FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Ford Flex Road Test
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Saw my first one "in the flesh" at Dixie Ford last night. Brown with white roof. Nice looking piece, not tall by any strech but long as heck :blink:

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Jul 18 2008, 09:19 AM Wrote:Saw my first one "in the flesh" at Dixie Ford last night.  Brown with white roof.  Nice looking piece, not tall by any strech but long as heck :blink:

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]268962[/snapback][/right]
Yep, at 6'4" I can see over it no problem. Sparky may need a lift though. :P
CanadaSVT,Jul 18 2008, 10:22 AM Wrote:Yep, at 6'4" I can see over it no problem.  Sparky may need a lift though.  :P
[right][snapback]268963[/snapback][/right]
Bastard.

In response, I would normally point out that the Flex also has "wide and accomodating seat cushions" but I'm too classy for that.

:unsure:

:lol:
where are they building Flex cars? and whats the price tag on them?
NikiterZTS,Jul 18 2008, 10:41 AM Wrote:where are they building Flex cars?  and whats the price tag on them?
[right][snapback]268969[/snapback][/right]

Oakville and as for prices, all I know for sure is that if you load it up to teh nines you're easily over $40K :ph34r:

NefCanuck
meeh....id reither have the pimp Escallade for that money

sorry Ford
NikiterZTS,Jul 18 2008, 10:53 AM Wrote:meeh....id reither have the pimp Escallade for that money

sorry Ford
[right][snapback]268973[/snapback][/right]

and pay the Escalade's gas bill? (Not to mention having all the p0s3rs & pimpst3rs trying to rip off your wheels? No thanks, I like my car to remain my car :P

NefCanuck
if i can afford Esscallade i think i could afford the gas for it, don't ya think?

i don't think they still just rims....natives around KW usually take the whole truck and take it to 6 Nations by Bramford to strip it down.....oh well at least its an awesome looking truck....Escallade > family minivan/truck or whatever that Flex thing is
my buddy has extended version of Escallade with 24's and lambo door and that thing is just mean looking machine....mad pimpim y0
NikiterZTS,Jul 18 2008, 11:53 AM Wrote:meeh....id reither have the pimp Escallade for that money

sorry Ford
Seeing you're not in the market for either we'll forgive you, lol.

The Escalade gets 13/17 MPG city/hiway (14 combined) and requires premium. It has a 13.2 ton greenhouse gas footprint, is almost the worst in its class. The Flex gets 17/24 MPG city/hiway (19 combined) and takes regular and has a 9.6 ton foorprint. The best in its class.

The difference is $7.70 vs $5.37 fuel cost for every 25 miles driven.

http://www.fueleconomy.gov/

The Flex isn't aimed at rapper wannabes, it's aimed at people that need seating for seven and their gear and don't want to be seen driving around in a minivan.
aahh alright Ford fan boys :lol: :rolleyes:
NikiterZTS,Jul 18 2008, 12:17 PM Wrote:aahh alright Ford fan boys  :lol:  :rolleyes:
[right][snapback]268979[/snapback][/right]
It's not about being a fanboy. Being a "family man", the last thing I want to piss away tons of my money buying gas for an offroader that will never see offroad, just so people would mistake me for Eminem.

And believe me, I can afford an Escalade, if I wanted one. I don't want one (even remotely), or a Flex for that matter. If I was going to spend that money, I'd be getting a Shelby. It would be way more fun.
NikiterZTS,Jul 18 2008, 10:53 AM Wrote:meeh....id reither have the pimp Escallade for that money

sorry Ford

For that money it would have to be a very used Escalade as a new one starts at over $76K. And if you were going to spend that much I'm sure you'd be able to afford the ESV version that starts at only $85K.

Apples and oranges ........... <_<
I saw a Black on Black(roof) today and thought they look pretty sick...

With drop and some bling rims.... i'd have no trouble rolling in one of those LOL

Kinda looks like a stretched xB ?
NikiterZTS,Jul 18 2008, 12:07 PM Wrote:if i can afford Esscallade i think i could afford the gas for it, don't ya think?

i don't think they still just rims....natives around KW usually take the whole truck and take it to 6 Nations by Bramford to strip it down.....oh well at least its an awesome looking truck....Escallade > family minivan/truck or whatever that Flex thing is
my buddy has extended version of Escallade with 24's and lambo  door and that thing is just mean looking machine....mad pimpim y0
[right][snapback]268977[/snapback][/right]

the thing about the Escalades, is no matter what year you get, they all have that really really cheap interior that beg the question "I paid how much?" and after driving many of them at work I will openly admit that you can get a better quality interior in a caviler / cobalt, not to mention a higher resale value for that matter.. as even GM is selling them below $10,000 in most cases.
OAC_Sparky,Jul 18 2008, 04:13 PM Wrote:The Flex isn't aimed at rapper wannabes, it's aimed at people that need seating for seven and their gear and don't want to be seen driving around in a minivan.
[right][snapback]268978[/snapback][/right]

Ha! give it time :)

I think its going to be better then any other rapper mobile out there. Its got style and space. The square design makes it very easy for flat screens and speakers. Plus Funkmaster has already started customizing these.

[Image: PHOTO_640864_3898_262169_main.jpg]
I've seen the Funkmaster Flex. But again, that's not the crowd that the Flex is "aimed for". But it doesn't hurt to shed the "soccer mom minivan" image.
FUNK MASTER FLEX.

[Image: flex2.jpg]

FOOSE:

[Image: FooseFlex_01_HR_(544x408).jpg]

I'd still roll in Foose's first. :P
yeah i like the Foose lot better as well.
The Flex starts just under $40 and the Escallade starts at $77,000. Yeah that's in the same price point and category Nik.

Pages: 1 2 3