the motor's idle / cadence? If so, that's one hell of a baffed bearing / bearing pack. It could be something much worse than a pulley part.

Do you have a CEL? Any loss in power or response anywhere at all in the motor's rev range? Funny smoke / odd smells?
the accessory drive is the opposite side of the noise, so i was doubting that as the problem.

I'm thinking that its the Intake manifold runner control box that is making that noise, so that would have to be replaced. Also have to check the DSI clip to make sure its not broken.

There is a problem with the accessory drive when driving, I'm going to check it out when I have time on monday. Might just replace the belt.

There was no CEL and no smoke or smells.
Sounds like DSI clip I had that problem on my SVT