FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Gratuitous Ford Gt Pics
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So I went for my oilchange this morning, and the dealership owner's GT was just coming out of storage...

nice to get some pics without a velvet rope around the car...

[Image: DSC00024.jpg]
[Image: DSC00025.jpg]
[Image: DSC00026.jpg]
[Image: DSC00027.jpg]
[Image: DSC00028.jpg]
[Image: DSC00029.jpg]

and proof that EVO X's are in Ontario...

[Image: DSC00023.jpg]
Damn that GT is ugly.
Am I the only person on this planet that is NOT attracted to that car at all?
That wouldn't be Donway Ford would it? Nice Colours, including stripes :lol:
ANTHONYD,May 7 2008, 11:16 AM Wrote:Damn that GT is ugly.
[right][snapback]263765[/snapback][/right]

possibly!

But attractiveness is subjective, and if it weren't, who'd sleep with all the ugos?
oldeguy,May 7 2008, 11:22 AM Wrote:That wouldn't be Donway Ford would it? Nice Colours, including stripes :lol:
[right][snapback]263768[/snapback][/right]

yes, you're correct. Rhumor has it the driver of that car may be riding the clutch a bit much....
I love the GT. Pure sex.
nice GT! though i can probably go faster with my SPI ahhahha :D

nice pics btw!
ANTHONYD,May 7 2008, 11:16 AM Wrote:Damn that GT is ugly.
[right][snapback]263765[/snapback][/right]

Like the Mustang, it's a retro-style. Trying to bring back the good ol' days of Ford Racing. I don't like the rear bumper, otherwise, being an olde guy, it reminds me of my much younger days..........................
oldeguy,May 7 2008, 12:28 PM Wrote:Like the Mustang, it's a retro-style. Trying to bring back the good ol' days of Ford Racing. I don't like the rear bumper, otherwise, being an olde guy, it reminds me of my much younger days..........................
[right][snapback]263782[/snapback][/right]

that bumper is to meet the canadian safety standards. So you can park your GT in markham and only have to deal with paint scrapes.

A lot of guys in Canada have been pulling that bumper off tho.

BTW... I should have taken a picture of the EVO's rear bumper so you can see what they did to make it Canadian-compliant....
that's a cool car!!

so what did they do to the evo
naz,May 7 2008, 01:00 PM Wrote:that's a cool car!!

so what did they do to the evo
[right][snapback]263792[/snapback][/right]

They've added a big plastic piece to the back of the bumper.... let me see if I can find a pic...

ah..here we go.. the gray piece comes out a good inch or more from the rear bumper and is meant to take the blow of a rear impact at low speed without damaging anything..

[Image: LancerEvolutionX_rear3.jpg]

not sure the pic gives a good sense of scale, but it sticks out pretty far when you see it in real life... it's like a second bumper, like the GT's.
its kind of a good idea.. so in tight parking that plastic piece takes the hit instead of the paint

so what do they do with the 3 series in canada? both my car and my friend's car would take a $erious hit in a low speed collision.. there isn't much bumper there

[Image: DSCF1448.jpg]
It's a nice little lip that get torn off you ever need your car towed.
Man The Ford GT is my dream car! I would take it over anything else, well except a Focus.
Wow everyone's seeing cool cars. In Chile, I've seen only 1 Mustang, 1 BMW 328i and about a 100 Ford Fiestas.

Although my eye has cought a lot Peugot 206's, some Citrogens, and a Fiat.
Oscar The Grouch,May 7 2008, 06:12 PM Wrote:Wow everyone's seeing cool cars.  In Chile, I've seen only 1 Mustang, 1 BMW 328i and about a 100 Ford Fiestas.

[right][snapback]263813[/snapback][/right]

I guess you didn't get the volcanic ash in your hood?
darkpuppet,May 7 2008, 06:20 PM Wrote:
Oscar The Grouch,May 7 2008, 06:12 PM Wrote:Wow everyone's seeing cool cars.  In Chile, I've seen only 1 Mustang, 1 BMW 328i and about a 100 Ford Fiestas.

[right][snapback]263813[/snapback][/right]

I guess you didn't get the volcanic ash in your hood?
[right][snapback]263814[/snapback][/right]

That spot is about 1500kms south of Santiago. And most of that ash is blowing towards Argentina, plus I can't drive a car here.
ANTHONYD,May 7 2008, 07:00 PM Wrote:It's a nice little lip that get torn off you ever need your car towed.
[right][snapback]263804[/snapback][/right]

if my car ever gets towed i will be on a flatbed, or using the tow hooks at the track
That's a great lease rate for that car ... oh snap! - never mind.

[Image: DSC00026.jpg]
anybody ever heard one of these at full throttle on the highway??? OMG its awesome. saw one trying to catch up to a new Z06 on the highway in detroit last year. i had my windows down at 70 mph with the radio up and i could still hear it 1/4 up the road.

all i think when i see one is twin-turbo 1000+ hp and that sound!!!!
Pages: 1 2