FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Getting My New Car.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well it looks like I'm going to replace my Focus with a 2008 Ford Fusion. I saw a model that looks very nice but I can't find any info on it? I know some people here work for Ford so your 2 cents would be beneficial. Its the sport appearance package, apparently it has stiff shocks and springs and a different interior and a small ground effect package, it does look very sharp. Over all I want something sporty and I want to stick with Ford. I don't know much of anything about the fusion so feedback would be helpful. The options I want are V-6 SEL and the Sport appearance package.

Thanks
Although I can't help you with the information you are asking for...I like your choice, now you'll have to put in two turbos :D
yea those cars nice,,,,

go for it....or get G35 :)
All I can tell you is everyone I know at work that owns one really likes them and I have not heard any bad words about them, except no stick with the V6. My sister will be selling her '98 Mystique this year and will most likely get a Fusion to replace it.
I love the Fusion that will be my next car for sure.
i like those fusions as well, especially the ones with AWD.
My parents own one and I drive it everyday either to school or just around Ontario. It has AWD and goes through the snow like a hot knife goes through butter. The car handles amazing!, you will find yourself hitting speeds of 140km/h and not even feeling it. If you do alot of highway driving you will love the gas mileage(about 9 L/100km), but the city and highway combo is what will get you(11.5L/100)....... I do have a heavy foot though.

My family was going to get a Ford Edge, but once they saw the price they could get the Fusion for they opted for the Fusion and they are very happy they did.

We have the top of the line 2007 model loaded with every option you can get, so its probably close to what your thinking of getting. If you have any questions just ask and Im sure I can answer them.
Go AWD if you can... I'm fairly sure it's a Haldex AWD system. I drove one last year and I was impressed. The steering was a tad "dead" feeling, but maybe a sport suspension and steering gear ratio setup / real tires would cure at least some of that.
NOS2Go4Me,Feb 22 2008, 12:21 PM Wrote:Go AWD if you can... I'm fairly sure it's a Haldex AWD system. I drove one last year and I was impressed. The steering was a tad "dead" feeling, but maybe a sport suspension and steering gear ratio setup / real tires would cure at least some of that.
[right][snapback]258594[/snapback][/right]

Well I drove the SEL V6 today and its quick and it did handle better then I thought(the salesman let me go by myself..traction control off) The steering is a bit dead though. The sport apperance package has stiffer springs stiffer dampers and the stearing is a bit different plus the slight ground effects make the car look sharp (the 18in wheels almost look like the SVT dark agents) and that option is only $1500 :D The only thing I wish it had was a tiptronic..oh well, it still beets the 08 Camary rental :P
one thing about haldex AWD that may not matter to you.. when i drove a car with a part time awd setup (forester) i could feel the rear wheels get power and lose power when i was pushing the car around an offramp at the traction limit of the front tires. it was very hard to drive the car smoothly as the power transfer made the weight shift front/back in a way that wasn't intuitive to me.

personally.. i would get AWD with a full time mechanical center diff.. or not bother and get a 2wd car. i think the loss in predictability is a deal breaker b/c it ruins the vehicle dynamics
The "reskinned" Fusion I own, similar to the Fusion, sucks ass in the snow. I have all seasons on the car this year, but will have to change over to snows next year. If I had a choice, I would get the AWD.
meford4u,Feb 22 2008, 03:32 PM Wrote:The "reskinned" Fusion I own, similar to the Fusion, sucks ass in the snow.  I have all seasons on the car this year, but will have to change over to snows next year.  If I had a choice, I would get the AWD.
[right][snapback]258610[/snapback][/right]

Well the only reason I wount get AWD is because the sport appearance package only comes with the FWD models. Snow tires a must though. I aslo love the 6 speed auto its so smooth.
hey could you do that meford did that get a MkZ from the US instead of a fusion from canada? technically you're still getting a ford fusion....
naz,Feb 22 2008, 04:14 PM Wrote:hey could you do that meford did that get a MkZ from the US instead of a fusion from canada? technically you're still getting a ford fusion....
[right][snapback]258618[/snapback][/right]
I think what you are asking is could he get an AWD MKZ(2007) for the same price in Canada as a new Fusion?

And if he had cash? If he looked around. Maybe.
I don't know the cost of the Fusion, but an AWD MKZ in the US goes for about $25-27k.

But he wouldn't have the sport appearance package.
so i went out and test drove SEL AWD Fusion......it was fully loaded and everything......and i have to say it was meeeh car......it was an ok car......took through some corners and highway......so i had a good test drive over all....

it had 31K on it....and they are asking $19.8XX for it

as i said it didn't give me a wow feeling.....just a nice car i guess
Shame that they only allow the Sport package on the four though :(

Though I'm betting you could get a dealer to install a package on a V6 Fusion if you asked nice...

NefCanuck
meford4u,Feb 23 2008, 06:06 AM Wrote:And if he had cash?  If he looked around.  Maybe.
I don't know the cost of the Fusion, but an AWD MKZ in the US goes for about $25-27k.

But he wouldn't have the sport appearance package.
[right][snapback]258635[/snapback][/right]

yup you are right.. seems like it is a 3k difference between awd and fwd.. ie i saw a fwd mkz with 15k miles for around $21k USD.. i guess that's a good deal for someone looking for leather and soundproofing and stuff.

to the OP.. you are looking for AWD, sedan and 'sport appearance' package.. time for a STi/EVO?
NefCanuck,Feb 24 2008, 12:08 AM Wrote:Shame that they only allow the Sport package on the four though :(

Though I'm betting you could get a dealer to install a package on a V6 Fusion if you asked nice...

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]258651[/snapback][/right]

Well you can get the sport package on the V6, thank god! I wouldnt want a car that big with the I4, we have a Camary with the I4 and it sucks, no power and the engine works so hard to move it it uses alot of fuel.
Canadian ST,Feb 24 2008, 09:03 AM Wrote:
NefCanuck,Feb 24 2008, 12:08 AM Wrote:Shame that they only allow the Sport package on the four though :(

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]258651[/snapback][/right]

Well you can get the sport package on the V6, thank god! I wouldnt want a car that big with the I4, we have a Camary with the I4 and it sucks, no power and the engine works so hard to move it it uses alot of fuel.
[right][snapback]258664[/snapback][/right]

I drove a Fusion SE with the I-4 and the 5-speed auto. It picked up fairly well, but I didn't feel that it was much faster (if at all) than the stock ZX5 with an ATX that I was driving at the time.
black fusion... chrome wheels.... tinted windows.... nice drop.......................pure s3x :)
Pages: 1 2