FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Guy I Am Now Part Of The Poser Crew.. *pics*
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
naz,May 8 2008, 11:17 AM Wrote:
dad,May 8 2008, 03:49 AM Wrote:snip

[right][snapback]263831[/snapback][/right]

dad sorry to hear about your wife. glad your son made a full recovery. someone was looking out for him up there

nice wheel$

i agree MBs make some awesome luxury touring cars, especially the AMG products. i have started going to lapping schools regularly so i wanted a car that was sorted at the traction limit (i think BMW does a much better job with this than MB) prior to the bimmer i had a WRX.. loved the car great school car. but maintenance was killer and clients could not get over the hood scoop.. time to grow up a bit so i ditched it
[right][snapback]263905[/snapback][/right]

I hate growing up...at 43 I am sick and tired of growing up....what I think I am gonna do now is find a mid 90's SL and do it up....tons of tuning potential and a pretty good chasis...wont be a daily either so I can go nuts and if she breaks so what I will get in the CLK or the truck.....I love money
working hard eh bitch

I need to find a job like you LOL

When we doing beers again
dad,May 8 2008, 05:14 PM Wrote:.wont be a daily either so I can go nuts

.....I love money
[right][snapback]263917[/snapback][/right]

given those two statements i recommend you check out the gallardo superleggera

i spent time with one recently and it was fantastic. extremely easy to drive fast, phenomenal performance and customizable out of the box
naz,May 8 2008, 06:28 PM Wrote:
dad,May 8 2008, 05:14 PM Wrote:.wont be a daily either so I can go nuts

.....I love money
[right][snapback]263917[/snapback][/right]

given those two statements i recommend you check out the gallardo superleggera

i spent time with one recently and it was fantastic. extremely easy to drive fast, phenomenal performance and customizable out of the box
[right][snapback]263958[/snapback][/right]

I am certain a Lambo is all of that....but to be honest there are a least a half a dozen cars I would choose before that, not because the lambo isnt a great machine by anybodies standards but because it is in no way a practicle car.....
Although I am not interested in a daily I would want a car I could put my girlfriend, my youngest boy and some gear and head to Bayfield for the weekend....something like a CL class or if a two seater an SL. truthfully I am on a bit of a MB kick but there are reasons......
For example you could take a mid to late 90's SL 500 ($20 k car) and with simple bolt on parts be pushing 500 hp and easily that in torque .....all for around 35k done and done . This is a car I would not feel bad about beating on , a lambo on the other hand is in reality less of a drivers car than one would tipically think. Are you really gonna want to beat down a car that plumits in value if you put more than 10k klms on it a year.....especially considering your buy in cost....
Although I can honestly say I have been fortunate of late financially it seems like when you can have most anything you want you cant be bothered getting it. My point being that I think the enjoyment would be in the build verse the buy.
just my opinion

by the way if I ever got off my wallet this is what I would buy
http://www.caranddriver.com/previews/12956...ack-series.html
i want a Brabus smart car 98 hp 200 hundred pounds LOL

fun fun fun street legal go kart
DD1,May 8 2008, 07:55 PM Wrote:i want a Brabus smart car 98 hp 200 hundred pounds LOL

fun fun fun street legal go kart
[right][snapback]263979[/snapback][/right]

I know that thing is off the hook....check this out

http://www.brabus.com/index_usa.html

go to the SLR link and check out the white SLR

http://www.mbfanatics.org/forum/index.ph...topic=4644
a smart car with a 3.9 0-60 WOW
that would be a wierd car to drive
if I flipped it I will just call you to help me put it on the wheels again
its kinda lke a lazyboy chair that goes like stink.....
dad,May 8 2008, 09:07 PM Wrote:go to the SLR link and check out the white SLR

[right][snapback]263980[/snapback][/right]

What's the reasoning behind taking off the stock Ceramic brakes and putting on cross drilled rotors?
i recently saw a 2003 CLK55 AMG (current body style) for $27k. lots of em on sale in the US. time for you to cross border shop dad

there tons of options on the used car market in the <$35k USD range.. 996 C4S, elise, AMG stuff, 8cyl M5, 6cyl M3, CTS-V, C5 Z06 to name a few

pretty much boils down to personal preference for the style of car and how deep your pockets are for maintenance and upkeep

good luck w/ the search and let us know what you end up with!!

EDIT: guys that smart cars 0-60 KPH in 3.9s

With sprint times from 0 - 60 km/h (0-37 mph) in 3.9 seconds and 0 - 100
km/h (0-62 mph) of 9.5 seconds

:lol:

source
darkpuppet,May 9 2008, 08:07 AM Wrote:

What's the reasoning behind taking off the stock Ceramic brakes and putting on cross drilled rotors?
[right][snapback]263998[/snapback][/right]

thats a good question, I wondered that myself. I will reach out in the MB board see if antone knows
dad,May 9 2008, 05:03 PM Wrote:
darkpuppet,May 9 2008, 08:07 AM Wrote:

[right][snapback]263998[/snapback][/right]

thats a good question, I wondered that myself. I will reach out in the MB board see if antone knows
[right][snapback]264025[/snapback][/right]

i've heard from porsche guys that the ceramic brakes are $$$$$ to replace, don't last long at the track and don't have much bite/stopping power when cold (which is pretty much what they are at all times on the street).. apparently some retrofit the conventional steel brakes due to the replacement cost alone

i imagine the reasoning is holds true in MB world, especially since MBs are much more likely to be touring/cruising/posing cars than track weapons
naz,May 9 2008, 01:18 PM Wrote:i've heard from porsche guys that the ceramic brakes are $$$$$ to replace, don't last long at the track and don't have much bite/stopping power when cold (which is pretty much what they are at all times on the street).. apparently some retrofit the conventional steel brakes due to the replacement cost alone

i imagine the reasoning is holds true in MB world, especially since MBs are much more likely to be touring/cruising/posing cars than track weapons
[right][snapback]264026[/snapback][/right]

yeah, they're definitely dollars... but with 8 piston callipers, you could have greased ball bearings for rotors, and still have better braking power than most other cars...

just curious... because the cross drilled sure look nice, but they're unkind to brake pads, are noisy when cold, and can 'splode with repeated (heavy) track use... seems very curious choice, unless it's a money thing...
darkpuppet,May 9 2008, 05:33 PM Wrote:yeah, they're definitely dollars... but with 8 piston callipers, you could have greased ball bearings for rotors, and still have better braking power than most other cars...

just curious... because the cross drilled sure look nice, but they're unkind to brake pads, are noisy when cold, and can 'splode with repeated (heavy) track use... seems very curious choice, unless it's a money thing...
[right][snapback]264027[/snapback][/right]

hmmm well.. interesting enough.. more pistons does not automatically equal more brake torque.. often its a function of a lot of things (and i think machismo marketing (ie more is better) is a big factor)... also.. more front brake torque does not mean better stopping.. improved stopping distance is a function of tires, brake balance, vehicle weight distribution and a bunch of other factors.

so i suppose what i'm really trying to say is that you can't compare brake system A versus brake system B just based on specs like # of pistons, drilled v not drilled etc.. you need to look at the whole brake system and magazine articles almost never give the full story

and if those rotors were designed with holes they are probably properly stress relieved.. versus most aftermarket stuff that is not.

just my $.02

and i can't resist mentioning that i think this is a perfect case of the typical guy mentality of 'more' (expensive, complex powerful, whatever) is better. as a track weapon i would pick a much slower much cheaper well setup spec miata over that (IMHO) overly complex, overly expensive MB
money money money
you dont buy an SLR as a track weapon ......you buy it because you have everything else....

and yea it the streetabilty of the ceramic discs accourding to some reading I have done on MB forums
never heard of a lease being a good thing unless you own a company or have a company that pays your millage.........

Anyways nice car and I must say I like the interior, nice and plain, easy to reach and not to busy..........I plan to buy one in the future......that is if they offer me the USD price.
D-Dub,May 15 2008, 03: Wrote:never heard of a lease being a good thing unless you own a company or have a company that pays your millage.........

Anyways nice car and I must say I like the interior, nice and plain, easy to reach and not to busy..........I plan to buy one in the future......that is if they offer me the USD price.
[right][snapback]264399[/snapback][/right]

thanks man!

haha yea.. leasing a 3 series is definitely not the way to have the lowest possible car ownership costs. but... i'd much rather rent a new 3 series every 3 years than drive a used econobox for 10yrs until the wheels fall off. :)
Pages: 1 2 3 4