FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Ford Fiesta 2009
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Go to Autoblog.com for pics of the 2009 Ford Fiesta, coming soon to a dealer near you. ( Sorry, too computer illiterate to figure out how to do a link ) :unsure: :blink:
I like it , new steel technology, stock 17's and eco boost motors .... i like where this is going ...

Lets see one with a 2.0L Ecoboost pumping out 280 HP ... this car would be a cheap little commuting pocket rocket !

Sold .... 1 please !
Well its green.
one please.
I'm liking the S-Max Titanium and the Mondeo Titanium S.

Jalopnik

Ryan

I like it - would be nice if they offered the diesel option in NA !!
in either white or black im Sold!
Not bad but "cute". Too cute for me.
:fluffy:
omg

Quote:In Europe the Fiesta will be initially powered by a total of five engine units, thee petrol, 1.25-litre (60 and 80 PS), 1.4-litre (91 PS) and 1.6-litre (115 PS), and two diesel engines, 1.4-litre (68 PS) and 1.6-litre (90 PS)

http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2008/02/2009-...aled-prior.html

why should i be excited this is coming to america?

:blink:

guys guys when it comes to the usa we will most likely be getting a 4 door sedan not that one
naz,Feb 15 2008, 09:00 PM Wrote:omg

Quote:In Europe the Fiesta will be initially powered by a total of five engine units, thee petrol, 1.25-litre (60 and 80 PS), 1.4-litre (91 PS) and 1.6-litre (115 PS), and two diesel engines, 1.4-litre (68 PS) and 1.6-litre (90 PS)

http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2008/02/2009-...aled-prior.html

why should i be excited this is coming to america?

:blink:
[right][snapback]258191[/snapback][/right]
Some of us here actually like our Focus's, and are loyal Ford people. With the fact that most of the manufacturers are starting to sell "B" class vehicles, it would be great if Ford realized that the only way for them to be succesful is to build the same vehicles worldwide. Hell, even GM starting to realize that. Although it may not excite those that are truly blessed with being able to own more upscale, or should I say, "exciting" vehicles, to those of us who aren't as blessed, seeing a vehicle from Ford like the Fiesta, is a sign that Ford might be on the right track. Also, it gives those of us who like our Foci's some hope, that the next Focus, after the 2008, will truly be the a worlwide vehicle, and up to the standards of the European Focus.
the '00 zx3 was pretty damn close to what europe got in '00. i think the only things that we couldn't get were leather, autoclimate control, different wheels

can't you get a '00 car and own a 'truly worldwide euro' vehicle?

europe got the focus in 98/99 by the way not in 00 like us
faster_than_u,Feb 16 2008, 07:00 AM Wrote:europe got the focus in 98/99 by the way not in 00 like us
[right][snapback]258202[/snapback][/right]

right i understand that. but i'm saying in the 2000 MY there wasn't that much difference in the euro focus and the NA focus.. some interior bits were different, the springs dampers were different i think.. but that's pretty much it.
naz,Feb 16 2008, 03:29 AM Wrote:
faster_than_u,Feb 16 2008, 07:00 AM Wrote:europe got the focus in 98/99 by the way not in 00 like us
[right][snapback]258202[/snapback][/right]

right i understand that. but i'm saying in the 2000 MY there wasn't that much difference in the euro focus and the NA focus.. some interior bits were different, the springs dampers were different i think.. but that's pretty much it.
[right][snapback]258204[/snapback][/right]

Naz is right... it was the falling behind after the Euro MY 2002 refresh that started to differentiate things.

If I ever need a "beater"... 1st-gen Focus hatch for sure. I STILL miss the sedan some days, believe it or not.
naz,Feb 16 2008, 01:06 AM Wrote:the '00 zx3 was pretty damn close to what europe got in '00.  i think the only things that we couldn't get were leather, autoclimate control, different wheels

can't you get a '00 car and own a 'truly worldwide euro' vehicle?
[right][snapback]258199[/snapback][/right]
I have an 00. As was stated by NOS2Go4Me, it's when the Euro Focus was constantly being improved and the North American Focus wasn't , that Focus afficianodos started to get upset. Why couldn't Ford realize that the Euro Focus was in a class way above the North American Focus
because in NA ford is a FAMILY brand in Europe it's s an upscale sporty brand,

ford know's there's no money in sports cars and we focus enthusiasts make up less than ten percent of focus sales. what they have makes them PROFIT...

too "cute" of a car........so im not sold
Pages: 1 2