FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Dyno Day Interest?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I don't see anyone putting anything together for a dyno day is there any interest to put one together this year. If yes where would you like to have it. Personally I like Magnus Motorsports just becasue they have a great 4wd dyno and its seperate from there shop so we can have it any time on any day we just need to book it. What do you guys think if i do set this up i will need preauthorized payment via paypal or cash for confirmation. Prices will be around $50 for 2 pulls. If there is enough interest i will see what days are available if there isn't enough interest i can inform you guys when Magnus has there dyno days
Ah, saw the location of the places in your poll but the poll doesn't come up when you first check on the topic, you may want to let people know where the locations are (or point them to the poll)

The fact that Magnus has a 4wd dyno certainly piques mine, since the Fusion is AWD and I don't know if an AWD car can use a single axle dyno :unsure:

NefCanuck
For 50 bucks I'm interested - I voted woodbridge.
I'm so in
Scorcher000,Jun 12 2008, 10:23 AM Wrote:I'm so in
[right][snapback]266662[/snapback][/right]

I'm in, I voted for oakville but milton (steeda) is even better.
ok i voted DaSilva but then read your post Andrew....$50 sounds good....but i'll be a big maybe
NefCanuck,Jun 12 2008, 06:44 AM Wrote:Ah, saw the location of the places in your poll but the poll doesn't come up when you first check on the topic, you may want to let people know where the locations are (or point them to the poll)

The fact that Magnus has a 4wd dyno certainly piques mine, since the Fusion is AWD and I don't know if an AWD car can use a single axle dyno :unsure:

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]266651[/snapback][/right]

no a 4wd Car can not dyno on a single axel dyno as for the poll im not sure how it came up for you it looks ok from my end if the mods want to change it that would be cool but it loks good to me
ZX3_2NV,Jun 12 2008, 12:19 PM Wrote:
NefCanuck,Jun 12 2008, 06:44 AM Wrote:Ah, saw the location of the places in your poll but the poll doesn't come up when you first check on the topic, you may want to let people know where the locations are (or point them to the poll)

NefCanuck

no a 4wd Car can not dyno on a single axel dyno as for the poll im not sure how it came up for you it looks ok from my end if the mods want to change it that would be cool but it loks good to me
[right][snapback]266670[/snapback][/right]

not entirely true, They can dyno, but it wont be $50 as the labour to set it up would be over an hour...

I've seen awd tsi's dyno on 2wd dyno's, they disconnect something in the tranny area and make it so only 2 wheels are going....not exactly sure what they did though.
^^ i've read that they had to do the same thing to the Evo in Tokyo drift so it can drift better y0!
Flofocus,Jun 12 2008, 05:03 PM Wrote:not entirely true, They can dyno, but it wont be $50 as the labour to set it up would be over an hour...

I've seen awd tsi's dyno on 2wd dyno's, they disconnect something in the tranny area and make it so only 2 wheels are going....not exactly sure what they did though.
[right][snapback]266672[/snapback][/right]

most likely they disconnected the driveshaft. i wonder if the tune obtained that way is still valid... i imagine throttle position, rpm and load would look different when running in fwd w/o the driveshaft or awd.

also, when they dyno make sure they use the proper tow points to tie the car down, and not the vehicle's suspension... basic stuff i'm sure to frequent dyno users but i've been reading a lot of treads on a 3 series forum of ppl breaking control arms from improper dyno tie downs

driveshaft... that was teh word I was looking for! :lol:

Its not my fault, I'm french calise.
Flofocus,Jun 12 2008, 12:03 PM Wrote:
ZX3_2NV,Jun 12 2008, 12:19 PM Wrote:

NefCanuck

[right][snapback]266670[/snapback][/right]

not entirely true, They can dyno, but it wont be $50 as the labour to set it up would be over an hour...

[right][snapback]266672[/snapback][/right]

Hrm, not sure I would go for that (Besides, I don't think that the Fusion's system is of a mechanical nature but is electronic to a great degree, meaning that little "trick" isn't likely to succeed is it? :unsure:)

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Jun 12 2008, 08:01 PM Wrote:Hrm, not sure I would go for that (Besides, I don't think that the Fusion's system is of a mechanical nature but is electronic to a great degree, meaning that little "trick" isn't likely to succeed is it? :unsure:)

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]266693[/snapback][/right]

actually the fact it is electric could make it much easier. on some auto AWD subarus that use a similar AWD setup as your car there is a fuse you can pull to force the car to be FWD. maybe your fusion has something similar.

basically you just want the car to ignore the speed difference between front and rear wheel and not engage the clutches that send power to the rear wheels

EDIT: nef if your car is stock and you want a baseline skip the dyno and go to a drag strip and get some time slips. at the end of the day that's what really matters right? not how much power the machine shows (which can be totally wrong and will differ from machine to machine) but how much power it gets to the ground in the real world when you want to go fast
why not? id love to know the base whp
im down, i voted woodbridge because its the closest.
I will be there for the dyno count me in
So have you figured out what place. Also what time would this be happeing at cause if we have a lot of ppl that want to do it, it might be wise to have in the morning. But thats my thought, its up to you for setting it up. And how would the payment work too.
naz,Jun 12 2008, 03:29 PM Wrote:
NefCanuck,Jun 12 2008, 08:01 PM Wrote:Hrm, not sure I would go for that (Besides, I don't think that the Fusion's system is of a mechanical nature but is electronic to a great degree, meaning that little "trick" isn't likely to succeed is it? :unsure:)

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]266693[/snapback][/right]

actually the fact it is electric could make it much easier. on some auto AWD subarus that use a similar AWD setup as your car there is a fuse you can pull to force the car to be FWD. maybe your fusion has something similar.

basically you just want the car to ignore the speed difference between front and rear wheel and not engage the clutches that send power to the rear wheels

EDIT: nef if your car is stock and you want a baseline skip the dyno and go to a drag strip and get some time slips. at the end of the day that's what really matters right? not how much power the machine shows (which can be totally wrong and will differ from machine to machine) but how much power it gets to the ground in the real world when you want to go fast
[right][snapback]266699[/snapback][/right]

There is that yeah, I know that there is a fair amount of, I don't want to say a negative word like "contreversy" but "debate" about the merits of various dynos & set ups.

I'm also attending the SVTOA on track in July (With maybe 5K on the odometer so I'll be taking it REAL gentle :ph34r:) though it's a good, safe environment to learn what the car will do in an emergency situation.

NefCanuck
Im down count me in and give us a date :)
ok looks like ill contact Magnus and see what days they have available
Pages: 1 2