Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gratuitous Ford Gt Pics
So I went for my oilchange this morning, and the dealership owner's GT was just coming out of storage...

nice to get some pics without a velvet rope around the car...

[Image: DSC00024.jpg]
[Image: DSC00025.jpg]
[Image: DSC00026.jpg]
[Image: DSC00027.jpg]
[Image: DSC00028.jpg]
[Image: DSC00029.jpg]

and proof that EVO X's are in Ontario...

[Image: DSC00023.jpg]
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

Damn that GT is ugly.
Am I the only person on this planet that is NOT attracted to that car at all?
That wouldn't be Donway Ford would it? Nice Colours, including stripes :lol:
Proud member of the CDan nation.
2000 White ZTS: retired
2012 Frosted Glass SEL: active
K&N Filter.....
ANTHONYD,May 7 2008, 11:16 AM Wrote:Damn that GT is ugly.
[right][snapback]263765[/snapback][/right]

possibly!

But attractiveness is subjective, and if it weren't, who'd sleep with all the ugos?

oldeguy,May 7 2008, 11:22 AM Wrote:That wouldn't be Donway Ford would it? Nice Colours, including stripes :lol:
[right][snapback]263768[/snapback][/right]

yes, you're correct. Rhumor has it the driver of that car may be riding the clutch a bit much....

I love the GT. Pure sex.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
nice GT! though i can probably go faster with my SPI ahhahha :D

nice pics btw!
"Tightness isn't how your car looks, it's how hard you drive it."
-Lg, track addict.
ANTHONYD,May 7 2008, 11:16 AM Wrote:Damn that GT is ugly.
[right][snapback]263765[/snapback][/right]

Like the Mustang, it's a retro-style. Trying to bring back the good ol' days of Ford Racing. I don't like the rear bumper, otherwise, being an olde guy, it reminds me of my much younger days..........................
Proud member of the CDan nation.
2000 White ZTS: retired
2012 Frosted Glass SEL: active
K&N Filter.....
oldeguy,May 7 2008, 12:28 PM Wrote:Like the Mustang, it's a retro-style. Trying to bring back the good ol' days of Ford Racing. I don't like the rear bumper, otherwise, being an olde guy, it reminds me of my much younger days..........................
[right][snapback]263782[/snapback][/right]

that bumper is to meet the canadian safety standards. So you can park your GT in markham and only have to deal with paint scrapes.

A lot of guys in Canada have been pulling that bumper off tho.

BTW... I should have taken a picture of the EVO's rear bumper so you can see what they did to make it Canadian-compliant....

that's a cool car!!

so what did they do to the evo
naz,May 7 2008, 01:00 PM Wrote:that's a cool car!!

so what did they do to the evo
[right][snapback]263792[/snapback][/right]

They've added a big plastic piece to the back of the bumper.... let me see if I can find a pic...

ah..here we go.. the gray piece comes out a good inch or more from the rear bumper and is meant to take the blow of a rear impact at low speed without damaging anything..

[Image: LancerEvolutionX_rear3.jpg]

not sure the pic gives a good sense of scale, but it sticks out pretty far when you see it in real life... it's like a second bumper, like the GT's.

its kind of a good idea.. so in tight parking that plastic piece takes the hit instead of the paint

so what do they do with the 3 series in canada? both my car and my friend's car would take a $erious hit in a low speed collision.. there isn't much bumper there

[Image: DSCF1448.jpg]
It's a nice little lip that get torn off you ever need your car towed.
Man The Ford GT is my dream car! I would take it over anything else, well except a Focus.
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
Wow everyone's seeing cool cars. In Chile, I've seen only 1 Mustang, 1 BMW 328i and about a 100 Ford Fiestas.

Although my eye has cought a lot Peugot 206's, some Citrogens, and a Fiat.
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
Oscar The Grouch,May 7 2008, 06:12 PM Wrote:Wow everyone's seeing cool cars.  In Chile, I've seen only 1 Mustang, 1 BMW 328i and about a 100 Ford Fiestas.

[right][snapback]263813[/snapback][/right]

I guess you didn't get the volcanic ash in your hood?

darkpuppet,May 7 2008, 06:20 PM Wrote:
Oscar The Grouch,May 7 2008, 06:12 PM Wrote:Wow everyone's seeing cool cars.  In Chile, I've seen only 1 Mustang, 1 BMW 328i and about a 100 Ford Fiestas.

[right][snapback]263813[/snapback][/right]

I guess you didn't get the volcanic ash in your hood?
[right][snapback]263814[/snapback][/right]

That spot is about 1500kms south of Santiago. And most of that ash is blowing towards Argentina, plus I can't drive a car here.
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
ANTHONYD,May 7 2008, 07:00 PM Wrote:It's a nice little lip that get torn off you ever need your car towed.
[right][snapback]263804[/snapback][/right]

if my car ever gets towed i will be on a flatbed, or using the tow hooks at the track
That's a great lease rate for that car ... oh snap! - never mind.

[Image: DSC00026.jpg]
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
anybody ever heard one of these at full throttle on the highway??? OMG its awesome. saw one trying to catch up to a new Z06 on the highway in detroit last year. i had my windows down at 70 mph with the radio up and i could still hear it 1/4 up the road.

all i think when i see one is twin-turbo 1000+ hp and that sound!!!!
'05 Grand Cherokee LTD Hemi

'02 black ZX5 ****currently on jack stands my parents garage missing a transmission****
--FC/OBX 4-2-1 Race Header--FS Flex--MBRP catback exhaust--AEM CAI--Brembo Brakes with Hawk HPS pads--Toucan(ractive) 9mm Plug wires--FC Plug wire cover--Polished aluminum Ractive Strut Bar
Not installed: FK 60/40 Springs