FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Atx To Mtx?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
anyone here have converted their auto trans to manual??
was worth doing it??
what parts do i need and how much did you spend on it??

let me know..
i m thinking of keeping my focus for more than 4 years and my auto trans is about to going out..
get the lentech auto tranny, comes with a lsd and is good for insane amounts of hp :lol: 2300$
which will cost more??
lentech or swapping to mtx??
if swapping mtx cost more than what my car worth right now($3000), then i will go with lentech.. but..need to get some more inputs from others to make a decision..

by the way, lentech is at richmond, ontarrio right??so i can drive there to get it replaced??
Well what do you want to do?

DRAG=Lentech
AUTOX/TRACK=5spd

actually i dunno..
i know it is too late for 2000 to add F/I..but i wanna get the supercharger before my car break down itself..

i might do some track or stuff sometimes but mostly driving on street..so i guess drag is more like what i want to go for..
sell auto, buy manual
done, end of discussion
cannot sell my car.. my car worth $3000..
konafocuswrc,Mar 3 2008, 09:50 PM Wrote:cannot sell my car.. my car worth $3000..
[right][snapback]259311[/snapback][/right]

cost to change over=at least half that
sorry, shoulda bought a manual in the first place
Yeah i agree .... its going to cost you atleast 3000 bucks to change it over ... you need pedals clutch tranny speed sensor from the block , to name a few , probably an ecu as well also there are some more wires to add to the wiring harness .... its lots of work man i looked into it ... i sold the auto box and got the standard .... end of story

yea sorry man.. atx to mtx is an expensive mod.. best bet is to sucker some kid into thinking the mods are worth something and paying you more than $3000 for the car

if you really want to do the conversion i recommend finding a focus that written off in a rear end collision, and then purchase the whole car... and while all that work is being done to convert the car, do stuff like install a more aggressive final drive and gearset, put in a light flywheel etc
I agree with the above posters; you'll spend more money than what the mod is worth. Get the Lentech.
PM sent I got you a price.
Go Lentech for sure. I even have them marked in my GPS if you need directions! :lol:
NOS2Go4Me,Mar 4 2008, 02:33 PM Wrote:Go Lentech for sure. I even have them marked in my GPS if you need directions! :lol:
[right][snapback]259355[/snapback][/right]
I need directions. Can you mail me your GPS? :lol:
I was faced with this when I wanted boost (3-4 years ago), in the end I ended up selling my car for 6000 and buying a used one for 8000(private). Glad I did this, got a manual I wanted, exact same car with less than 50k on it at the time.

Pickup a used 5spd, swap your parts over to it, get a shop to re-spray both the same colour to save costs and your done,sell your old car for $3-4K. Or just sell your car and get the 5spd. A used 5spd with ~ 100k (01-02 year) should be about 4000-5000.
konafocuswrc,Mar 4 2008, 02:50 AM Wrote:cannot sell my car.. my car worth $3000..
[right][snapback]259311[/snapback][/right]

why do you think your car is worth 3K? most 00ZX3's are around 4-5unless its high millage. But still as everyone has mentioned. Just go and buy a 00ZX3 manual. So the diff shouldnt be more then 500 to 1000. Thats lot less complicated then what you are trying to do.

Also you can buy a used 00Zx3 first, move all your mods over and then sell your auto stock with all the parts that you are getting from the Zx3. I think someone else actually mentioned this as well.

ohh well :(
cheapest mtx conversion would be a rolled mtx wagon.... swap it all out... even he ECU...

I have relized my car is worth nothing.. but I've put 203000 k's on her and she owes me nothing...

ZED_not_zee,Mar 4 2008, 11:52 PM Wrote:I have relized my car is worth nothing.. but I've put 203000 k's on her and she owes me nothing...
[right][snapback]259364[/snapback][/right]

IMHO, perfect track car!!!! beat it up break it crash it, no worries... because its so cheap you walk away from it no problem
OAC_Sparky,Mar 4 2008, 03:46 PM Wrote:
NOS2Go4Me,Mar 4 2008, 02:33 PM Wrote:Go Lentech for sure. I even have them marked in my GPS if you need directions! :lol:
[right][snapback]259355[/snapback][/right]
I need directions. Can you mail me your GPS? :lol:
[right][snapback]259357[/snapback][/right]

No but I'll plot and PDF you a route :P :lol:
I just traded my 5 speed ZX3 would have been a good start for you and I would have done a straight trade with you and given the auto to my G/F but it is alot of work and hes done tons of work to the body like paint and the roof scoop the wing. its not as easy as you might think just to switch everything over
Pages: 1 2 3