Poll:
This poll is closed.
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dyno Day Interest?
I don't see anyone putting anything together for a dyno day is there any interest to put one together this year. If yes where would you like to have it. Personally I like Magnus Motorsports just becasue they have a great 4wd dyno and its seperate from there shop so we can have it any time on any day we just need to book it. What do you guys think if i do set this up i will need preauthorized payment via paypal or cash for confirmation. Prices will be around $50 for 2 pulls. If there is enough interest i will see what days are available if there isn't enough interest i can inform you guys when Magnus has there dyno days
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 - Daily Driver
2008 Lincoln MKX Limited Edition - Grocery Getter
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600 - Rode and Sold
2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade - Offroaded and Sold
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X - R.I.P. Electrical Fire
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 - Traded in Now DrunkinMonkeys Car
2003 Ford Taurus Wagon - Inherited Drove and Sold
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 Turbo - Award Winning 336 WHP - Parted and Scraped
1990 Ford Festiva - My 1st Car

[Image: ZX3PixelCarEngineVIEW.png]
Ah, saw the location of the places in your poll but the poll doesn't come up when you first check on the topic, you may want to let people know where the locations are (or point them to the poll)

The fact that Magnus has a 4wd dyno certainly piques mine, since the Fusion is AWD and I don't know if an AWD car can use a single axle dyno :unsure:

NefCanuck
For 50 bucks I'm interested - I voted woodbridge.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
I'm so in
Currently - 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4X4 Work Truck. Needs a Super Charger
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified
Sold - 1992 Astro Van CS Sky Blue Stock
Sold - 1994 Excel 2DR HB Teal First Car

Scorcher000,Jun 12 2008, 10:23 AM Wrote:I'm so in
[right][snapback]266662[/snapback][/right]

I'm in, I voted for oakville but milton (steeda) is even better.
ok i voted DaSilva but then read your post Andrew....$50 sounds good....but i'll be a big maybe
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
NefCanuck,Jun 12 2008, 06:44 AM Wrote:Ah, saw the location of the places in your poll but the poll doesn't come up when you first check on the topic, you may want to let people know where the locations are (or point them to the poll)

The fact that Magnus has a 4wd dyno certainly piques mine, since the Fusion is AWD and I don't know if an AWD car can use a single axle dyno :unsure:

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]266651[/snapback][/right]

no a 4wd Car can not dyno on a single axel dyno as for the poll im not sure how it came up for you it looks ok from my end if the mods want to change it that would be cool but it loks good to me
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

2007 Suzuki GSXR 600 - Rode and Sold
2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade - Offroaded and Sold
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X - R.I.P. Electrical Fire
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 - Traded in Now DrunkinMonkeys Car
2003 Ford Taurus Wagon - Inherited Drove and Sold
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 Turbo - Award Winning 336 WHP - Parted and Scraped
1990 Ford Festiva - My 1st Car

[Image: ZX3PixelCarEngineVIEW.png]
ZX3_2NV,Jun 12 2008, 12:19 PM Wrote:
NefCanuck,Jun 12 2008, 06:44 AM Wrote:Ah, saw the location of the places in your poll but the poll doesn't come up when you first check on the topic, you may want to let people know where the locations are (or point them to the poll)

NefCanuck

no a 4wd Car can not dyno on a single axel dyno as for the poll im not sure how it came up for you it looks ok from my end if the mods want to change it that would be cool but it loks good to me
[right][snapback]266670[/snapback][/right]

not entirely true, They can dyno, but it wont be $50 as the labour to set it up would be over an hour...

I've seen awd tsi's dyno on 2wd dyno's, they disconnect something in the tranny area and make it so only 2 wheels are going....not exactly sure what they did though.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
^^ i've read that they had to do the same thing to the Evo in Tokyo drift so it can drift better y0!
125whp/129wtq
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
Flofocus,Jun 12 2008, 05:03 PM Wrote:not entirely true, They can dyno, but it wont be $50 as the labour to set it up would be over an hour...

I've seen awd tsi's dyno on 2wd dyno's, they disconnect something in the tranny area and make it so only 2 wheels are going....not exactly sure what they did though.
[right][snapback]266672[/snapback][/right]

most likely they disconnected the driveshaft. i wonder if the tune obtained that way is still valid... i imagine throttle position, rpm and load would look different when running in fwd w/o the driveshaft or awd.

also, when they dyno make sure they use the proper tow points to tie the car down, and not the vehicle's suspension... basic stuff i'm sure to frequent dyno users but i've been reading a lot of treads on a 3 series forum of ppl breaking control arms from improper dyno tie downs

driveshaft... that was teh word I was looking for! :lol:

Its not my fault, I'm french calise.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Flofocus,Jun 12 2008, 12:03 PM Wrote:
ZX3_2NV,Jun 12 2008, 12:19 PM Wrote:

NefCanuck

[right][snapback]266670[/snapback][/right]

not entirely true, They can dyno, but it wont be $50 as the labour to set it up would be over an hour...

[right][snapback]266672[/snapback][/right]

Hrm, not sure I would go for that (Besides, I don't think that the Fusion's system is of a mechanical nature but is electronic to a great degree, meaning that little &quot;trick&quot; isn't likely to succeed is it? :unsure:)

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Jun 12 2008, 08:01 PM Wrote:Hrm, not sure I would go for that (Besides, I don't think that the Fusion's system is of a mechanical nature but is electronic to a great degree, meaning that little &quot;trick&quot; isn't likely to succeed is it? :unsure:)

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]266693[/snapback][/right]

actually the fact it is electric could make it much easier. on some auto AWD subarus that use a similar AWD setup as your car there is a fuse you can pull to force the car to be FWD. maybe your fusion has something similar.

basically you just want the car to ignore the speed difference between front and rear wheel and not engage the clutches that send power to the rear wheels

EDIT: nef if your car is stock and you want a baseline skip the dyno and go to a drag strip and get some time slips. at the end of the day that's what really matters right? not how much power the machine shows (which can be totally wrong and will differ from machine to machine) but how much power it gets to the ground in the real world when you want to go fast
why not? id love to know the base whp
125whp/129wtq
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
im down, i voted woodbridge because its the closest.
Little bit of show, little bit of go.
I will be there for the dyno count me in
E.O Masiv!
New look for the summer
SVT ZX5 Focus Build#56 01/29/2003
I think there is something wrong with my car, every time I shift I hear Psssst noise?
Looking to get 25-30psi with a Procharger

[Image: style7,TikEtZ.png]
So have you figured out what place. Also what time would this be happeing at cause if we have a lot of ppl that want to do it, it might be wise to have in the morning. But thats my thought, its up to you for setting it up. And how would the payment work too.
Currently - 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4X4 Work Truck. Needs a Super Charger
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified
Sold - 1992 Astro Van CS Sky Blue Stock
Sold - 1994 Excel 2DR HB Teal First Car

naz,Jun 12 2008, 03:29 PM Wrote:
NefCanuck,Jun 12 2008, 08:01 PM Wrote:Hrm, not sure I would go for that (Besides, I don't think that the Fusion's system is of a mechanical nature but is electronic to a great degree, meaning that little &quot;trick&quot; isn't likely to succeed is it? :unsure:)

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]266693[/snapback][/right]

actually the fact it is electric could make it much easier. on some auto AWD subarus that use a similar AWD setup as your car there is a fuse you can pull to force the car to be FWD. maybe your fusion has something similar.

basically you just want the car to ignore the speed difference between front and rear wheel and not engage the clutches that send power to the rear wheels

EDIT: nef if your car is stock and you want a baseline skip the dyno and go to a drag strip and get some time slips. at the end of the day that's what really matters right? not how much power the machine shows (which can be totally wrong and will differ from machine to machine) but how much power it gets to the ground in the real world when you want to go fast
[right][snapback]266699[/snapback][/right]

There is that yeah, I know that there is a fair amount of, I don't want to say a negative word like &quot;contreversy&quot; but &quot;debate&quot; about the merits of various dynos &amp; set ups.

I'm also attending the SVTOA on track in July (With maybe 5K on the odometer so I'll be taking it REAL gentle :ph34r:) though it's a good, safe environment to learn what the car will do in an emergency situation.

NefCanuck
Im down count me in and give us a date :)
2004 Ford Focus ZX5 MTX75 - Liquid Grey -

15.7 @ 86mph

1994 Pontiac Trans AM 25th Anniversary 6 spd -

12.3 @ 110mph

2013 Ford Focus ST - Oxford White

1/4 TBD
[Image: image,Burnin1,black,blue.png]
ok looks like ill contact Magnus and see what days they have available
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain