Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Much Does End Links Cost?
Dealer said i needed my end links replaced when i had my last oil change, how much do u think these cost on a 2002 focus 5 speed manual standard transmission? should i go to the dealor or the local brown guy's auto shop? (no offence to brown people)
My other ride is your Mom
end links.. as in the brackets that bolt the swaybar to the car? they shouldn't be very expensive. the only reason to replace end links that i can see is corrosion, and that could make it a PITA to remove them. i recommend that you go to a shop that you trust, who you know will be patient getting the rusted bolts out (they will prob snap and have to be tapped out)

i;m guessing labor will be a lot more than the parts
Can't recall off the top of my head but I think mine were $16.each. One side wasn't a problem, but like naz said, the other was rusted to s*** and I had to pay the garage 1/2 hour labour to get the 1 bolt off. :angry:
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
If you need a shop ive gotten mine done already at P R Performance was an easy intall i had zero rust

Check http://www.prperformance.ca for shop details
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 - Daily Driver
2008 Lincoln MKX Limited Edition - Grocery Getter
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600 - Rode and Sold
2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade - Offroaded and Sold
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X - R.I.P. Electrical Fire
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 - Traded in Now DrunkinMonkeys Car
2003 Ford Taurus Wagon - Inherited Drove and Sold
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 Turbo - Award Winning 336 WHP - Parted and Scraped
1990 Ford Festiva - My 1st Car

[Image: ZX3PixelCarEngineVIEW.png]
ZX3_2NV,Jan 23 2008, 08:40 PM Wrote:was an easy intall i had zero rust

[right][snapback]256629[/snapback][/right]

that's the thing.. the OP unfortunately almost certainly has rust... :(
If you need the rear end links you can have my old ones from my 07, When I put on the roush bar I used the endlinks that came with the package. Let me know.
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
Spend the extra money and pick up the Moog endlinks. Guess which one is the Moog?
[Image: 100_0422.jpg]
And greasable to boot.
I think Auto Value sells them for around $35 each.
i also had new springs installed recently, so they HAD to remove my end links and re-install them... probaly not so much rust but worn out
My other ride is your Mom
The way we do them, if your taking them off cause they are no good, we just put the impact on them and snap the bolt . Takes two min and they are off. I would go with either a moog one or the NAPA good ones bc they ususally have a lifetime warranty.
[Image: style2,duratec-spc-power.png]
just remember to grease them
[Image: style2,duratec-spc-power.png]