FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Gas Mileage
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
How does 357 klicks to a tank rank for a 2002 SVT Focus that's, driven mostly in town (probably 80%)?
id say thats pretty good. my dads fofo gets 400 to the tank for pretty much all city driving. so for an svt i'd say thats pretty good.
Cool... I should also mention, that I'm not too easy on the loud pedal. ;)
someone will probably try and call bs cuz I know I would too but I got from london to north bay on less than a tank last month driving at around 115-120.. (1 notch under a quarter left when I got there). I couldnt believe it, and I have a crazy exhaust leak right now..
Sounds pretty good, im only getting around 520km now, with an SPI and 99% highway :(
520 would be great... But I highly doubt I could get that with an SVT. However , I think 400 is possible if I were to drive like a normal person. lmao

In case anyone is worried. I don't speed to any real extreme... 5 over in town (max), and 10-20 over on the highway.
I think I drive pretty normal, not too old manish yet, 'cause I don't own a Buick Regal anymore, but my Zetec gets 510- 540 kms per tank.
ok guys , i've got an 02 svtf and commute from east scarborough to mississuaga everyday except sunday,and my gas usually lasts for a little over 540kms on a tank.This is my third focus and it burns better than the previous 03 zetec and 02 spi.Kinda lucky with focus's so far
That's pretty decent... I average 350-400 around town, depending on my cruising habits... pure hwy is still over 600 per tank.

We can go from our door to my parents' door (~320KMs) on about 20L or so of gas. 22-23L if I hammer it (120+ at times).

That's an 07 ZX5 SES with ATX, but also with the FS 3" CAI, MBRP 2.5" flex-back exhaust and FS-tuned XCal2 (91 octane only) programming.

Trinifoci - you're burning 91 octane by default, so as long as you're not too aggressive you'll do just fine.
wow. something must be wrong with my car.. I never get 500 per tank highway.... Thats why i thought my trip was crazy
550-600 here, mostly highway.
my fofo gets insane milage on the highway...if i do 100km/h i get 200kms per quarter of a tank. if i go to 120 i get 125kms per quarter of tank LOL, but the best one is, if i do like 80 i get like 250 per quarter of tank.
usually i get 450km before light comes on and that's 95% city driving.

Now that its almost winter i think the stations change the gas to winter gas (which you normally get less mileage) cuz now i only get 400 km city driving.

what exactly is winter gas?

p.s. i noticed you live in north york, im going to pee my pants if you're a few houses away from me lol.
Spinal,Nov 8 2007, 10:25 AM Wrote:what exactly is winter gas?

p.s. i noticed you live in north york, im going to pee my pants if you're a few houses away from me lol.
[right][snapback]252421[/snapback][/right]

"Winter gas" is so named because it has additives to prevent fuel line freezing (usually ethanol which also acts as a natural octane booster)

NefCanuck
I'm getting about 400 - 450 kms to a tank and it's all city driving.
seems about right, I get about 200km per half a tank in my SVT. I've been tracking my mileage since the day I got my car, it does pretty good mileage.

also a slight increase with a tune.
Ethanol will eventually eat your fuel injection system for lunch, especially o-rings and other rubber-based parts.

Go with 91... no ethanol at all!
NOS2Go4Me,Nov 8 2007, 02:11 PM Wrote:Ethanol will eventually eat your fuel injection system for lunch, especially o-rings and other rubber-based parts.

[right][snapback]252440[/snapback][/right]

Is that true even of a "winter" blend though? :huh:

NefCanuck
NOS2Go4Me,Nov 8 2007, 02:11 PM Wrote:Ethanol will eventually eat your fuel injection system for lunch, especially o-rings and other rubber-based parts.

[right][snapback]252440[/snapback][/right]

Uh-oh. I've been using Sunoco Ultra 94 pretty much since I got the car, with the exception of getting gas at Shell on the way home from picking up the car that is.
Pages: 1 2