FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: New Car Comp
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My car has been running really poorly lately.

Took it to ford they said that my diablo chip has fried the computer and i need a new one. Now that is all well and good, but they want $800 plus tax to put one in and that may or may not fix everything they said.

Any ideas?
Did you try just removing the diablo and resetting the computer?
^^ Did you try resetting?

What dealer did you take it too?

take your diablo chip off and take your car to different dealer..
believe or not, they blame everything on aftermarket stuff and they refuse to do anything about it..
konafocuswrc,Jul 4 2007, 05:49 PM Wrote:take your diablo chip off and take your car to different dealer..
believe or not, they blame everything on aftermarket stuff and they refuse to do anything about it..
[right][snapback]243103[/snapback][/right]

Well Iv'e heard the same thing, its alsways aftermarket parts that are the problem!! Like konafocuswrc said "remove the chip and take it else were, it may be a quick fix.
You should try this of course, but IIRC the Diablo will always leave tell-tale evidence that the box was tampered with, so don't be surprised if you get the same answer.

Have you tried a wreckers? If you go to http://www.car-part.com you can even search for the ECU based on code and they all look to be $150 CAD or less.

hardk0re,Jul 4 2007, 04:18 PM Wrote:Did you try just removing the diablo and resetting the computer?
[right][snapback]243095[/snapback][/right]