FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Thinking Of Going Turbo.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok guys so the last few days I have been getting serious about buying a turbo kit. I'm putting money away for one and its about $3000. I have read posts from a guy who has the same kit and runs about 215Hp. Then last night I was thinking that $3000 is a lot of money. What if I were to take that money and invest into the engine. Could I get the same amount of horse power through compression and internals with roughly the same amount of money + labor?
turbo is much cheaper hp/dollar than modifying the engine internals. also i dont think you will make nearly as much hp with N/A mods for the same cost as going turbo

also, another thing to consider is that if 3k is too much cash maybe turbo isn't a good idea.. what if something breaks? probably a good idea to keep it stock! (that's what i do!)
Well it is a lot. But I can afford it. I was just curious to see if through engine build up and compression I could get around the same HP.
you would need to spend more then 3grand to achieve 200whp N/A. Its better to go turbo and run a safe tune, then save some more cash and build your engine up. Im not sure what your target hp is, but for 3 grand you could start yourself off.
D-Dub,Sep 1 2007, 02: Wrote:you would need to spend more then 3grand to achieve 200whp N/A. Its better to go turbo and run a safe tune, then save some more cash and build your engine up. Im not sure what your target hp is, but for 3 grand you could start yourself off.
[right][snapback]248101[/snapback][/right]

I would really like to get the 2.3L Cosworth from Focus Sport! 350HP!
SmokeBCBuDZ,Sep 1 2007, 04:44 AM Wrote:Well it is a lot. But I can afford it. I was just curious to see if through engine build up and compression I could get around the same HP.
[right][snapback]248082[/snapback][/right]

hp/$ turbo will be cheaper

it isn't a popular option here, but how about just getting another car :)
naz,Sep 1 2007, 09:41 PM Wrote:
SmokeBCBuDZ,Sep 1 2007, 04:44 AM Wrote:Well it is a lot. But I can afford it. I was just curious to see if through engine build up and compression I could get around the same HP.
[right][snapback]248082[/snapback][/right]

hp/$ turbo will be cheaper

it isn't a popular option here, but how about just getting another car :)
[right][snapback]248110[/snapback][/right]

I like my focus. :D
my kits for sale in the for sale section man. check it out.