FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: How Much Does End Links Cost?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dealer said i needed my end links replaced when i had my last oil change, how much do u think these cost on a 2002 focus 5 speed manual standard transmission? should i go to the dealor or the local brown guy's auto shop? (no offence to brown people)
end links.. as in the brackets that bolt the swaybar to the car? they shouldn't be very expensive. the only reason to replace end links that i can see is corrosion, and that could make it a PITA to remove them. i recommend that you go to a shop that you trust, who you know will be patient getting the rusted bolts out (they will prob snap and have to be tapped out)

i;m guessing labor will be a lot more than the parts
Can't recall off the top of my head but I think mine were $16.each. One side wasn't a problem, but like naz said, the other was rusted to s*** and I had to pay the garage 1/2 hour labour to get the 1 bolt off. :angry:
If you need a shop ive gotten mine done already at P R Performance was an easy intall i had zero rust

Check http://www.prperformance.ca for shop details
ZX3_2NV,Jan 23 2008, 08:40 PM Wrote:was an easy intall i had zero rust

[right][snapback]256629[/snapback][/right]

that's the thing.. the OP unfortunately almost certainly has rust... :(
If you need the rear end links you can have my old ones from my 07, When I put on the roush bar I used the endlinks that came with the package. Let me know.

02ztsian

Spend the extra money and pick up the Moog endlinks. Guess which one is the Moog?
[Image: 100_0422.jpg]
And greasable to boot.
I think Auto Value sells them for around $35 each.
i also had new springs installed recently, so they HAD to remove my end links and re-install them... probaly not so much rust but worn out
The way we do them, if your taking them off cause they are no good, we just put the impact on them and snap the bolt . Takes two min and they are off. I would go with either a moog one or the NAPA good ones bc they ususally have a lifetime warranty.
just remember to grease them