Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thinking Of Going Turbo.
Ok guys so the last few days I have been getting serious about buying a turbo kit. I'm putting money away for one and its about $3000. I have read posts from a guy who has the same kit and runs about 215Hp. Then last night I was thinking that $3000 is a lot of money. What if I were to take that money and invest into the engine. Could I get the same amount of horse power through compression and internals with roughly the same amount of money + labor?
O3 ZX3: Drl-to-drf Mod, Racing mirrors, Shorty antenna, B&M short shifter, Focus Sport 4-1 race header, Focus Sport front strut stabilizer, MBRP cat back, RaceCraft springs, Eibach Pro dampners and struts, RaceCraft 25mm rear stabilizer, Hella lights, Core Racing 17"s.
VF Supercharger Kit (Stage 2)

"I usually don't do this type of work." "I thought you were a professional driver?" "A different kind of driving.".
turbo is much cheaper hp/dollar than modifying the engine internals. also i dont think you will make nearly as much hp with N/A mods for the same cost as going turbo

also, another thing to consider is that if 3k is too much cash maybe turbo isn't a good idea.. what if something breaks? probably a good idea to keep it stock! (that's what i do!)
Well it is a lot. But I can afford it. I was just curious to see if through engine build up and compression I could get around the same HP.
O3 ZX3: Drl-to-drf Mod, Racing mirrors, Shorty antenna, B&M short shifter, Focus Sport 4-1 race header, Focus Sport front strut stabilizer, MBRP cat back, RaceCraft springs, Eibach Pro dampners and struts, RaceCraft 25mm rear stabilizer, Hella lights, Core Racing 17"s.

"I usually don't do this type of work." "I thought you were a professional driver?" "A different kind of driving.".
you would need to spend more then 3grand to achieve 200whp N/A. Its better to go turbo and run a safe tune, then save some more cash and build your engine up. Im not sure what your target hp is, but for 3 grand you could start yourself off.
I drive a 2010 Golf that growls at people when it goes over 3000rpm.
D-Dub,Sep 1 2007, 02: Wrote:you would need to spend more then 3grand to achieve 200whp N/A. Its better to go turbo and run a safe tune, then save some more cash and build your engine up. Im not sure what your target hp is, but for 3 grand you could start yourself off.
[right][snapback]248101[/snapback][/right]

I would really like to get the 2.3L Cosworth from Focus Sport! 350HP!

SmokeBCBuDZ,Sep 1 2007, 04:44 AM Wrote:Well it is a lot. But I can afford it. I was just curious to see if through engine build up and compression I could get around the same HP.
[right][snapback]248082[/snapback][/right]

hp/$ turbo will be cheaper

it isn't a popular option here, but how about just getting another car :)
naz,Sep 1 2007, 09:41 PM Wrote:
SmokeBCBuDZ,Sep 1 2007, 04:44 AM Wrote:Well it is a lot. But I can afford it. I was just curious to see if through engine build up and compression I could get around the same HP.
[right][snapback]248082[/snapback][/right]

hp/$ turbo will be cheaper

it isn't a popular option here, but how about just getting another car :)
[right][snapback]248110[/snapback][/right]

I like my focus. :D

my kits for sale in the for sale section man. check it out.
Turbo Kit For sale. Bills SUCK.