Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Svtf Noise
Ok heres the problem, there is a noise coming from the drivers side, it sounds like a pump turning on and off really quickly but I don't think that is that. In the video you can hear it pretty clearly, its a noise that just showed up out of nowhere tonight.

'03 Focus SVT
Is there any way that you can remove the accessory belt and see if the noise goes away?
I remember on my old '83 mustang, I had a faulty egr pump pully that did something like this.
2007 CD Silver ST  **** FOR SALE ****
2014 Performance Blue ST  **** SOLD ****

2016 Ford Edge Sport Shadow Black
I'll continue Gravter's train of thought - it definitely sounds like:

- a baffed bearing pack on a rotating spindle/axle (just about any pulley on your belt)

- a skipping / slipping belt (catching and slipping repeatedly)

But it could be something more than that... the noise is quite overwhelming on the audio portion of the feed... is it physically affecting the motor's idle / cadence? If so, that's one hell of a baffed bearing / bearing pack. It could be something much worse than a pulley part.

Do you have a CEL? Any loss in power or response anywhere at all in the motor's rev range? Funny smoke / odd smells?
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
the accessory drive is the opposite side of the noise, so i was doubting that as the problem.

I'm thinking that its the Intake manifold runner control box that is making that noise, so that would have to be replaced. Also have to check the DSI clip to make sure its not broken.

There is a problem with the accessory drive when driving, I'm going to check it out when I have time on monday. Might just replace the belt.

There was no CEL and no smoke or smells.
'03 Focus SVT
Sounds like DSI clip I had that problem on my SVT
E.O Masiv!
New look for the summer
SVT ZX5 Focus Build#56 01/29/2003
I think there is something wrong with my car, every time I shift I hear Psssst noise?
Looking to get 25-30psi with a Procharger

[Image: style7,TikEtZ.png]