FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Ps3 Guys -- Warhawk On Sale On The Psn Store
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I love this game -- mind you, I am in the top 10,000 wordwide. :ph34r:

Email from the Playstation Network:

Quote: Warhawk Special Offer

GET IT AT THE PLAYSTATION®STORE, NOW ONLY $29.99

ONLINE BATTLES AWAIT! NOW IS THE TIME TO GET WARHAWK!

THE ANNOUNCEMENT:
Limited time offer! Get Warhawk™ on the PLAYSTATION®Store for just
$29.99 from March 27 to April 14, 2008, ONLY. Hurry!

THE GAME:
Experience the next generation of online multiplayer warfare. Take flight,
roll out or double-time into battle with unprecedented multimodal gameplay
providing players freedom of combat. Log on and compete in various modes,
such as Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, Capture the Flag, and Zone with up
to 32 online players. Keep your head on a swivel as you take fire from
all directions in the most frenetic battlefield on any console.

THE FEATURES:
* Epic next-gen multimodal design immerses you in a deep third-person
  gameplay experience

* Fly or hover in the Warhawk to engage in intense dogfights with dozens
  of fighters and ground forces aimed your way

* Take control of armored tanks or utility vehicles to defend your base
  or launch a ground assault

* Continue the battle on foot and choose from a powerful arsenal of
weapons, including rocket launchers, flame throwers and proximity mines

* Enlist on the PLAYSTATION®Network and battle online with players
  across the globe

* Play offline via split-screen or LAN setup for intense in-home battles

* Customize your online experience with character/vehicle skins,
  gameplay modes, sortable stats and community/clan features

VISIT THE OFFICIAL GAME SITE:
WarHawk Website.
I never tried Warhawk, is it any good? Im hooked on Uncharted now and its really amazing what the PS3 can do. I can't wait for GT 5! Anyways does that get stored on the hard drive?? Or do they mail Warhawk to you?
Canadian ST,Mar 27 2008, 08:37 PM Wrote:I never tried Warhawk, is it any good? Im hooked on Uncharted now and its really amazing what the PS3 can do. I can't wait for GT 5! Anyways does that get stored on the hard drive?? Or do they mail Warhawk to you?
[right][snapback]260706[/snapback][/right]
IMO it's one of the best games on the PS3

--BUT--

You play it onlne only. But the PSN is free to play on, unlike XBox Live (not knocking it, guys, just pointing it out)

If you buy the game from the Playstation Store you download it and it stays on your hard drive. Personally, I have the disk version -- I managed to get it at release on special for $40 including a Jabra Bluetooth headset. But it's pretty hard to find now.

A headset IS recommended, though. Teammwork is the best road to success.

I showed Daniel the game the other week when he was over, he could probably tell you what he thought.
Certainly an interesting game. I didn't grab a physical copy because I didn't have the spare cash (Hit HMV if you must have a disc version)

But that begs the question, what's missing from the D/L version compared to the disc? :huh:

NefCanuck
I'll have to grab it off my buddy and try it out!

i'm stuck in COD4 land right now! anyone else rocking COD4? if so my PS3 name is the same as it is here! sl8rzzx3 just let me know who you are in your invite!!
NefCanuck,Mar 27 2008, 09:37 PM Wrote:But that begs the question, what's missing from the D/L version compared to the disc? :huh:
[right][snapback]260710[/snapback][/right]
Nothing involved with gameplay -- but:

a ) the install on the D/L version takes up more space on the harddrive (obviously)
b ) the disc version is portable, while the D/L version is tied to your PSN ID and you can only download it 3 times (in an attempt to discourage piracy).
c ) you obviously don't get the headset.
im also playin cod4 under the name of tippmann85 on the PS3
well, you can get the warhawk on CD at futureshop for $10 more, or warhawk with the headset for $69..

I might pick it up if I have people to play with (what time of the day you guys play?)

btw.. anybody up for some Team Fortress II? I've been itching to play...
WOW i'm gonna have to pick up the Orange box that looks fun as hell! i've never been into First person shooter games.... until i got my PS3!! started with Resistance and now COD4!!

I'm laid off right now due to the American Axle strike in the US..... for the last month :angry: so right now i'm on all times of the day LOL

I think we're gonna need a Gamer's section on these forums! ;) B)
Given that I'm now housebound on the weekend you might see me playing Warhawk before the hockey game Saturday night :(

NefCanuck
We can work something out; I can host a private room so you can get your feet wet before going on a ranked server.
I won't be able to play this weekend due to work and all, but the chicklet is going on a spa day next sunday -- can pray for a bit of rain :P ..
oh, btw..

I went to futureshop.. they had warhawk there for $49 -- so if you're going to go pick it up, print out the webpage with the $39 price so you don't overpay.

$10 for the disk ain't bad.

BTW.. I haven't tested this yet, but does the old socom headset (usb) work with the PS3?
^^ i have heard that they do work. not to sure tho..
It should work. Just make sure you go to the accessory settings screen in the XMB and set the input/output to the USB headset.
Bluetooth head sets @ Xscargo !! FTW!!

$25-$35 taxes in for a motorola head set!! the one i picked up was $18.88 + tax and takes AAA batteries.... so i always have one on charge just in case!! lol
yeah i use a bluetooth, given to the GF by her mom who never used it
futureshop also has a jabra bt headset on sale ($30 off) for $30...

I already have a sony erricson headset, but it's paired to my celly, and I'm one of those lazy types.
Personally, I wish there was an easy way to pair multiple headsets to the PS3 so you can still use another headset when one headset out of commision while it charges.
I was going to get Warhawk, but with all the great games on the way I decided not to.
The graphics don't look up to par, but I heard game play was great.
I have MGS4 on pre-order and I'm still playing CoD4 and Burnout Paradise (top 1,000 rank, was actualy at 366 for a while).
I also have to finish Ratchet & Clank.
I'm using a Jabra BT5010 headset. It works great, but not the most confy thing out there. Thank god it cost me 22$ shipped to my door thanks to dell.ca's one day deals.
Pages: 1 2 3